Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Services withdrawn and all EIR's fault.

• 14-12-2018 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi Eir, my partner and i have been eir customers for over four years on mobile phone bill pay. In june my phone was out of contract so i went on a sim only rolling contract. My partner went on a sim only plan in september when her contract was up, well at least that is what we taught. When we were in the store we cancelled a broadband dongle that we used over the summer, well we thought it was cancelled.

My partner got a new sim number in a packet, her phone was to shut down over the following 48 hours, never happened and still has'nt happened. We have it here, still in wrapper. In October i received a bill which was higher then it should have been. My partner's phone was still on bill pay and the dongle was not cancelled. I got through to customer care eventually and a lady brought down the bill to an estimate of what it should have been, i paid it and she said the dongle would be cancelled.

Roll on November, i received another high bill, at this point i was aware that nothing we asked of and signed up for had not been honoured.

Then i got the text warnings from your collections department that our services will be cancelled if we dont pay said bill which still included the bill pay contract and the dongle. I did try several times to ring customer care and was excruitating with amount of time waiting on the phone and then for the line to go dead.

So on Thursday morning, the killing off of the services started, wifi was blocked and now texting and soon i suppose calls will be blocked.

Remember now that none of this was our fault. We were now being treated as defaulters on our bill when actually the bills were never the right bill in the first place.

I went onto the collections dept, couldnt help me, but bounced me on to customer care, where i waited another 40 minutes when somebody finally answered. i explained to this person what happened, and went through the same procedure yet again where i was told it will be sorted out now, received some credit again for the inconvenience.

But the kicker was i had to pay the remainder there and then before our services were restored, so we were still being treated as defaulters when this mess was eir's fault in the first place. I told the person i will pay the bill which was left, which was about 70 euro when the services were restored. But no, the person kept saying the system says it cant, if you ever saw the Little Britian sketch "Computer says no" similar to that,.

So here we are, no services, customers for over 4 years, always paid our bills, and all eir's fault.

To explain my stance, why should i pay the bill before services were restored when it was your fault. We wanted to be returned to normal status and then i would have paid.

This Christmas, Eir and others will shovel mobile phones out the doors to customers, but there it ends, because customer service is absolutely atrocious with them all.

I did try webchat for the above problem one night, is it India there based, was hilarious trying to explain, i abandoned my effort.
    I await the legal letters now demanding 70 euro, in the meantime ill do an FOI for all my information in relation to this painful experience and look forward to you coming after me for 70 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Maxx355 wrote: »
    Hi Eir, my partner and i have been eir customers for over four years on mobile phone bill pay. In june my phone was out of contract so i went on a sim only rolling contract. My partner went on a sim only plan in september when her contract was up, well at least that is what we taught. When we were in the store we cancelled a broadband dongle that we used over the summer, well we thought it was cancelled.

My partner got a new sim number in a packet, her phone was to shut down over the following 48 hours, never happened and still has'nt happened. We have it here, still in wrapper. In October i received a bill which was higher then it should have been. My partner's phone was still on bill pay and the dongle was not cancelled. I got through to customer care eventually and a lady brought down the bill to an estimate of what it should have been, i paid it and she said the dongle would be cancelled.

Roll on November, i received another high bill, at this point i was aware that nothing we asked of and signed up for had not been honoured.

Then i got the text warnings from your collections department that our services will be cancelled if we dont pay said bill which still included the bill pay contract and the dongle. I did try several times to ring customer care and was excruitating with amount of time waiting on the phone and then for the line to go dead.

So on Thursday morning, the killing off of the services started, wifi was blocked and now texting and soon i suppose calls will be blocked.

Remember now that none of this was our fault. We were now being treated as defaulters on our bill when actually the bills were never the right bill in the first place.

I went onto the collections dept, couldnt help me, but bounced me on to customer care, where i waited another 40 minutes when somebody finally answered. i explained to this person what happened, and went through the same procedure yet again where i was told it will be sorted out now, received some credit again for the inconvenience.

But the kicker was i had to pay the remainder there and then before our services were restored, so we were still being treated as defaulters when this mess was eir's fault in the first place. I told the person i will pay the bill which was left, which was about 70 euro when the services were restored. But no, the person kept saying the system says it cant, if you ever saw the Little Britian sketch "Computer says no" similar to that,.

So here we are, no services, customers for over 4 years, always paid our bills, and all eir's fault.

To explain my stance, why should i pay the bill before services were restored when it was your fault. We wanted to be returned to normal status and then i would have paid.

This Christmas, Eir and others will shovel mobile phones out the doors to customers, but there it ends, because customer service is absolutely atrocious with them all.

I did try webchat for the above problem one night, is it India there based, was hilarious trying to explain, i abandoned my effort.
    I await the legal letters now demanding 70 euro, in the meantime ill do an FOI for all my information in relation to this painful experience and look forward to you coming after me for 70 euro.
    Hi Maxx355, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating.

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Contact Comreg ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

letsgo2018 wrote:
    Contact Comreg ASAP

First thing tomorrow, Eir offered no help whatsoever and missing the whole principle of my argument..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Originally posted by letsgo2018
    Contact Comreg ASAP

First thing tomorrow, Eir offered no help whatsoever and missing the whole principle of my argument..
    make sure you log a complaint with Eir first as comreg may not investigate if you have not attempted resolution with Eir first (you will need a case reference number)

make sure you log a complaint with Eir first as comreg may not investigate if you have not attempted resolution with Eir first (you will need a case reference number)

Will do, thanks for that. Unbelievable way to treat a customer. Ill update here on the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Originally posted by Sour Lemonz

Will do, thanks for that. Unbelievable way to treat a customer. Ill update here on the outcome.
    They are not listening to me either. They cut my service, after a month, when I had paid for three. I probably have a unique circumstance, but they're literally not reading what I write, and just spitting back scripted statements. I'm still waiting on an Eir manager to call me. I doubt they will. I logged a complaint on the Eir website, went to Comreg, and the The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.

They are not listening to me either. They cut my service, after a month, when I had paid for three. I probably have a unique circumstance, but they're literally not reading what I write, and just spitting back scripted statements. I'm still waiting on an Eir manager to call me. I doubt they will. I logged a complaint on the Eir website, went to Comreg, and the The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.
    I have received a new bill today for €374.00 lol. Getting better by the day.

My advice to anyone setting up a direct payment with phone companies, is to cancel the direct debit after the first bill and pay manually from then on, prevents taking money that is not there's. 

Blocked from accessing my account now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I have received a new bill today for €374.00 lol. Getting better by the day.

My advice to anyone setting up a direct payment with phone companies, is to cancel the direct debit after the first bill and pay manually from then on, prevents taking money that is not there's. 
    Hi Maxx355, 

I'm sorry to hear you received a high bill. 

Could you please PM the account details that you sent to my colleague and I will find out why your bill is so high this month? 

Grainne

Could you please PM the account details that you sent to my colleague and I will find out why your bill is so high this month?

Hi Grainne, i appreciate your help, but there is no point, your colleague went through everything for me and told me that my service will not be turned on.

The point i have been making from the start is i should not have been turned off in the first place because it was eir who did not do as what we went into agreement for..the bills are being looked at by eir as if we did not want to pay our bill. There are countless notes on my account where i have tried to sort this, and then to be turned off and services refused until i paid x amount is not right.
    I was not a defaulter in the first place. I have emailed a complaint to eir and when that is unsuccessful it will be onto Comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭corks finest

I left eir years ago,still receiving a bill, albeit a minus 11c one,they are inept

This is the latest bill i have received, this is after having the bill brought back to 70 Euro last week after talking to customer care but refused to turn me on until i paid. I will pay what i really owe when returned to normal status..

Your new eir bill is now available to view at my eir.

Your bill amount is € 364.83

Once you login to my eir, you can view and download a PDF of your bill, pay a bill and much more.

If you are set up for Direct Debit we will automatically take your payment. If not, you can set up Direct Debit at any time in my eir.

It is unbelievable.

I left eir years ago,still receiving a bill, albeit a minus 11c one,they are inept

Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Originally posted by eir: Grainne

Originally posted by eir: Grainne

Hi Grainne, i appreciate your help, but there is no point, your colleague went through everything for me and told me that my service will not be turned on.

The point i have been making from the start is i should not have been turned off in the first place because it was eir who did not do as what we went into agreement for..the bills are being looked at by eir as if we did not want to pay our bill. There are countless notes on my account where i have tried to sort this, and then to be turned off and services refused until i paid x amount is not right.
    I was not a defaulter in the first place. I have emailed a complaint to eir and when that is unsuccessful it will be onto Comreg.
    Hi Maxx355, 

I'm sorry that you feel this way. 

If you want me to investigate this further I will be happy to once you send me on your details

Grainne

Advertisement