Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs Manchester United 16/12 - Sky Sports 16:00 **See OP for mod warnings**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely concerned for man united here, Liverpool have everything, pace, hunger, technique and a world class manager, everything this current United side lacks. This could be a massacre.

6-1 to merseyside red

I too like Pro Evo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Score prediction:
    Pool 2-0. The nil is nailed on for Utd. 100%. Can't be more than that.
    For Liverpool the range for their total goes from 0-5 depending on how they play. But I suspect 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Don’t want a huge Liverpool win because that will probably force Jose closer to the sack so I’ll take a handy 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The Mig wrote: »
    Don’t want a huge Liverpool win because that will probably force Jose closer to the sack so I’ll take a handy 2-0

I don't think the owners watch football as such so he is grand in that respect and Ed is signing coco pop and tractor deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Owl. wrote: »
    Used to happen all the time on this forum. Hence Liverpool fans saying it about Utd now...

What goes around comes around.

Must have forgotten that we finished 2nd last year and won a major European trophy the year before. I think Jose has a couple of trophies to his name now and Klopp has ZERO after 4 years. But sure look all that really matters is the "we are top" on the 15th of December brigade have their 15 minutes , it's a well know fact the league is won in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

These games are usually duds so I expect a 0-0 or 1-1, as a LFC fan i actually hate watching this fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Must have forgotten that we finished 2nd last year and won a major European trophy the year before. I think Jose has a couple of trophies to his name now and Klopp has ZERO after 4 years. But sure look all that really matters is the "we are top" on the 15th of December brigade have their 15 minutes , it's a well know fact the league is won in December.

It’s actually funny how smug a lot of people are regarding Jose who has achieved more in his first two years at united then Klopp has in 3. If we factor in that despite Jose’s relative “success” he’s considered a failure because the wheels came off this season. If Klopp wins nothing this season and finished second it’s still no better then what Jose did last season. I suppose the “well we play better football” will be a consolation but when you stand back from the hyperbolic hysteria it’s still the same outcome.

What’s also funny is the smugness of some Liverpool fans when they revelled in the painfully putrid Rafa Benitez style football that etched out many a painful result against united. I don’t remember Houllier playing the most entertaining football now that I think of it. It’s no crime to be a hypocrite but no harm in reminding them either if their smugmeter rises too much!

I would of personally of preferred an attacking coach like Klopp and think that’s the kind of manager united will get in next. But it won’t count for sh*t if the club isn’t restructured within. As an older united fan I think that in some regards the clubs issues are part of the game (success in cycles) but the owners response will determine how long the club will be down. And I don’t mean throwing money on shiny signings...

Where I admire Liverpool is that the whole club looks to be pulling in the same direction. There’s no hint that there is any divide between manager- owners and players. It’s the common element at city and Chelsea (in between the Chelsea tools down season!). Jose is a pantomime villian and a scapegoat. Not because he hasn’t caused chaos on some level, he has, but he’s a scapegoat because the disconnect between manager - players and board was there since SAF left. The net result of him being sacked just means another manager casualty , with a divided dressingroom and question marks over signings a continued problem. The drama surrounding it being Jose is just noise and when you strip that away it’s effectively the same issues that don’t leave with Jose. The rumors of a DOF won’t make a difference if the priorities and criteria for player acquisitions doesn’t change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone thinking that this is an easy win for Liverpool is talking nonsense. They are more likely to win than United I'd say, but if they do it will be a close one.

Big games at Anfield this season: Everton, (1-0 late winner), City (0-0 late missed peno), PSG (3-2 late winner), Chelsea (2-1 defeat late winner), Napoli (1-0 late crucial save)

The only 'easy' games at home this season have been teams much worse than United: Southampton, Cardiff, West Ham, Red Star, Fulham.

I think there's a single goal max in the scoreline tomorrow between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Drumpot wrote: »
    It’s actually funny how smug a lot of people are regarding Jose who has achieved more in his first two years at united then Klopp has in 3. If we factor in that despite Jose’s relative “success” he’s considered a failure because the wheels came off this season. If Klopp wins nothing this season and finished second it’s still no better then what Jose did last season. I suppose the “well we play better football” will be a consolation but when you stand back from the hyperbolic hysteria it’s still the same outcome.

