Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone for work, phone for personal, how?

• 15-12-2018 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Going in circles on the inter webs and need help.

My brother has an iPhone which is his personal phone but all his work contacts/clients also contact him on this number. Calls, messages, emails. I also have an iPhone.

We work together and the objective is to each have our personal phones for 100% personal use and to have a third 'business' phone that I take during the weekend giving him a break, and he has it during the week. Someone is always carrying the extra business phone.

Given the number of contacts who have his number and email, it seems best to nominate his current phone as the business phone and he buys a new phone and gets a new number. Then, only friends and family can contact him and he gets a break when I have the work phone.

So, imagine he buys a new phone and gets his new number. His Apple ID is operating on the original phone. From the bits I've read and Apple official line, in short, the advice is to not have more than one Apple ID.

I'm trying to read about having different accounts under your apple ID but I don't understand it yet. I think I'm even confusing myself thinking about it now.

Can you see what I'm trying to achieve? Please, I'll answer any questions and take any advice. He's quite burnt out and I don't want to start a new business year like this. I just want to be able to shoulder some of the communication and when he's off, he really is off and can have some peace.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Two apple ids are a problem on one device or you hope to merge them in the future. On two devices where it’s not a problem.

You can also have one Apple ID on multiple devices.

The problem might be with the email. Is he usung the Apple ID as an email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Two apple ids are a problem on one device or you hope to merge them in the future. On two devices where it’s not a problem.

You can also have one Apple ID on multiple devices.

The problem might be with the email. Is he usung the Apple ID as an email?

He has a gmail account that he has added to the mail app. Don’t think he uses any @icloud account. Hope that answers your question. Oh, think I understand. What is his email for his Apple ID? I imagine it’s his gmail but don’t know right now.

Advertisement