Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is now only 82% Native Irish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think it's time we started doing IP checks on posters properly.

Because this site is importing the same nationalist bull**** that propagated brexit.

We can't have that I'll informed factless arguments start here. This isn't storm front.

Yes there are Irish posters here with a distinct lack of grasp on reality but there is a bunch of suspiciously new posters account's that appeared in the last twelve months that only ever appear in the same few threads.

Its obvious there is something up.

And a widespread issue with Irish immigration isn't it. We have one of the most hard immigration systems in Europe with direct provision and the notion that immigrants are coming here to suck off our welfare in there hundreds of thousands is idiotic and baseless.

This isn't an option or a feeling thing it's driven by waffle, Facebook style . Those that engage in it have a narrow agenda and is argue that there are forces at play here trying to push discontent.

Il be of course attacked for this by the usual same few that will claim their free speech about immigration is being surpressed....but by who ? You start these stupid threads every day . No one is stopping you. Your just being called out and responded to for having stupid opinion but your allowed have it freely. So pretending that your being surpressed is laughable.

The site needs to start doing proper validation of new accounts their locations and multi user posting . Its far too suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

listermint wrote: »

Because this site is importing the same nationalist bull**** that propagated brexit.

We can't have that I'll informed factless arguments start here. This isn't storm front.

Yes there are Irish posters here with a distinct lack of grasp on reality but there is a bunch of suspiciously new posters account's that appeared in the last twelve months that only ever appear in the same few threads.

And a widespread issue with Irish immigration isn't it. We have one of the most hard immigration systems in Europe with direct provision and the notion that immigrants are coming here to suck off our welfare in there hundreds of thousands is idiotic and baseless.

This isn't an option or a feeling thing it's driven by waffle, Facebook style . Those that engage in it have a narrow agenda and is argue that there are forces at play here trying to push discontent.

Il be of course attacked for this by the usual same few that will claim their free speech about immigration is being surpressed....but by who ? You start these stupid threads every day . No one is stopping you. Your just being called out and responded to for having stupid opinion but your allowed have it freely. So pretending that your being surpressed is laughable.

The site needs to start doing proper validation of new accounts their locations and multi user posting . Its far too suspicious

Thinly veiled "ban everybody I don't agree with".

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Tinfoil hat stuff... Are you upset that boards is no longer an echo chamber?

DS86DS wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "ban everybody I don't agree with".

No they should ban factless arguments though.

Not this I feel there is people taking my job my welfare and my hospital beds.
    Its hilarious anyone and I mean anyone that thinks that is a dullard and needs to go back to school or pick up a book.

But I see you played the suppression card. Who's ever stopped you expressing your opinion no matter how nonsensical it is ?

How do you feel so suppressed? Does it follow you around daily ? You having to be 'so pc'

Echo chamber of what ?

Irish people having the chats and the crack ?

Not blaming irish problems on non Irish?

Yes I am. Its gone to the dogs actually.

And the dogs are hunting powered by wilful ignorance.

The stuff on here is akin to the crap on Facebook about vaccinations and flat earth.

You'd have to squint your eyes at some of the ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Its hilarious anyone and I mean anyone that thinks that is a dullard and needs to go back to school or pick up a book.

But I see you played the suppression card. Who's ever stopped you expressing your opinion no matter how nonsensical it is ?

How do you feel so suppressed? Does it follow you around daily ? You having to be 'so pc'

Why don't you challenge with facts then, instead of throwing your toys out of the pram ?

And what makes you the arbiter of what constitutes 'factless arguments'?

The sanctimonious nature of your posts is suffocating.

Why don't you challenge with facts then, instead of throwing your toys out of the pram ?

Challenge what with facts ?

You start by bringing facts into the argument rather than your nonsense feelings of angst about immigrants. Its up to you to support your argument. Own it .

Own your subject matter . Stop being baseless.

And stop claiming your being suppressed.

Its wingey

And what makes you the arbiter of what constitutes 'factless arguments'?

The sanctimonious nature of your posts is suffocating.

Erm because it's factless.

In this new world of my opinion counts it seems that opinion trumps verifiable fact doesn't it.

And ye types call other people snowflakes..

Laughed at.!

Challenge what with facts ?

You start by bringing facts into the argument rather than your nonsense feelings of angst about immigrants. Its up to you to support your argument. Own it .

Own your subject matter . Stop being baseless.

And stop claiming your being suppressed.

Its wingey

I didn't make any such claim.

Stop being baseless etc etc

By all means take me on if you wish. First though, please do the basic courtesy of reading my posts. Plenty facts and figures there, and I did the sums for you !

• Advertisement

I didn't make any such claim.

Stop being baseless etc etc

Am I suppressing you ?

Do you feel surpress for harbouring opinions about the bad immigrants coming over here doing all that bad stuff. You know the stuff with the simultaneous taking of the jobs and claiming all that welfare and hospital bells ?

Are the lefty pc snowflakes making you feel like you can't give out about others for your perceived problems.

Awwwe

Interesting your post Background and profile fits right into what I said and you came here and responded.

Hmmmm

Erm because it's factless.

In this new world of my opinion counts it seems that opinion trumps verifiable fact doesn't it.

And ye types call other people snowflakes..

Laughed at.!

You're type on the political spectrum is of the opinion that anything right-of-centre such as conservatism, nationalism, traditionalism and patriotism is so morally repugnant, that it's followers must be paranoid idiots.

Don't try and pass off your opinion as if it were some force of nature, as opposed to it been your opinion and nothing more.

Just because somebody is right-of-centre, doesn't mean they don't have valid points just because you either refuse or don't want to believe it.

Am I suppressing you ?

No. How could you ?
    Do you feel surpress for harbouring opinions about the bad immigrants coming over here doing all that bad stuff. You know the stuff with the simultaneous taking of the jobs and claiming all that welfare and hospital bells ?

No.
    Are the lefty pc snowflakes making you feel like you can't give out about others for your perceived problems.

Awwwe

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

It is good. Ireland will be less americanized with less degeneracy and more conservative.

Interesting your post Background and profile fits right into what I said and you came here and responded.

Hmmmm

I don't need to pass any of your creepy profiling tests to post, do I ?

You're the one who's crawling in shouting the odds.

I've been posting here throughout the night.

You're type on the political spectrum is of the opinion that anything right-of-centre such as conservatism, nationalism, traditionalism and patriotism is so morally repugnant, that it's followers must be paranoid idiots.

Don't try and pass off your opinion as if it were some force of nature, as opposed to it been your opinion and nothing more.

Just because somebody is right-of-centre, doesn't mean they don't have valid points just because you either refuse or don't want to believe it.

No no no no no

Do not conflate conservatism with right wing ideology.

See it's you that is using that argument. You that wants to push traditional center values into the left or ultra left.

No one attacks conservative values . You attack centerist values and push them further left to insure you can drag right wing ideology into what formerly constituted conservative values

Don't worry i see what you are at.

Traditional conservative values are fine by me and by anyone really. But this new face of right wing vilification of minorities or the other is not conservative. Don't pretend it ever was and don't pretend you are being victimised for being conservative.

Opaque.

Purely opaque

I don't need to pass any of your creepy profiling tests to post, do I ?

You're the one who's crawling in shouting the odds.

I've been posting here throughout the night.

Yes and for the past year with right wing agenda being an mo.

Let me guess your a traditional conservative... Being surpressed by a new left....
    Right ?

And boards never lets you speak your traditional conservative mind ...

Yes and for the past year with right wing agenda being an mo.

Let me guess your a traditional conservative... Being surpressed by a new left....
    Right ?

And boards never lets you speak your traditional conservative mind ...

I'm not moaning about being suppressed.

You're moaning about people not being suppressed enough.

And you're inebriated.

I'm not moaning about being suppressed.

You're moaning about people not being suppressed enough.

And you're inebriated.

Afraid not friend.

I drink rarely and sparsely.

I'm up early because I have a child. But I noticed another of those threads where we blame the 'others' for all our lives ills and our own inadequacies.

And then claim suppression it's a carbon copy thread.

Conservative is not a banner hide all place for this view. This is not conservative views. There are those that would try to hijack that political sphere to make it so . But they should and are being called out

• Advertisement

But they should and are being called out

But not with fact-based arguments, alas.

