Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Deirdre - Saturday 15 December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

25mm rain here from this, awful day out. Hoping for better tomorrow.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

She's landed South Tipp near Dundrum heavy rain wind picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Non event here in cork city so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

the2hurdys wrote: »

I'm in Carrick on suir and there's not a puff of wind, any minute now I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Car was being shaken all over the place driving down the link road by the Kinsale Road roundabout in cork city. Some very strong gusts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Nice enough late afternoon in Clondalkin for a quick stroll around Corkagh Park. Mainly clear skies with no breeze. Not particularly cold either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just hit North Tipp. Lighting and thunder included.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Anyone has a rough estimate of the time Deirdre is going to hit Dublin at? Have a work Christmas party tonight and I'm looking for a suitable excuse not to go after previously saying I would :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Few miles from coast in Cork, can confirm, windy!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Wild in limerick. It's dark lashing rain and high winds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Quite wild in Cobh but through breaks in the cloud to the south and west, we are getting quite the incredible sunset at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭thomil

Weird light here in Ballincollig. Some gusts are unreal, but there's surprisingly little rain. Temperature down to 7.4°C, with air pressure climbing again, now at 985.7 mbar.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 15/12/18 16.15 temperature 7°C
    N9xoJaX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rough night on Kinsale Platform

261 56 gust 80 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

julyjane wrote: »
    the2hurdys wrote: »

I'm in Carrick on suir and there's not a puff of wind, any minute now I suppose!

Dungarvan just turned wild. Serious gusts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gusting 49kts at Cork Airport in latest METAR update

~ 91km/h

meanwhile 7km offshore (and approx. 60m above the sea)

https://twitter.com/FastnetLHouse/status/1073977083502706696

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Almost flat calm in North Kildare and feeling mild. A few spits of rain but eerily quiet. Birds chirping away in the hedgerows and trees. I must be very close to our in the eye. Expecting a rapid change in the next hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Surprisingly the rain hasn't been too bad in Cork City just short little bursts that aren't that heavy. Is there more to come behind the low? Wind is still building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

Forgot to add, as well as being flat calm, the sky overhead is completely clear. Can see the moon to my south east. Hard to imagine the rapid change coming shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Few rumbles of thunder near Athlone. Dogs going mental

I'd go out and look but its too miserable out there, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Surprisingly the rain hasn't been too bad in Cork City just short little bursts that aren't that heavy. Is there more to come behind the low? Wind is still building.

Yes, same in my area. There were some heavy outbreaks of rain an hour or so ago but it has stopped now. Not too much wind either. Certainly no worse than what the last few weeks have been like. Maybe the worst is yet to come.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Dunno, just walked home and it wasn't too wet or windy. Did see a fair few light branches on the ground and knocked over bins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The river is a muddy torrent though, but not high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The rain has stopped and it's quite calm here in south Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,043 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Rikand wrote: »
    Few rumbles of thunder near Athlone. Dogs going mental

I'd go out and look but its too miserable out there, lol :D

Massive flash in the sky about 10 minutes ago between Ballinasloe and Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭tiegan

Went from Calm to Very Stormy here in Fethard Co Tipp within the space of 5mins - howling outside now!! Very cold wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gusting quite a bit in Waterford now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

What's the timing on this storm?
    It really didn't seem very noticeable in Cork City. There may have been the odd gust but sitting in the house I didn't even realise there was a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

All in all a blustery day here in W Kerry ... horizontal rain at times but nothing to severe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,841 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

m17 wrote: »
    Tuam Co galway[/IMG]

Despite the crap weather in that picture, I'm excited to be home for a week next week!

Advertisement