Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Keyboard & Mouse

Options
  • 13-12-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking to get someone a gift of a keyboard and mouse with PS4 compatibility for Fortnite gaming. I understand a mechanical keyboard is the preferred type. Gamestop have no compatible keyboards in stock. Any recommendations / pointers on where to get them in Dublin?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

denisor wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking to get someone a gift of a keyboard and mouse with PS4 compatibility for Fortnite gaming. I understand a mechanical keyboard is the preferred type. Gamestop have no compatible keyboards in stock. Any recommendations / pointers on where to get them in Dublin?
    Thanks in advance.

There is no native support for keyboard and mouse in any PS4 games (as far as I know). You'd have to get either an adapter like XIM which will connect any keyboard and mouse via USB. Or get a solution from a third party like the Hori TAC4.

From my understanding any option will need a lot of configuration per game to feel remotely useful as the games are designed with controllers in mind and all that goes with it; smoothing, auto aim, limited sensitivity, etc.

Would probably need to get these online though adverts have a few XIM adapters for sale, but they're not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

bugs wrote: »
    There is no native support for keyboard and mouse in any PS4 games (as far as I know). You'd have to get either an adapter like XIM which will connect any keyboard and mouse via USB. Or get a solution from a third party like the Hori TAC4.

From my understanding any option will need a lot of configuration per game to feel remotely useful as the games are designed with controllers in mind and all that goes with it; smoothing, auto aim, limited sensitivity, etc.

Would probably need to get these online though adverts have a few XIM adapters for sale, but they're not cheap.

Thanks for the reply, super helpful, looks like a XIM4 for PS$ is needed with a wired keyboard. Will investigate further. Appreciate the extremely helpful reply.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's definitely native support for it but only for a tiny number of games. I think Fortnight is one of them, Overwatch used to support it it seems and there's a few more. Naturally, Sony doesn't want to share that list anywhere cause it eats into their massively overpriced BS controller sales :rolleyes:

Advertisement