Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway homeless man

Options
  • 15-12-2018 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question and when answered by somebody still in the city, it can be closed. It's not meant as a discussion about the poor fella.

I was just wondering if the man who walked around the city all day talking to himself is still around. I was back in Galway in May and didn't see him. I just thought about him and realized I didn't see him. I hope he's ok. He seemed young enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Just a quick question and when answered by somebody still in the city, it can be closed. It's not meant as a discussion about the poor fella.

I was just wondering if the man who walked around the city all day talking to himself is still around. I was back in Galway in May and didn't see him. I just thought about him and realized I didn't see him. I hope he's ok. He seemed young enough.

Not being smart but unfortunately there’s a few different people fitting this description in most medium sized towns or cities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

If you were more specific I might know. What age man would he be?

There’s a few men around galway like this at the moment, mainly auld lads heavy on the gargle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Sorry. This lad wasn't drunk.

The story years ago was that he was French and drugs had messed him up. You'd see him from sunrise to sunset walking around the city talking to himself waving his hands about. Wouldn't hurt a fly and was in his own world. Wouldn't talk to people, he wouldn't make eye contact at all, always just talking to himself.

Skinny lad, long black hair that was usually tied up, tended to wear a beanie hat.

I left the city at the beginning of 2012. There weren't too many lads walking around the city all day talking to themselves. There were the ones drinking cans shouting but the lad I'm talking about wasn't shouting at anybody. He was in his own world.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I know who you mean.

I haven't seen him for several years, at least. Don't know why though: hopefully he sorted his head out.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Galways own Eagle Eye Cherry lookalike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

The chap you described is very similar to a homeless chap in Killarney. He's also French, would be seen walking around talking to himself and keeps to himself mostly. He doesn't have long black hair, it's just above shoulder length and he has a beard some times. We got chatting to him one time, he used to hang around where I worked and the boss offered him tea and food one day and he came up every now and again.

Quiet man, only spoke to the boss when he was in but seemed nice. If it's the same guy, he's still around Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Thanks for the updates. I hope he's alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As we generally uncomfortable with discussion of private individuals I am closing this.
    Hope your question was answered OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement