Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close account

Options
  • 13-12-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I left the country on 15th September and 2/3 weeks ago I sent a written request to my bank account holding branch to close the account. However it looks like it is still open.

As I was told, with the letter I also sent a copy of my id, a proof of address, my account details, an alternate bank account and a contact number and address.

Could you please check on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

diyeys wrote: »
    Hi,

I left the country on 15th September and 2/3 weeks ago I sent a written request to my bank account holding branch to close the account. However it looks like it is still open.

As I was told, with the letter I also sent a copy of my id, a proof of address, my account details, an alternate bank account and a contact number and address.

Thanks

Hi diyeys,
    Thanks for the message.
    In this case if you still have access to your 365 online profile I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile, if you're not currently set up for 365 online I'd ask you to call us on 0035314044000 and the advisers in either section will be more than happy to look into if your closure request has been received and if it is now being processed.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

diyeys wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi diyeys,
    Thanks for the message.
    In this case if you still have access to your 365 online profile I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile, if you're not currently set up for 365 online I'd ask you to call us on 0035314044000 and the advisers in either section will be more than happy to look into if your closure request has been received and if it is now being processed.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thank you, will do as you suggest.

Advertisement