What’s also funny is the smugness of some Liverpool fans when they revelled in the painfully putrid Rafa Benitez style football that etched out many a painful result against united. I don’t remember Houllier playing the most entertaining football now that I think of it. It’s no crime to be a hypocrite but no harm in reminding them either if their smugmeter rises too much!

I would of personally of preferred an attacking coach like Klopp and think that’s the kind of manager united will get in next. But it won’t count for sh*t if the club isn’t restructured within. As an older united fan I think that in some regards the clubs issues are part of the game (success in cycles) but the owners response will determine how long the club will be down. And I don’t mean throwing money on shiny signings...

Where I admire Liverpool is that the whole club looks to be pulling in the same direction. There’s no hint that there is any divide between manager- owners and players. It’s the common element at city and Chelsea (in between the Chelsea tools down season!). Jose is a pantomime villian and a scapegoat. Not because he hasn’t caused chaos on some level, he has, but he’s a scapegoat because the disconnect between manager - players and board was there since SAF left. The net result of him being sacked just means another manager casualty , with a divided dressingroom and question marks over signings a continued problem. The drama surrounding it being Jose is just noise and when you strip that away it’s effectively the same issues that don’t leave with Jose. The rumors of a DOF won’t make a difference if the priorities and criteria for player acquisitions doesn’t change.

Unfortunately for Jose, he seems to have been the scapegoat at Real Madrid, Chelsea and now United.

Poor guy...

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Jose, he seems to have been the scapegoat at Real Madrid, Chelsea and now United.

Poor guy...

With Jose, people will choose to interpret his career however suits their opinion of him.

Fact is he’s won top honors at every club he’s managed no matter how high the expectations were at the clubs. Madrid have only won two league titles in 10 years and one was under Jose. Chelsea teams take every third season off for every manager so it’s not just because of Jose.

Man united was a mess before he joined and will be a mess when he leaves. He will of still been the best manager we had in 6 seasons.

• Advertisement

With Jose, people will choose to interpret his career however suits their opinion of him.

Fact is he’s won top honors at every club he’s managed no matter how high the expectations were at the clubs. Madrid have only won two league titles in 10 years and one was under Jose. Chelsea teams take every third season off for every manager so it’s not just because of Jose.

Man united was a mess before he joined and will be a mess when he leaves. He will of still been the best manager we had in 6 seasons.

Agreed. It amazes me that some fans don't seem to want him in charge, he's the most successful manager in the world as Klopp mentioned yesterday. To me it seems there are off field issues, but on the field Jose is the best option around for United. Back him in the market and he'll turn it around for sure. New contract for DDG and Centre Half signings that he wants and the team pushes on from their under Mourinho's leadership. He will win many more titles. United just need that spine. Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba was his spine at Chelsea. I think he has DDG (Cech), Pogba (Lamps) and Lukaku (Drogba), but he needs that CB of Terry quality that United don't seem to have right now.

8-10 wrote: »
    Agreed. It amazes me that some fans don't seem to want him in charge, he's the most successful manager in the world as Klopp mentioned yesterday. To me it seems there are off field issues, but on the field Jose is the best option around for United. Back him in the market and he'll turn it around for sure. New contract for DDG and Centre Half signings that he wants and the team pushes on from their under Mourinho's leadership. He will win many more titles. United just need that spine. Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba was his spine at Chelsea. I think he has DDG (Cech), Pogba (Lamps) and Lukaku (Drogba), but he needs that CB of Terry quality that United don't seem to have right now.

They might back him at Christmas, or even next summer.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I think he'd leave if they didn't. There's only 9 players he signed at the club....that sounds low

I think it’s the temperament of the players that’s a problem. That and the club not fully backing him. I think that’s part of Jose’s strength and weakness. He needs to be fully backed by a club when it comes to players. When he was happy united were winning 2 cups in his first season and finishing second in his second season. When he felt like he wasn’t supported this is the result. He’s like having a Roy Keane who is liable to lose the head but you have to just accept the good with the bad. Many people dislike Jose (understandable) so they focus on the drama that surrounds him instead of the success that equally surrounds him.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »

I would be ok with that. You back or sack a manager like Jose, there is no in between with him. I think a happy Jose more often then not equates to success. His career is unquestionable, even his stint at united. Brand of football and media circus is just point scoring noise for fans but doesn’t change the fact that his teams do well when he’s happy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys - this thread is about the match, and not what might happen to managers or indeed players at some future date

I think he'd leave if they didn't. There's only 9 players he signed at the club....that sounds low

Managers don’t sign players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone thinking that this is an easy win for Liverpool is talking nonsense. They are more likely to win than United I'd say, but if they do it will be a close one.

I think a lot of that is for post match ‘sure we knew we’d lose anyway’ or if they win ‘lol we’re this bad and you couldn’t beat us.’

United probably aren’t as bad as their position suggests and only won the league in August 17, the recent Arsenal game showed they’re capable of raising their game, and unless they get a good FA cup run tomorrow and the reverse fixture will be their biggest games this season, given all that I expect they’ll be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He had DDG and Shaw. He bought two centre backs and a RB. He's gotten three midfielders, a winger/second striker and a Striker.

The spine of the team is fine in

DDG, Bailey, Lindelof, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Sanchez and Lukaku. Should that team be performing better than they have so far this season? Without a doubt they should.

Jose keeps chopping and changing his line ups and isn't giving anyone time to build a proper partnership.

If Lindelof and Bailey were given 10 games together they'd develop an understanding of each others games and would probably go a long way to sort out their defensive problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Massive Jose fan, but let's be honest here the players he has signed have been Flops, two of which are centre halves we do badly need. The same defence last season conceded the lowest goals in the league, what's changed since that which had our total conceded last year reached by Nobemeber this year. You talk about Pogs and Lukaku being the spine? They can't even get.in the team

I hope he turns it around, however I just don't see it happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-0 Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I expect a comfortable 1-0 for Liverpool with United creating 1 decent chance the whole game

TitianGerm wrote: »
    He had DDG and Shaw. He bought two centre backs and a RB. He's gotten three midfielders, a winger/second striker and a Striker.

The spine of the team is fine in

DDG, Bailey, Lindelof, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Sanchez and Lukaku. Should that team be performing better than they have so far this season? Without a doubt they should.

Jose keeps chopping and changing his line ups and isn't giving anyone time to build a proper partnership.

If Lindelof and Bailey were given 10 games together they'd develop an understanding of each others games and would probably go a long way to sort out their defensive problems.

He had Shaw? Shaw has only come good the last few months after struggling to overcome a near career ending injury.

And the defensive reinforcements were a youth player not ready and two Players costing a fraction of our rivals comparable players. Cost doesn’t guarantee quality or success but it improves your chances.

Should this squad be doing better? Most definitely, but we all know similar problems existed before Jose arrived and nobody can say with certainty how united decides on which players it will sign so we can’t say with certainty that all players signed were his preferences. There’s more then enough evidence to suggest over the last 6 seasons that the club doesn’t necessarily prioritize first team or manager requirements when signing players.

With regards to chopping and changing his side, it’s true that a consistent team is preferrable. But it’s not like Jose can’t see how beneficial a settled squad is, most of his success had a very consistent lineup. May be that what he says is correct. The quality of the squad isn’t good enough to win leagues or champions leagues, maybe the biggest problem is the managers on field ambitions are not Matched by a club whose owners focus is mainly on the balance sheet as opposed to the pitch.

Massive Jose fan, but let's be honest here the players he has signed have been Flops, two of which are centre halves we do badly need. The same defence last season conceded the lowest goals in the league, what's changed since that which had our total conceded last year reached by Nobemeber this year. You talk about Pogs and Lukaku being the spine? They can't even get.in the team

I hope he turns it around, however I just don't see it happening

Wasn’t Pogba unhappy? Doesn’t he have to change things to make him happy?

It’s funny that nobody seems to connect the start of the teams demise with Pogba and Jose falling out around the Seville game. Total coincidence that pretty much since then the club has floundered and regressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

I haven't forgotten at all just like I haven't forgotten it happening in 14/15 after Liverpool finished second in 13/14.

Your last sentence is nonsense considering how many of your lot thought ye had it won in August last season.

Trophies or not I'd say I'm enjoying our football a lot more than ye lads are watching your team turning into Stoke.

I haven't forgotten at all just like I haven't forgotten it happening in 14/15 after Liverpool finished second in 13/14.

Your last sentence is nonsense considering how many of your lot thought ye had it won in August last season.

Trophies or not I'd say I'm enjoying our football a lot more than ye lads are watching your team turning into Stoke.

