Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jimbojazz wrote: »
    It'd be Madness to speculate before they announce it:)

Madness again ??

Not bad but speculation it's a Manchester born act. Ian Brown of Stone Roses games maybe ?

Anyway TBA on 2fm at midday tomorrow
    https://www.facebook.com/604332726245646/posts/2421191971226370/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Madness...... ? it is madness alright.

Lottie Ryan...
    She needs a thread of her own ! shes ... like... soooooo like......super annoying ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Jenny Green and the 48 piece RTE Concert Orchestra just announced as Headliners for the Friday. Great news!

"Ever since catching their amazing debut at Electric Picnic in 2016, we have been trying to bring this amazing show to Daytripper. Since then they have sold 40,000 tickets in Dublin, 25,000 tickets in Cork, 12,000 tickets in Killarney and 8,000 tickets in Galway. Finally, the 48 piece RTE Concert Orchestra will be making their South East debut on Friday, 31 May, playing all your favourite dance music classics of the 90s with DJ Jenny Greene and vocalist Gemma Sugrue. That night is also the 40th Anniversary of 2FM so some added surprises are promised for this PARTY of all parties ! Tickets are on sale at 9am tomorrow at www.daytripper.ie and No. 21, The Glen, Waterford"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

sweet jesus thats ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Gardner wrote: »
    sweet jesus thats ****e

I actually think it will be class to be honest... Their shows at other events have been really well received from anything I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Gardner wrote: »
    sweet jesus thats ****e

Have you seen the show ?

Few friends said this was the highlight of electric picnic when they were there. Concept is fantastic if you ask me.

€50 + to see this in Dublin/Limerick and Cork

Youtube vids look good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Absolutely the worst concert I have ever seen when I went to this at the Marquee a few years go and that is even if you can call it a concert.

Jenny just presses a button god sake!

The RTE Concert Orchestra are talented and Gemma had a great voice but she barely sings.

€50 plus to see this is absolute robbery!!!

yeah a bit disaponting but i should of known it with be announced on 2fm

tbh never heard any of her stuff but not into dance music

Hoping for a big act for the final night. Thin Lizzy (obv without the legend Philo) are touring again and would be brillent

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah a bit disaponting but i should of known it with be announced on 2fm

tbh never heard any of her stuff but not into dance music

Hoping for a big act for the final night. Thin Lizzy (obv without the legend Philo) are touring again and would be brillent

Jenny Greene
    Madness
    Gavin James

3 headliners ?

savic04 wrote: »
    Jenny Greene
    Madness
    Gavin James

3 headliners ?

madness are not confimred yet only rumours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

savic04 wrote: »
    Jenny Greene
    Madness
    Gavin James

3 headliners ?

with that line up i wouldn't be surprised if the waxies and dick dave & us are announced as support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It's Madness, oh yes

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Happy Days - Madness are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

People are really exited to see a washed up 80s Ska band play a carpark? They've already played Daytripper before. It's not worth paying if they're going be having the same acts all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

People are really exited to see a washed up 80s Ska band play a carpark? They've already played Daytripper before. It's not worth paying if they're going be having the same acts all the time

Whether you rate them or not, its hardly realistic to dismiss them as has-beens.

They've played several high-profile gigs including BBC NYE in last number of years and have been releasing critically-acclaimed albums into the naughties.

With their back calalogue alone, they are a very good live band to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

bullpost wrote: »
    Whether you rate them or not, its hardly realistic to dismiss them as has-beens.

They've played several high-profile gigs including BBC NYE in last number of years and have been releasing critically-acclaimed albums into the naughties.

With their back calalogue alone, they are a very good live band to have.

Saw them few years ago, they are excellent, might go see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Madness are not a ska band they are ska influenced which is why they had a long career they mix different styles of music to make their own kinda sound rather than a one trick pony like other actually ska bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Isn't it nice for those of us who missed them first time around to have a second chance?

Not bad, saw them the last time and liked it

Bank holiday Sunday with Waterford playing Limerick in the hurling the same day possibly in Walsh Park. City will be hoping.

Might look into going myself

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

TBH Madness are a good live act and fairly high profile albeit a bit retro. Only has to look @ their recent Glastonbury headline appearances to see how they can really get the crowd going. And if they are good enough to rock Glastonbury then Waterford surely cannot complain.... Oh I forgot this is Waterford and complaining is 2nd nature and deeply ingrained in the local psyche!

Don't forget as well as Daytripper there is also a huge festival out the road in Portlaw: the 2nd year of All Together Now [acts confirmed to date The National, Patti Smith, Hot Chip, Father John Misty, The Good The Bad The Queen, John Hopkins, Olafur Arnalds, Neneh Cherry, The Wailers and plenty more confirmed and TBC. For those who know their music and like an eclectic mix these are pretty impressive names.

I attended last year and was mightly impressed @ the layout and set up. From having attended many festivals down thru the years I was astonished to have such an event within a 15min drive.

So enough of the complaining & negativity please. Just attend one of these events and enjoy the experience. Many other cities/towns would love to have the options available. Dont forget there are also the local Summer festivals : Spraoi & Harvest. And the nice intimate weekly outdoor Churchyard Sessions @ the back of the Reg running throughout the Summer.

But as with all things in life its difficult to please all the people!

• Advertisement

The red carpet should be rolled out for the legend that is Paul Simonon when he visits for the gig with The Good, The Bad and The Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

God forbid you have a different opinion than someone. I personally don't want to see Madness here again.

God forbid you have a different opinion than someone. I personally don't want to see Madness here again.

Strong opinions usually get that type of reaction to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Madness, madness they call it madness
    Madness, madness they call it madness
    It’s plain to see that is what they mean to me
    Madness, madness I call it gladness

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

They're a quality live band though. It's not that your opinion is different, your opinion is crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Nothing mentioned on here about this event happening in 2 days time in 3 months, I have seen nothing on Facebook regarding it. Is it me or does it seem to be very low key and not much advertisement about it

Nothing mentioned on here about this event happening in 2 days time in 3 months, I have seen nothing on Facebook regarding it. Is it me or does it seem to be very low key and not much advertisement about it

Seems to have a bit of excitement on Facebook etc

A June bank holiday is a hard sell imo as there is so much on elsewhere. Should be a good weekend in the city as I've seen standalone gigs, the Waterford vs Limerick game and the general night out stuff.

This big top thing could be good tho if they can add quality acts

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tickets sales average for the first night but sold very well for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday you have mundy live in the Apple market , champions league final , factory is sold out already and daytripper. Town will be hopping . Sunday should be great too .

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Really looking forward to Sunday - travelling down home from Dublin for the hurling and then madness afterwards - great day for the city so hopefully the weather is decent!

• Advertisement

enjoy the weekend for anyone going to this

not a fan of the lineup tbh but its great for the city. Lots happening this weeknd with music in a few areas of the including the apple market, baileys new Street and a few pubs across town, Champions league final and the hurling sunday

Advertisement