Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Yes, as far as I know, unless the promoters have a change of heart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

aziz wrote: »
    Yes, as far as I know, unless the promoters have a change of heart

They are bringing back Madness for one last sing song so I hear:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Shame if it's finished, but that's what I've heard as well. It brought some visitors into town, created a buzz and was a nice 'start' to the Summer.

Will there be anything official made of it finishing I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Would anyone have an idea of what kind of attendances Daytripper had each day this year?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110343640&postcount=64

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder could we take a leaf out of our dear neighbor's book and just have one big act play here each summer ??

Nowlan Park is hosting Dylan and Young tomorrow and in the past have had other great acts grace the city

Hopefully the big top festival goes well in August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder could we take a leaf out of our dear neighbor's book and just have one big act play here each summer ??

Nowlan Park is hosting Dylan and Young tomorrow and in the past have had other great acts grace the city

Hopefully the big top festival goes well in August

There has been very few big acts playing in Waterford in recent years. Think it would be cool If someone like Bruce Springstein played in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All together Now is the big event for Waterford now, assuming it all goes well this year.

I suspect Waterfords location works against it for a big one off show - Kilkenny has a venue and it's handily central to the whole SE corner. A 60-75m drive in any direction takes in Clonmel, Waterford, Carlow, Wexford, Cashel, Tipp town, Portlaoise and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

All together Now is the big event for Waterford now, assuming it all goes well this year.

I suspect Waterfords location works against it for a big one off show - Kilkenny has a venue and it's handily central to the whole SE corner. A 60-75m drive in any direction takes in Clonmel, Waterford, Carlow, Wexford, Cashel, Tipp town, Portlaoise and so on.

A 60-75 minute drive from any of those towns will get you to Waterford too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suppose the venue where ATN is held could be used for one off shows but not having a big enough central location for massive gigs is against us. Pity really

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I suppose the venue where ATN is held could be used for one off shows but not having a big enough central location for massive gigs is against us. Pity really

The WIT sports campus could easily hold concerts. It's ideal for buses and taxis, and there is plenty of parking for people driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Its only with the M9, nine years ago, that Waterford city is even properly accessible from Dublin. The New Ross Bypass and connection with east coast Dublin via M11 will improve that situation. Met two families in Moe's yesterday from Kilcock who "discovered" Tramore last year and now come down regularly because its easy to get here. ATN came from nowhere and shows what can be achieved. WIT campus Carriganore could easily do the business. people elsewhere in the region will do what they want, and I reckon the right promoter would do the business in Waterford too. The Fleadh Mor was 26 years too early.

Advertisement