Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Deirdre - Saturday 15 December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Graces7 wrote: »
    Getting rough now

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/1215/1017317-weather/

and up here. just beginning I think?

west mayo,, rain lashing against the windows and gusts shaking the air.

I don't think you will get any more than a gale up that way, it's just going to hit the south coast a glancing blow as it passes to east south of the country

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

I don't think you will get any more than a gale up that way, it's just going to hit the south coast a glancing blow as it passes to east south of the country

different story out at sea on an exposed island,
    marine warning applicable to grace

2. West or northwest strong gale force 9 or storm force 10 winds developing this afternoon and evening, on all Irish coastal waters and on the Irish Sea. Winds may touch violent storm force 11 for a short time between Carnsore Point and Valentia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rains stopped now in cork city and wind isn’t too bad. Going to be interesting to see the change later on.

2. West or northwest strong gale force 9 or storm force 10 winds developing this afternoon and evening, on all Irish coastal waters and on the Irish Sea. Winds may touch violent storm force 11 for a short time between Carnsore Point and Valentia.

I am at sea, don't think it will be warning territory this far north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Torrential rain and gusting winds in Enniscorthy for the last 14 or so hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very dark in Galway wind really picking up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

At least the grass is green and there’s no hose pipe ban😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭squarecircles

must be an oversight by met eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think there will be a few casualties due to the freezing rain in the north of England, given the time of year, and some people just don't take heed of weather warnings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

All depends where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

Currently calm in cork city Northside no rain. My husband has just gone out with his mother to do the shopping,I reckon it will be very different weather on their return. They still don't believe what I'm saying about this evening. This is going to catch alot of people off guard due to the timing, they will say let's head out after lunch sure isn't it fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

aisling86 wrote: »
    Currently calm in cork city Northside no rain. My husband has just gone out with his mother to do the shopping,I reckon it will be very different weather on their return. They still don't believe what I'm saying about this evening. This is going to catch alot of people off guard due to the timing, they will say let's head out after lunch sure isn't it fine!

I think it may also be because a lot of the storms with alerts we have had recently have been during the night / in the morning so people saw that it was issued, it was windy and wet this morning, calm now so it must be over even though the worst is to come.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fastnet has seriously ramped up in the last 20 minutes. Was gusting 24kt in last report I saw. Now gusting 74kt!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Sun shining in Athlone hardly any wind

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And that applies to all coastal areas. The gale does not just stop at the edge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Fairly windy in my area of meath, with on and off spells of rain just a typical winters day so far

Still the same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Welcome back mortelaro,you were missed around these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

South coast going to get BATTERED very soon. OOOOOOMMMMPHHHHHHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Few nasty showers in Galway but the sun actually shining now. Wind picking up very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Beautiful bright sunny day in Limerick. First timw ive seen blue skies in weeks. Not a hint of what's to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

468244.JPG

nice line here just behind it (west side) rain started again ,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Flood like rain coming down here in north Kerry and wind is definitely picking up speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Wind and rain picking up in North Kerry.

I'm in for the day....except if the dog needs to go out!

Graces7 wrote: »
    And that applies to all coastal areas. The gale does not just stop at the edge ;)

OK I was only giving my opinion, belmullet will record it and I believe it won't be in warning territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Sun is shining here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

pp_me wrote: »
    Sun is shining here!

Same in Galway and large swathes of blue skies opening up. Gentle breeze but trying to pick up. Calm before storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

There is less rain than forecast for this ?
    Noticed yr.no have downgraded amounts too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Calm in Lucan, Lashing in Bray. Was a fun drive on the m50, people doing their usual efforts to save their headlights and driving into torrential rain at high speeds.

Advertisement