It's made ten times worse by the fact that this is a thread about demographics, so the facts and figures are there.

Inconveniently for some, they show the fact of mass-immigration.

Now, do you have any fact-based arguments ?

But not with fact-based arguments, alas.

It's made ten times worse by the fact that this is a thread about demographics, so the facts and figures are there.

Inconveniently for some, they show the fact of mass-immigration.

Now, do you have any fact-based arguments ?

This is you

https://goo.gl/images/8s2Fhp

Right now.

Smile and own it. Your the lady with the spoon.

82 percent is in the thread title. Not sure you understand overall majority's much..

This is you

https://goo.gl/images/8s2Fhp

Right now.

Smile and own it. Your the lady with the spoon

So you don't have any fact-based argument then.

Maybe hand the keyboard over to the child ?

We might get more sense from that quarter.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

We had this discussion last year. Most of the posts in this thread are pro immigration and got the most thanks which pleases me, so why on earth did we land at the results we did in this shocking poll?

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

YES - 24%
    NO - 76%

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=29313

I hope that's a not a true reflection of what Irish people really think, disturbing really.

82 percent is in the thread title. Not sure you understand overall majority's much..

I know the difference between a society and an election. Do you ?

We had this discussion last year. Most of the posts in this thread are pro immigration and got the most thanks which pleases me, so why on earth did we land at the results we did in this shocking poll?

YES - 24%
    NO - 76%

I hope that's a not a true reflection of what Irish people really think, disturbing really.

Thomas, do you comprehend the difference between being pro-immigration and anti mass-immigration ?

• Advertisement

So you don't have any fact-based argument then.

Maybe hand the keyboard over to the child ?

We might get more sense from that quarter.

No son.

You don't

I understand how seductive it is to blame your life's problems on others. And how being contrary to what you perceive to be establishment views is a nice thing to latch on to.

But you have to focus. There is no other . There is no one stealing from you and yours . Your problems are your own to solve.

You are not being conservative for holding xenophobic notions. You are just holding xenophobic notions.

Il teach my child the same. Hopefully he told can actually grow up to look after himself and not blame life decisions in some phantom grouping.

Get some sleep sonser. I suspect you lack it.

THE GOVERNMENT IS introducing a scheme that will offer a pathway for “undocumented” non-EU nationals living in Ireland to stay here.

The trial scheme is opened from today through the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and lasts for three months.

The scheme is open to non-EU nationals who came to Ireland to study between January 2005 and December 2010 but who remain here and have no immigration permission.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/immigration-student-visas-4285839-Oct2018/

It is very important to establish the rates of immigration that a country can run and successfully integrate the new arrivals in terms of employment prospects, social cohesion etc. Unless of course you think there should be no limit to the rates and are totally fine with becoming a minority.

Labelling this kind of suggestion and debate as 'racism' and 'far right' really doesnt do your cause any good.

YES - 24%
    NO - 76%

There are plenty of registered users on here that are afraid to chime in with their opinion for fear of being shouted down or called racist, some also may not be confident enough to articulate their opinion.

That poll gives them an outlet and of course it reflects reality, like seriously why would anybody be ok with white people becoming a minority.

Feel free to let me know of any examples of black majority countries you would be ok living in.

I know ill be called racist here but are there any countries in the world with a black majority that are actually functioning well and doing good economically?

You could have that poll in any other Western country and you will get similar result.

No son.

You don't

I understand how seductive it is to blame your life's problems on others. And how being contrary to what you perceive to be establishment views is a nice thing to latch on to.

But you have to focus. There is no other . There is no one stealing from you and yours . Your problems are your own to solve.

You are not being conservative for holding xenophobic notions. You are just holding xenophobic notions.

Il teach my child the same. Hopefully he told can actually grow up to look after himself and not blame life decisions in some phantom grouping.

All of this is just ad hominem claptrap.

litermint

You're constant attempts at trying to divide the right won't work. Just how is wanting to preserve a nation's traditions, people and customs not conservative?

You are also trying to imply that real conservatives should be open borders liberals just like those on the left in order to be true conservatives.

In order words failing to conserve the traditional society.

You are making absolutely no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

YES - 24%
    NO - 76%

These people had the privilege of growing up in a 100% white and mostly catholic country. