Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM did give out my money, bank still debited me.

Options
  • 14-12-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Happened on Thursday. Went to redraw 200 Euros and screen system had a message it could give me the full amount. it gave me 50 and not the full 200

I went to another ATM later and found that 150 is gone from my account.

I went to the shop where the ATM was and told them about the issue. They told me it happened to another lady around the same hour. They put on the machine an out of order sign.

It now 24 hours and still the money has not returned. How long does this take for my money to return or will have to go to the bank to tell them about this error?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

KIERAN1 wrote: »
      Happened on Thursday. Went to redraw 200 Euros and screen system had a message it could give me the full amount. it gave me 50 and not the full 200

I went to another ATM later and found that 150 is gone from my account.

I went to the shop where the ATM was and told them about the issue. They told me it happened to another lady around the same hour. They put on the machine an out of order sign.

It now 24 hours and still the money has not returned. How long does this take for my money to return or will have to go to the bank to tell them about this error?

Hi Kieran1,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. In this instance we would ask that raise this query by logging into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service Desk and Ask a Question and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement