Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit Discussion Thread VI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Brexit in crisis and the parliament are arguing over defense budgets. Laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,425 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

branie2 wrote: »
    Only a few minutes to go to the vote

Despite obliterating TM last night those Tories will be back voting on party lines.. utterly deranged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Michael gove giving a passionate speech to end the proceedings in the HoC. I say passionate because he seemed to be getting into it. It seemed a speech that was more about attacking Jeremy Corbyn than defending Theresa May, as he spent a lot of time talking about Corbyn than May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Impressive from Gove, had me convinced that it is going great in the UK right now. That is some pitch of his to be the next PM, still mostly lies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

AdamD wrote: »
    Brexit in crisis and the parliament are arguing over defense budgets. Laughable.
    How else can they decide their strategy of having two new aircraft carriers (that they don't need, may not be able to afford to operate, and only commissioned because of American influence).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ireland is also in favour of extending A50.
    No.

We've said we wouldn't block an extension which is a very different thing. And also it would be dependent on the UK deciding on solutions it can support.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0116/1023521-brexit-ireland-reaction/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Enzokk wrote: »
    Impressive from Gove, had me convinced that it is going great in the UK right now. That is some pitch of his to be the next PM, still mostly lies though.
    the Govt and DUP are voting against Corbyn, not for May

How long is there to vote does anyone know ? I can see a clock on the left balcony(for lack of a better term for it) which is counting up but I don't know how long is left. In the dail they count down which is easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Yes it does.

The 2nd Dáil transferred its Governmental Authority of the Republic to another body to hold in trust for the people until such time as the 3rd Dáil could convene.
    I'll just leave these two quotes side by side. I think they illustrate your nonsense better than I ever could

Risteard81 wrote: »
    That would be hugely anti-democratic like everything the so-called "EU" does. Just like with Nice 2 and Lisbon 2.

The truth is Brexit is the correct decision, and all countries should leave the so-called "EU" and the so-called "EU" should go away and die. Our heroes of '16 would be appalled by it.

Ayes 306 Noes 325

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

306-325. The noes have it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

No Confidence 306
    Confidence 325

No surprise really to be honest, Corbyn is more interested in power than trying to sort this issue out, trying to get in power is effecting his judgement and decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Waste of time for all involved. Labour need to send Corbyn off to the old folks home that’s all he’s good for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

devnull wrote: »
    No Confidence 306
    Confidence 325

What a waste of time by the deluded Labour leader.

Seemingly some Labour MPs must have voted confidence in the government?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So what was the point of all that then?

I mean she survives the vote but honestly that doesn't solve the utter mess of brexit. Let's not try and make it seem all is good in the world.

So now for the first time since the announcement of the election pledge back in 2015 the Tories will try to start cross party talks.

Whether they will listen or even if there will be a consensus is a different kettle of fish altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

VinLieger wrote: »
    So what was the point of all that then?

You mean the vote of no confidence or the last two and a half years? Both seem like giant wastes of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Everyone laughing at Nigel Dodds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

At least they have stable leadership now to get on with things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean she survives the vote but honestly that doesn't solve the utter mess of brexit. Let's not try and make it seem all is good in the world.
    Yeah, it's just another groundhog day. Rinse and repeat until they all wake up after brexit day and realise that it's just passed them by. Never seen a parliament so intent on navel gazing in the face of such a calamitous event. It's like they're paralysed by fear and just keep doing the same things over and over in the hope of somehow something changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Lackey wrote: »

Can I ask the knowledge people on this thread in regards to the vote tonight
    Is it all for show because the voted against the deal?
    Does anyone actually want May’s job right now?

I don’t think anyone really wants May’s job
    Just to be seen to criticise
    Now they want a deal but won’t agree with any deal put forward?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Utter delusion from Dodds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Time for Corbyn to go.

A decent opposition is needed with a leader who can unite and represent the labour party and the country. Corbyn represents no one but himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

is she safe for another year now, like with the party vote?

There is hardly a handful of people in the parliament that truly have any faith in TM's government. But better a farce from your party as PM than a farce from them lot over the way.

An absolute farce of a parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Bot42 wrote: »

No, Labour can have as many no confidence motions as they want against the government.

Nah that's just a Tory leadership party rule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

No. There could be another vote of no confidence tomorrow, though it's unlikely given the margin tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Dodd's essentially saying to May now that do what we say or we will finish you by essentially stating they are nothing without the DUPs support.

Not surprising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement