Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update before IVF. Amh of 7.2

• 14-12-2018 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

So we have been trying for years. I'm 36 and husband 38. Had bloods taken, hsg, internal scan. Bloods etc and himself had semen analysis.

All was fine bar my amh result which was 7.2.

Because of my age and that level... My consulatant advised ivf.

I'm just worried and nervous about it all.

Consultant thinks we have a good chance but I'm afraid I guess

Has anyone got pregnant with amh of 7.2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

So we have been trying for years. I'm 36 and husband 38. Had bloods taken, hsg, internal scan. Bloods etc and himself had semen analysis.

All was fine bar my amh result which was 7.2.

Because of my age and that level... My consulatant advised ivf.

I'm just worried and nervous about it all.

Consultant thinks we have a good chance but I'm afraid I guess

Has anyone got pregnant with amh of 7.2

I have no personal experience, but have heard of many success stories with similar levels.

Best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Do you know if you are ovulating each month? I recommend temping and taking a chart. I got pregnant with twins naturally with an amh of 1.0. I had polyps removed in preparation for ivf and got pregnant on next cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

I am ovulating each month yes. Because of my age (36 and half!) And the 7.2 amh level and the fact we have been trying for years and years. The consultant thought it be best to try ivf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

If you are ovulating each month then the low amh isn’t the cause of the issues. But since you’ve been trying for years it’s ptobablt a good idea to go for the ivf. Good luck with it!

Advertisement