Do you look back fondly on the season pool finished 2nd?. I’m Curious if pool fans look back more fondly on that season then united fans who don’t have much fondness for United’s 2nd spot last season. I don’t necessarily look back fondly on united losing the league on the final day of the season to Blackburn or city any more fondly then last season. 2nd is not first no matter how you get there.

db5b73afe45b468f27b8fa203459af5eddc1251b301a695465b66302dec45146.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Personally I look back fondly on that season. It was unexpected. Genuinely I never thought we had it in the bag. Was nervous as hell before the Chelsea game thinking we could really win it all, alas it wasn't to be. But yes it was a rush particularly coming up the stretch. Contrast that with 89 which I still have nightmares of. It's all to do with expectations, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

4-0 Liverpool. Salah to run riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was it not ‘first if you don’t include City’ last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Do you look back fondly on the season pool finished 2nd?. I’m Curious if pool fans look back more fondly on that season then united fans who don’t have much fondness for United’s 2nd spot last season. I don’t necessarily look back fondly on united losing the league on the final day of the season to Blackburn or city any more fondly then last season. 2nd is not first no matter how you get there.

Are you suggesting you can't enjoy supporting your team unless they are winning the league? I might be wrong but I think Ferguson's incredible reign has given Man U fans a sense of entitlement that they're finding it hard to cope with since he left. It's understandable, of course. I'm old enough to remember Liverpool winning everything in sight so the last 30ish years have been tough, some notable exceptions aside. What I have learned is that if you're not winning the league then you enjoy the good football they're playing while you can...it won't last.

And yes I enjoyed 13/14 despite us not winning the league. Maybe the difference is that year we played some fantastic football. Played some crazy kamikaze **** too but we were never boring. I saw Utd a few times last season and it was a grind. I'm not having a go I'm just saying how I felt when watching them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Are you suggesting you can't enjoy supporting your team unless they are winning the league? I might be wrong but I think Ferguson's incredible reign has given Man U fans a sense of entitlement that they're finding it hard to cope with since he left. It's understandable, of course. I'm old enough to remember Liverpool winning everything in sight so the last 30ish years have been tough, some notable exceptions aside. What I have learned is that if you're not winning the league then you enjoy the good football they're playing while you can...it won't last.

And yes I enjoyed 13/14 despite us not winning the league. Maybe the difference is that year we played some fantastic football. Played some crazy kamikaze **** too but we were never boring. I saw Utd a few times last season and it was a grind. I'm not having a go I'm just saying how I felt when watching them.

So true. I still remember heartily laughing at the ridiculously good football when we went 4-0 up on Arsenal. What a buzz. Yes, the Chelsea defeat was a nightmare having been so close, but the football played between then and the previous christmas was amazing. Reinforced my faith in football. I remember the 2013/14 season far more than others, even though we won nothing.

I honestly think Ferguson's amazing success has skewed expectations for Utd's fan base.... much like how I imagine older Liverpool fans than I (say, the fans who would've been in their 20's and 30's in the 70's/80's) would have really struggled with Liverpool's lack of success in the 90's onwards. Younger Liverpool fans may be more philosophical about our lack of success as they've never really experienced it. Just like how very young Utd fans now may not really understand how poorly Utd are playing compared to the Ferguson years.

I was only kidding with the Ricky Bobby Gif, relax the cacks.

I didn’t suggest you can’t enjoy finishing second when it’s exciting and in the middle of it. I was asking if there’s any difference when reflecting back on it a few seasons later. I don’t look back on United’s second finishes under Ferguson with more fondness then last season. I miss Ferguson but not finishing second.

Last season was boring but it felt like progress was being made. I looked beyond the football to see that the club was finally on an upward curve. Finishing second playing entertaining football is grand but I also think finishing second and feeling like the club is on the rise is equally grand. Our club failed to build on it and is rightly paying the price. How would you feel if Liverpool denied klopp the two big signings after a poor league but good CL run? People seem to think that entertaining football is the most valuable method of analyzing progress , sometimes moreso then trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac: I forgot they genuinely used that one!! :D

monkey9 wrote: »

How is it any different from 'we would have won more titles over the years if you take the oil money teams out of it' line which another 'they' were touting in here recently?

It's almost like both set of fans have their fantasists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

monkey9 wrote: »

The use of alternative tables is fairly stupid alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The form book indicates a comfortable Liverpool victory.

I'd love United to have a go. Don't park the bus.... just play with ambition and passion.

