Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Deirdre - Saturday 15 December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

EdgeCase wrote: »
    What's the timing on this storm?
    It really didn't seem very noticeable in Cork City. There may have been the odd gust but sitting in the house I didn't even realise there was a storm.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

flazio wrote: »
    Massive flash in the sky about 10 minutes ago between Ballinasloe and Athlone.

Yep - and some seriously LOUD thunder and ferocious downpour to go along with it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Huh. Tramore surf shop reporting thunderstorms everywhere on FB. I corrected them on that and now i'm blocked from commenting and my post deleted. Oddness :o

Had a look at their page. Some history of scaremongering there! Apparent he’s never been wrong in ten years of weather forecasting!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Went from Calm to very gusty in a few minutes here in Waterford City. Max gust 67km/h

www.waterfordweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dark clouds moved in over cork city a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Total non event in Galway it was windy for around half hour back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Dark clouds moved in over cork city a few minutes ago.

Yep night time is nearly here. Nothing too extreme in north cork. Windy and showery yes but expected far more rain at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Total non event in Galway it was windy for around half hour back to normal now

was to be expected,the event was downgraded to a yellow warning for the entire country apart from four counties a number of hours ago.

was looking foward to a good storm,turned out to be just a miserable,grim depressing day.

fuels this type of narrative https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057938282

unfortunate for met eireann as the public slowly loose trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

ASCAT B scan at 11:37 shows the centre of the low just off the Kerry/Cork coast.

468256.png

ukmo_nat_fax_2018121512_000.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Anyone know the rough time for worst to hit Dublin or east coast in general. Was pretty bad earlier for few hours, eerily calm at moment where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Small bit of wind in Galway and a few showers.

It didn’t even warrant a yellow warning ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

was to be expected,the event was downgraded to a yellow warning for the entire country apart from four counties a number of hours ago.

was looking foward to a good storm,turned out to be just a miserable,grim depressing day.

And it's only half time. Some of the strongest winds are set to come later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Very gusty here at the moment and no electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sohsoh

julyjane wrote: »
    I'm in Carrick on suir and there's not a puff of wind, any minute now I suppose!

Any minute has arrived:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

And it's only half time. Some of the strongest winds are set to come later this evening.

Up the south east or in Cork too? Relatively calm where I am in north cork now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

Winds suddenly picked up in Kilkenny city. Very gusty. In car waiting for someone and the car is being shook like I've never felt before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

On the way back down from Carrick On Shannon to Carlow and the rain is biblical in Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Has anyone charts from today? I saw MTs warning to check after 11. Last charts I saw was Meteroites and wind should have hit (old head Kinsale) here by now but apart from one squall it's been a calm lovely evening. Is that it for the south coast?

i think their silence says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Hard to believe it's calm in Kinsale, as the crow flies i'm 25 miles down the coast and it has been wild here for the last few hours. The Old Head would be much more exposed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Certainly nothing much in Cork.
    Another over hyped event.
    As I said a few days ago in the 80s it would be called a wet windy day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Clare's firing up now, light's flickering and the rain's making it's way in....

different era
    less people on the move
    less infrastruture motorways etc
    lack of public health and safety culture.

times change
    perceptions change.
    the weather doesnt

today was a pile of cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

different era
    less people on the move
    less infrastruture motorways etc
    lack of public health and safety culture.

times change
    perceptions change.
    the weather doesnt

today was a pile of cack.

Good god, we get it already. Leave it off would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

It’s a forecast not a your-cast.

It’s been bad enough in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭highdef

Completely calm now in North Kildare. Not even a hint of a slight breeze. The active front is getting ever closer to my location so expecting an imminent major change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Heavy rain and strong gusting winds for the last 2 hours approx. Some serious flooding from today's rain on top of what we've had all week

North Cork Limerick Border

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not sure where JanuarySnowstor is but its still quite gusty in my part of Cork City and as Gaoth said the center of the low is just below us which is usually the calm part, more to come I am assuming. More rain possibly appearing off the west coast atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Calm and dry in Meath. Plenty showers earlier in the day. Looks like more rain on route? Calm at moment.

Advertisement