Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4WD Insurance woes.

Options
  • 14-12-2018 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

So my insurance deal that has stood for many years has fallen apart and I am just trying to get insurance for my 4WD so that at least this - my main vehicle is insured. Its not as easy as you would imagine to even get a quote.

Here's the deal;

2018 Landcruiser SWB commercial but taxed as a private vehicle as I don't have any vat No etc. I have valued it at about €35K - it only has 6K Kms on the clock and looks like it left the showroom yesterday. Full no claims (10 years + and no penalty points or previous convictions)

Main problem seem to be my occupation or lack of same - retired Garda. This does not come up on their list as a required occupation and so I don't even get a quote.

My broker is still working on it and my current insurance does not run out until January 15th but for my peace of mind over Christmas and new year I would like to have this sorted before then. Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

Insurance companies have really clamped down on commercial vehicle insurance and the criteria they require for same, with occupation and requirement for commercial vehicle use being one of them. Sorry to say it but unless you are a tradesperson or a farmer for example you have little hope imho

Advertisement