Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Takes A Village 2019

Options
  • 14-12-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Heading to this for the first time with a large crew after hearing great things last year. First line up announcement is solid if lacking a heavy weight like Young Fathers from last year. Still plenty of time though. Already buzzing for it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

So anyone else going to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Nope as all I want to see is Snapped Ankles. I wish they were playing in town instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thats a nice procurement by ITAV, James Holden & the Animal Spirits.

55514054_2042468965802796_6160395382200205312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fb6085ffc5f995b10949c6ffa179021b&oe=5D4E42E0

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

My first reaction was "Final Announcement - who are they?"

Would actually be a great name for a band doing the festival circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I'll be there!!!

I had an absolute blast last year - I'd call it a "boutique festival" as it isn't packed with people - there were no kids, it was just a fun, easy going environment.

Artists, crew and villagers (those attending) all mingling together in the main square - and apart from the music - the Spoken Word was incredible.

And being able to use the facilities at Trabolgan for activities - especially the heated indoor swimming pool with DJs playing. The beach - sea air, walks. Hearing the birds singing as you're on your way to first sess of the day. Staying in an actual house - sleeping in a real bed and not queueing for a shower - bliss. Popping kettle on to make a cuppa and put my feet up for 30 mins to get away from it all, recharge the batteries and get back out there.
    No wellies as all under cover ……..

It was just such a lovely friendly festival. I cannot wait. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Have not been, but sounds very interesting to me, Its not really about the acts, but more, about the Experience for ma

Just listening to James Holden now I'm kind of amazed I haven't come across him before. Can't wait to see him live now!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

would love to go but can't this year.

holden is amazing - this remix he did over 10 years ago still one of my favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cannot wait for this. It was so so so good last year, and by all accounts last year was just an experiment to see if their idea would work!
    Hopefully they have notched things up a little this year.

Waking up in a bed, and making your own PROPER bloody marys first thing (because you can bring all the spirits you want, and all of your cocktail ingredients, because your car is parked right outside your door!) going to a pool party, going down the waterslide over and over and over, because you can.... all of this in the morning before the music even begins!!

Only one big stage which is set up well, the others are dotted about the place. I really liked the setup they had in the bar (cotters i think), where the stage was basically just in the corner, so the band really get into the action with the crowd. Bitch falcon here last year was savage, maybe only 100 at the set but the energy was amazing....

Raves in the arcades, so much fun. Banging tunes and you worse for wear attempting to play air hockey or sega rally..
    The night finishes like being back in a student village again, ... going door to door to random sessions and usually finding a gem of a spot that will have 50 people bet into the place!! I'm 32 and we didnt feel old, plenty of younger folk at it too who said it didnt feel too much like an older crowd either, just a sound bunch of people.

Jesus just reading back this fair looks like a shill post.... believe me its not. The moment we got the chance we had our accomodation booked for this year, that was well before christmas.

Anyone know how well equipped the houses are e.g. coffee makers etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any reviews?

Probably more like Monday afternoon, evening the reviews will emerge, probably still partying at the moment plus they are all in houses rather than tents.

So, C'mon reports, give them?

So, C'mon reports, give them?

Absolutely savage craic. That's all I can muster for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'm still broken.....James Holden the big highlight for me. Will piece together more in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Absolutely savage craic. That's all I can muster for now.
    RINO87 wrote: »
    I'm still broken.....James Holden the big highlight for me. Will piece together more in time.

Presale tomorrow for mailing list subscribers.

Surely yiz can muster more than the above at this stage?

Ben Done wrote: »
    Presale tomorrow for mailing list subscribers.

Surely yiz can muster more than the above at this stage?

Yeah I suppose I can. Well it was one of the easiest events I've ever been to. Admittedly the hassle around booking houses, collecting cash and people dropping out is a bit of hassle but once you get there it's a dream.

Check in took about 10 mins. We had three houses all next to each other. Houses are standard holiday home, has everything you need.

Music wise the highlights were James Holden, Kojaque, Meltybrains and Le Boom. I was surprised how small the main stage was. Actually when we arrived in the arena on the Friday night there seemed to be hardly anyone around! Didnt really watch any acts on the central stage as it felt like more of a thoroughfare but it was a good place to hang out. The security was v relaxed. You weren't supposed to bring drink in the arena but you were usually just asked to "finish it on the way in". Sometimes they would say nothing at all. Saw no hassle all weekend except one lad on the Sat night who had about three security guards sitting on him for about a half an hour. No idea what he did.

We did the synchronized swimming on the sat which was great craic. Went for a swim in the sea on the Sunday and made a bonfire on the beach on the Sunday night. The rest of the time we were hanging out on the grass in front of the houses which was pretty pleasant with the amazing weather.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Advertisement