Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intimate venue for 40 people

• 14-12-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am hoping to get married but I want it to be a relaxing wedding , I don't want it to be in a hotel , a meal in a lovely restaurant / pub for a nice meal, probably 40-50 people and a bit of a dance afterwards.
    Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm situated in East Clare but don't mind travelling a bit.
    Thank you,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭fire_man

Moy House near Lahinch?Great venue. Check it out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bunratty Manor or Carrigerry House (sp) should be able to cater for you. Moy House is lovely, Magowna House just outside Ennis is nice as well. Most places would have a small room that they'd rent out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Tubridys in Cooraclare have done a few weddings successfully recently. Plenty rooms there also for accommodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Deagol

Would second Carrygerry House. Friend had a wedding with 50 guests there and it was perfectly sized for that number.

I know it's technically a hotel but I don't think you'll find too many places that aren't hotels that can manage a crowd of 40-50 people for a decent meal without everyone being split up(?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭black & white

Clareman wrote: »
    Bunratty Manor or Carrigerry House (sp) should be able to cater for you. Moy House is lovely, Magowna House just outside Ennis is nice as well. Most places would have a small room that they'd rent out for you.

+ 1 for both of those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement