Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up a joint account. One person received email, other did not.

Options
  • 13-12-2018 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I tried to set up a joint account using the online system on Tuesday evening. After filling in the online form we were shown a message saying that an email would be sent to us telling us how to submit our proof of address documents. I received the email and was able to submit the documents for myself online, however my partner did not receive any email and so has not been able to submit the documents for themselves. I presume we were both supposed to receive an email? How should we proceed now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

WaterWolf wrote: »
    I tried to set up a joint account using the online system on Tuesday evening. After filling in the online form we were shown a message saying that an email would be sent to us telling us how to submit our proof of address documents. I received the email and was able to submit the documents for myself online, however my partner did not receive any email and so has not been able to submit the documents for themselves. I presume we were both supposed to receive an email? How should we proceed now?

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    As you said you should both receive an email that you can use to upload documentation. Can I ask your partner to check the junk and spam folders on their email account as our emails can sometimes go into those accounts automatically.
    If there isn't any emails within these folders then I'd ask your partner to call account opening up section on 1890354454 (or 0035314044034 if they're abroad) and the advisers there will be able to have a look into this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement