Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from eir

• 14-12-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

My eir broadband & phone contract ended this month. On 6th Nov when I contact Eir I was advised that when switching provider there is no need for the 30 day notification and to contact them when the contract is up and give the UAM number to the new provider. After several attempts to contact eir by phone and calls being disconnected I got through on 10th Dec and  informed eir that I was switching and was advised that all was OK. A few hours later I received an automated call thanking me for choosing Eir and saying that they had attempted to make contact. I've  also posted a switch letter (and have a certificate of posting from the PO) to Switchers team, eir, Floor 2, Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin 8, as per Eirs website instructions. However I have yet to get any correspondence from eir confirming the switch or a return address for equipment. Is there any chance that eir can confirm my choice to switch.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭RobiePAX

If you give your new provider UAN number and your old Landline number then new provider will automatically cancel your Eir service. Because your old landline number carries over, eir automatically terminates the services to which that landline was tied to. In this case broadband and landline bundle.

The only way to confirm it further is to contact Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Logo wrote: »
    My eir broadband & phone contract ended this month. On 6th Nov when I contact Eir I was advised that when switching provider there is no need for the 30 day notification and to contact them when the contract is up and give the UAM number to the new provider. After several attempts to contact eir by phone and calls being disconnected I got through on 10th Dec and  informed eir that I was switching and was advised that all was OK. A few hours later I received an automated call thanking me for choosing Eir and saying that they had attempted to make contact. I've  also posted a switch letter (and have a certificate of posting from the PO) to Switchers team, eir, Floor 2, Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin 8, as per Eirs website instructions. However I have yet to get any correspondence from eir confirming the switch or a return address for equipment. Is there any chance that eir can confirm my choice to switch.

Thanks.
    Hi Logo,

We are sorry to hear you are leaving us.

If you want to DM me the following account details I can, of course, have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks.
    Hi Logo,

If you want to DM me the following account details I can, of course, have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    DM sent. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Thanks.
    Hi Logo,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    DM sent. Thanks
    Seems to be conflicting information here. I was told that I need to give 30 days notice when switching providers. So can somebody please clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi there Glencarraig,

We do require a 30 days notice of cancellation. For more information on this please click here.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Glencarraig it's not conflicting information. There are 2 ways to cancel contract with a broadband provider.
    • 30 Days Notice - you give a 30 days notice usually by calling Eir. After 30 days your broadband service will be ceased.
    • Switching Provider - your new provider can take over the line and cancel your current contract there and then on your behalf. To do this, you must request the new provider to treat the order as a switch, not a new connection. New provider will ask you UAN number and current landline number. They will contact your old provider and cancel your contract with them.

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Glencarraig it's not conflicting information. There are 2 ways to cancel contract with a broadband provider.
    • 30 Days Notice - you give a 30 days notice usually by calling Eir. After 30 days your broadband service will be ceased.

• Switching Provider - your new provider can take over the line and cancel your current contract there and then on your behalf. To do this, you must request the new provider to treat the order as a switch, not a new connection. New provider will ask you UAN number and current landline number. They will contact your old provider and cancel your contract with them.

[*]
    Conflicting given that another customer was told that there was no need to give 30 days notice, Eir customer care staff need retraining.

That given information is correct. The customer care member said that when switching you don't need to provide 30 days notice. That is true. As I said in my previous message there are 2 ways to cancel broadband service with your current provider.

One of which is switching provider. So for example if you are switching from Eir to Vodafone, you simply give vodafone sales team your UAN and landline number. That's it. Your eir contract will be cancelled straight away when vodafone connects the service. No 30 days notice is needed.

Notice is needed when you are cancelling service, and  not switching to any other provider.

RobiePAX wrote: »
    That given information is correct. The customer care member said that when switching you don't need to provide 30 days notice. That is true. As I said in my previous message there are 2 ways to cancel broadband service with your current provider.

One of which is switching provider. So for example if you are switching from Eir to Vodafone, you simply give vodafone sales team your UAN and landline number. That's it. Your eir contract will be cancelled straight away when vodafone connects the service. No 30 days notice is needed.

Notice is needed when you are cancelling service, and  not switching to any other provider.
    Quote from "Kellie" Eir customer service rep. Hi there Glencarraig,

We do require a 30 days notice of cancellation. For more information on this please click here.

~Kellie

That is true. If you wish to cancel all together then you have to give 30 days notice.

If you want to switch to another provider then notice is not needed if you give your new provider your UAN and landline number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement