Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas fire control valve

• 14-12-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I would get one of these. A control valve for a coal effect gas fire. Found one on ebay, not 100% the same but unlikely it would get here before Xmas. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    (sorry if the images are on the big side!)

7QPlu3b.jpg

uSHFejZ.jpg

NuDHYXp.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Daniel??

Are you an Rgi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

gary71 wrote: »
    Are you an Rgi?
    No, Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

emeldc wrote: »
    No, Why?

Because you're about to get a lecture

368100 wrote: »
    Because you're about to get a lecture

Who's Daniel. Would he be able to get me a valve. I've tried loads of places. They all say they'll get back to me but no one has yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

DGOBS wrote: »

Ah that Daniel, LOL. By the looks of things I'd be better off asking him than anyone here anyway :rolleyes:.
    Give me a ball park on what an RGI would charge to take the valve apart and fix it and then put it all back together. It wasn't complicated to take it apart. I turned off the gas first just in case.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Most would charge you €80-100

It may seem easy to take apart and put it back together, but...
    a) how did you test the valve you used to isolate the appliance?
    b) how did you test the valve once you put it back together?
    c) how did you test the soundness of the appliance once is was re-installed?
    d) how did you test the function of the appliance with the flue?

any of the above can lead to a gas leak or CO in your home, and the people who carry out this work carry a range of test equipment and a competency for carrying out those tests to ensure the safety of you and your family.

Lastly, carrying out gas work in Ireland without being registered is illegal, and for good reason, so hence why nobody here is giving your DIY advise to carry out something both illegal and stupid! with as many of those as you like.:rolleyes:

The two RGI men that I called weren't interested in fixing it, just replacing the valve if they can get a valve which at this point seems unlikely. And I could forget about it being done before Xmas. Looks like I'm back on the tools. I'll let you know how I get on. Watch the news at 6 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

What make of fire is it out of?

• Advertisement

emeldc wrote: »
    No, Why?

I haven’t the energy to debate this with you and those like you, I believe in natural selection so I’m tempted to leave this open but from experience it’s always others who tend to pay for mistakes.

So as what you seem to be doing is illegal I’m closeing this, bar humbug.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement