Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamebore Black Gold 12 g

• 14-12-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anyone got any experience with these? Ive seen some good reviews but also some not so good ones. I think john conroy in laois sells them. I would be using on pigeon and crows. Normally use a 32 number 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

They're a nice shell designed for shooting high birds. I've shot them at crows and they do knock them down. I think there is alot of marketing hype around them.

I can confirm he does have them and they're around €13 a box which is alot for shooting crows and pigeons.

I really think you're only going to get value out of them if you want to shoot really high birds.

If you want to shoot pigeons and crows over decoys your probably best off buying a clay cartridge for €6 a box. That'll do the job aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

Never used them - I wouldn't be spending around €13 a box on cartridges used for pigeons and crows. Too expensive.

I usually use Express Pigeon Power 29g no. 6 or Eley Pigeon Select 30g no. 6.

Both of these can be got for about €6.50 a box when a carton is bought

express-pigeon-power.jpg

images-opqRTD5ANKrtxu4uq-Eley%20Pigeon%20Select.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Use them along with dark storm. Great cartridge. Cilldara hunting also sell them as does mcarthys in prosperous.

Personally perfer fiocchi jk6 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin.d

J.R. wrote:
    Never used them - I wouldn't be spending around €13 a box on cartridges used for pigeons and crows. Too expensive.

13 euro is fairly expensive for decoying alright. But a lot after the ground I'm shooting over the birds are fairly high and I wouldn't take the shot. I might get a slab and see what they are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

eoin.d wrote: »
    13 euro is fairly expensive for decoying alright. But a lot after the ground I'm shooting over the birds are fairly high and I wouldn't take the shot. I might get a slab and see what they are like.

You would get Eley Alphamax 36g no 4 for about €11.50 a box..........very hard hitting cartridge with great range ...but still too expensive for decoying, in my opinion.

For high birds, I use RC Sipe no 4 great hard hitting cartridge.....about €8.50 a box. Good hard hitting cartridge with range.

If using a 3/4 choke the cheaper 30g pigeon loads will drop them out to 35 - 40 yards.

Are you using decoys to get them in nearer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Personally I think that the Gamebore Black Gold cartridges kick like a mule !
    There are much softer recoiling cartridges on the market.
    Try Rio 30grm 6s or GB for that matter. My personal favorite for decoying pigeons(or crows) are Saga trap 7s in fibrewad. €55 a slab.

Advertisement