Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch cases

Options
  • 13-12-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello,

Are the 5th and 6th generations of iPod Touch exactly the same on the outside?

I'm looking at cases and screen protectors and all are coming up as being made for 5th but compatible with 6th but does this mean the 6th didn't need new cases or simply no one bothered to make them as the kind of fit?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A quick google search works well in this situation. :o

https://newatlas.com/ipod-touch-6g-vs-5g/38521/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Mr E wrote: »
    A quick google search works well in this situation. :o

https://newatlas.com/ipod-touch-6g-vs-5g/38521/

I should have stated that I did Google it before posting but I was getting no answers. The MacBook 'm using at the moment is quite old and actually gets different search results to my newer MacBook.

I have no idea if that is normal but it happens none the less. :P

That website won't load.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The website works for me.

They are basically identical

Both 123mm x 59mm x 6.1mm
    Both 88 grams
    Both have a 4 inch display

The only tiny difference is the ipod touch 6 doesn't have the loop strap holder at the back.

wristband.0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Mr E wrote: »
    The website works for me.

They are basically identical

Both 123mm x 59mm x 6.1mm
    Both 88 grams
    Both have a 4 inch display

The only tiny difference is the ipod touch 6 doesn't have the loop strap holder at the back.

wristband.0.gif

I meant it won't open on the computer I'm using this week, not that there was anything wrong with the link. :)

Thanks for the information.

Advertisement