Maybe Jose will shock everyone with an attacking line-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Unless Martial is fit I can’t see us causing the Pool defense any problems. Vvd will cope with Rom in his current form easily. Our best chances may come from deadballs

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Unless Martial is fit I can’t see us causing the Pool defense any problems. Vvd will cope with Rom in his current form easily. Our best chances may come from deadballs

Lingard and Rashford need to start. Their pace can cause problems.

Problem is not Rom, it'll be how he sets up that midfield.

Hererra has to start just because he's a bollix against liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Turtyturd wrote: »

Same year as the only for Ramos we would of been European champions :(:(:( heart breaking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Lingard and Rashford need to start. Their pace can cause problems.

Problem is not Rom, it'll be how he sets up that midfield.

Hererra has to start just because he's a bollix against liverpool

I'd expect similar to what played against Fulham. Nothing that happened in champions league Wednesday suggests he should change it up.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd expect similar to what played against Fulham. Nothing that happened in champions league Wednesday suggests he should change it up.

Just need that energy up front, which the two lads provide. Hererra bags of energy as well and can play a pass suddenly keeping the ball moving forward, Matic plays a better game beside him as well.
    Will beess of a task for the forwards to track back as well if Hererra about the llace in mid.
    DDG needs to be on form along with the two CB's.

Dont think we'll win and dont see it any closer to Jose being showed the door. Would love to be wrong on both accounts.

Can actually see him here next year with Jose saying i told you so to Ed. More cash spent on cracks then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm a Liverpool fan but I can only see a dodgy 1-0 to United with Mourinho getting a bit of luck with a misplaced pass by one of our players in the 86th minute and us getting punished for it...

I'd love to hammer them, obviously, but can't see anything other than a Maureen's cup final vibe and them knicking it...

I really hope I'm proven wrong though....

The oul reverse jinx... :P

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm a Liverpool fan but I can only see a dodgy 1-0 to United with Mourinho getting a bit of luck with a misplaced pass by one of our players in the 86th minute and us getting punished for it...

I'd love to hammer them, obviously, but can't see anything other than a Maureen's cup final vibe and them knicking it...

I really hope I'm proven wrong though....

The oul reverse jinx... :P

Both have big defensive worries, ye have the beat CB in the league available. Hopefully Rashfords goes for your right side though in defence. might have some there for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Who is Maureen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I expect a comfortable 1-0 for Liverpool with United creating 1 decent chance the whole game

That one decent chance should be our lot until the new year. I can see it being much worse than 1-0, Jose could be getting his P45 on Monday.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool will play the same game they always do, Jose on the other hand has a big decision tomorrow I think.

He can go to Anfield defensive get a point or steal a win play turret football that will nothing to put off his detractors both Man U and and fans in general.

Or

He can go balls to wall attacking football and try and catch Liverpool on the hop he might win or he might end up getting slaughtered.
    However that might just give Man U fans the kind of attack attack attack that they are crying out for that might give him some breathing room with the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liverpool will play the same game they always do, Jose on the other hand has a big decision tomorrow I think.

He can go to Anfield defensive get a point or steal a win play turret football that will nothing to put off his detractors both Man U and and fans in general.

Or

He can go balls to wall attacking football and try and catch Liverpool on the hop he might win or he might end up getting slaughtered.
    However that might just give Man U the kind of attack attack attack that the fans are crying out for that might give him some breathing room with the fans.

This game will go much the same way united v City went. United look lost in the final third, can't defend at a professional level and are disjointed in midfield. No tactics or gambling will change the outcome. Easy three points for Liverpool to leave us even further adrift in the table with a transfer window coming up I can see Jose going early next week if it's an embarrassing scoreline.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Or

However that might just give Man U fans the kind of attack attack attack that they are crying out for that might give him some breathing room with the fans.

I’ll be as nice as I can. You don’t know much about Jose. Has he ever played possession based attacking football?

He will do what he usually does. Allow the opposition to have the ball and wait for a mistake his team can pounce upon.

He only knows one way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Interesting one, yesterdays man Mourinho against yesterday’s yesterday man Klopp.

0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MaceFace wrote: »
    I’ll be as nice as I can. You don’t know much about Jose. Has he ever played possession based attacking football?

He will do what he usually does. Allow the opposition to have the ball and wait for a mistake his team can pounce upon.

He only knows one way.

His first Chelsea team with Duff and Robben played great attacking football with a big man up front.

There is no reason he can't do the same with these Man U players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement