Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

They told me it’s vetting the usual and I rang last week and they told me I was waiting to be signed off then I rang this Monday and they said vetting outstanding and I rang this afternoon and they said awaiting sign off. I dunno what’s going on atal. What date are the next crowd going in do u reckon?

1st group could be the 8th of April and 2nd Group the 22nd of April

They told me it’s vetting the usual and I rang last week and they told me I was waiting to be signed off then I rang this Monday and they said vetting outstanding and I rang this afternoon and they said awaiting sign off. I dunno what’s going on atal. What date are the next crowd going in do u reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

paddyCPW wrote: »

And how many people do be in the groups normally do you know ?

And how many people do be in the groups normally do you know ?

100 people per group. 200 taken in total

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

100 people per group. 200 taken in total

Ah don't think be much odds of me getting this intake so with intake in the 600s and from 17

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

They’d be back to back. So the 15th and 22nd. They wouldn’t space them. I reckon they’ll be the dates with the class starting the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MU2017

Rparker17 wrote: »
    They’d be back to back. So the 15th and 22nd. They wouldn’t space them. I reckon they’ll be the dates with the class starting the 29th.

They're both 4 day weeks though with Easter? Does induction not have to be 5 days?! I'm from June 17, still vetting outstanding, rang last week and they said that they were just awaiting info from when I was reserve, I rang my divisional office myself and got that sorted but now they say that they're waiting on more info on my relatives as well, it's so infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

For intakes how does it work? Will they get everyone outstanding from 2016 in before moving to 2017 or do they mix it with applicants from 2016 / 2017 and 2018? Is it first come first serve or just a mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Smallboy wrote: »
    For intakes how does it work? Will they get everyone outstanding from 2016 in before moving to 2017 or do they mix it with applicants from 2016 / 2017 and 2018? Is it first come first serve or just a mix?
    People from previous campaigns get priority but obviously you need to be signed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

MU2017 wrote: »
    They're both 4 day weeks though with Easter? Does induction not have to be 5 days?! I'm from June 17, still vetting outstanding, rang last week and they said that they were just awaiting info from when I was reserve, I rang my divisional office myself and got that sorted but now they say that they're waiting on more info on my relatives as well, it's so infuriating.

Induction is only 4 days. Still a good few weeks till the offers. Keep the faith it’ll be back by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

I ring every 3 days or so. There’s been no progress on my file for months.
    I’m seotember 2016, everything completed about 18 months nearly. I’m not the only one like this either. So anyone from June 2017 who’s complaining just think about us haha because I am at my witts end

I'm the same mate from sept 2016. Everything finished apart from vetting a year and a half ago. I call ever month let's say. One time they would say the file is in the commissioners office, next time it's vetting outstanding then back to commissioners office. Didn't book a holiday last year anticipating a call up because if so I'll need to keep all my money to pay the mortgage while in templemore. Looking like the same ****ty situation this year. I have a close friend who is a high ranked garda and they can't get any info on the situation. I'd say the file is lost or something. Absolute mess of an operation

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Ive heard the rumour that next intake might take place in june ... hopefully not

AniaSz wrote: »
    Ive heard the rumour that next intake might take place in june ... hopefully not

Oh yeah? Is it creditable from who you heard it off?

Oh yeah? Is it creditable from who you heard it off?

Priv

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

I'm the same mate from sept 2016. Everything finished apart from vetting a year and a half ago. I call ever month let's say. One time they would say the file is in the commissioners office, next time it's vetting outstanding then back to commissioners office. Didn't book a holiday last year anticipating a call up because if so I'll need to keep all my money to pay the mortgage while in templemore. Looking like the same ****ty situation this year. I have a close friend who is a high ranked garda and they can't get any info on the situation. I'd say the file is lost or something. Absolute mess of an operation

Hey I'm only June 17 but was having the same issue. My local sargent even held the file by accident. I found if you email them a very specific email of the break down of when you did each section and with the suspected conclusion your file was lost throughout the process. I didn't even get an invite to the college before the PCT. Which maybe common but in my email I put it in the words that on several occations it seems like my file hasn't gone to the right department. Hope this helps. I was told I'm just awaiting the next intake but then reading this trend got worries so emailed and Lord behold they are now not replying. I'm going to ring tomorrow but probably record the conversation as we need to have our corner backup. They think they can say wjat they want as we dont have any grounds vut it should be as credible as anyone elses info they give. It's complete crap a state organisation can be handled so unprofessional. We jump all the hoops then left in limbo. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Hi guys!

How’s everyone holding up with the waiting?
    Anyone been on to HRM recently about the next start date? Iv heard now and read here that the dates been pushed back to end of June now. Just wondering has anyone heard it from HRM themselves?

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Anyone been on to HRM recently about the next start date? Iv heard now and read here that the dates been pushed back to end of June now. Just wondering has anyone heard it from HRM themselves?

I'm from June '17 and I was act only talking to them today, I'm finally all clear, signed off, etc and they said the next batch would be around March/April but that it would depend on my order of merit as to whether I make it in or not. Here's hoping it is and we all make the cut!!

I'm from June '17 and I was act only talking to them today, I'm finally all clear, signed off, etc and they said the next batch would be around March/April but that it would depend on my order of merit as to whether I make it in or not. Here's hoping it is and we all make the cut!!

What's your oom

Well that’s postive that HRM are saying March/ April. Happy days. Can I ask your OOM?

Well that’s postive that HRM are saying March/ April. Happy days. Can I ask your OOM?

Yea but I think you can take everything they say with a pinch of salt as they don't seem to have a notion of what's going on. I'm 501. I wonder how many people that they had for Jan though as I presume they'll all be for the next intake and they'll just need to fill the places that they couldn't last month.

• Advertisement

Hi guys!

I’m from June 17, just waiting final sign off. I will call them tomorrow also and update!

I’m from June 17, just waiting final sign off. I will call them tomorrow also and update!

Let us know how you get on !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Try and get a ball park date for when calls will be out for next intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Do ye know at all is there many from 2017 campaign still waiting? Just thinking I am [snipped] from 2018 what are the chances of me even getting in on an intake this year! The wait is a killer I couldn't imagine waiting since 2017! Half tempted to apply for 2019 campaign too just so i dont miss out haha.

Do ye know at all is there many from 2017 campaign still waiting? Just thinking I am OOM 56 from 2018 what are the chances of me even getting in on an intake this year! The wait is a killer I couldn't imagine waiting since 2017! Half tempted to apply for 2019 campaign too just so i dont miss out haha.

I'd say slim enough considering the amount from 2016 and 17

Next intake is still April.... emails for places will go out in the next few weeks they said. I wouldn’t hold my breath though. I’m still waiting to be signed off

Next intake is still April.... emails for places will go out in the next few weeks they said. I wouldn’t hold my breath though. I’m still waiting to be signed off

I'm the same....I dont know where my vetting stands...I haven't received any PCT date yet or medical and others have which is disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Anyone that did their PCT last week how did ye get on? Was it intimidating ??
    And where do you park when you go up is it in the golf course again?

Do ye know at all is there many from 2017 campaign still waiting? Just thinking I am OOM 56 from 2018 what are the chances of me even getting in on an intake this year! The wait is a killer I couldn't imagine waiting since 2017! Half tempted to apply for 2019 campaign too just so i dont miss out haha.

Hiya,
    Very unlikely you will make April on time if you have no PCT done. But stranger things have happened. For example, I know someone who done their PCT on a Saturday and got an offer the following Tuesday. Your OOM is very good!! Congrats.

• Advertisement

Anyone that did their PCT last week how did ye get on? Was it intimidating ??
    And where do you park when you go up is it in the golf course again?

Hi Courtney,
    This thread is for people waiting to hear from the April intake. There is a thread on PCT you might find your answer quicker there as the people posting and following it will be at that stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hiya,
    Very unlikely you will make April on time if you have no PCT done. But stranger things have happened. For example, I know someone who done their PCT on a Saturday and got an offer the following Tuesday. Your OOM is very good!! Congrats.

Hiya,
    Not challenging you but just more surprised - There is still plenty of time to get an invite to a PCT before April, I would think anyway
    There could be PCTs for weeks right up to April..maybe lol

Hiya,
    Not challenging you but just more surprised - There is still plenty of time to get an invite to a PCT before April, I would think anyway
    There could be PCTs for weeks right up to April..maybe lol

No worries, I’m personally speaking from experience and previous posters. The vetting for 2018 batch didn’t start until December according to HRM, I haven’t known vetting to be done in 4/5 months but like I said, stranger things have happened. I hope for 2018 candidates sake that they are taking some from that comp, the wait is a killer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NualaG93

Rang today again and they said they’re just waiting on one thing back and everything else on my vetting has been cleared. He said they sent it away yesterday but I was told a few weeks ago that they sent my last bit of vetting away ages ago and were sending reminder letters to get it back. So once again I am none the wiser. So disappointing but I may give up on being called for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Just informed that everything is complete and my file is in a que to be signed off! From September 2016 it's been a long ass wait but I'm delighted haha! Fingers crossed for April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Joda96 wrote: »
    Just informed that everything is complete and my file is in a que to be signed off! From September 2016 it's been a long ass wait but I'm delighted haha! Fingers crossed for April :)

Join the queue haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Joda96 wrote: »

Fantastic well done

Hiya,

Cheers! I actually got my PCT date yesterday for the 22nd Feb so only 2 weeks time. Medical is usually 2 weeks after that from what others have been given. I'll hold hope for April intake a little longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Just got off the phone to HR
    And surprise surprise.
    My file is still Waiting on a decision.
    my file has only been sitting there for the past 2 months
    They are obviously not to worried about numbers to fill the classes in April ...

Bigred88 wrote: »
    And surprise surprise.
    They are obviously not to worried about numbers to fill the classes in April ...

My file is there since september 2018 😂

My file is there since september 2018 ��

Are you 2017 or 2018 campaign?

• Advertisement

Are you 2017 or 2018 campaign?

2017 u?

Bigred88 wrote: »
    And surprise surprise.

Is your vetting complete and just awaiting sign off?

2017 u?

Ah im 2018....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

Anyone get their medical date yet? I'm due for next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

My file is there since september 2018 😂

my file is there since like December 2017. And as of ringing today I’m still awaiting sign off

my file is there since like December 2017. And as of ringing today I’m still awaiting sign off

This is insane ?! Something must be wrong if u waiting that long , did u ask them why ??

This is insane ?! Something must be wrong if u waiting that long , did u ask them why ??

Yeah they said nothings wrong, just in a pile waiting to be signed off and when it is or isn’t signed off they will contact me.
    I’m so fed up at this stage

Yeah they said nothings wrong, just in a pile waiting to be signed off and when it is or isn’t signed off they will contact me.
    I’m so fed up at this stage

I dont think its true ... how come some people were signed off in a month or a week and u are waiting so long

I dont think its true ... how come some people were signed off in a month or a week and u are waiting so long

My vetting took longer I imagine I’ve no idea. They said there’s no issues to date so I’ve to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Is your vetting complete and just awaiting sign off?

Im from 2016 . My vetting was sent for sign off in 2017 and was sent back looking for more information. Everything came back finally in December 2018 and they sent it off for sign off again . They said there’s nothing they can do and I’ll have to wait for the decision .
    2years not being able to plan anything and it’s looking like it’s going to be the same this year .

• Advertisement
Advertisement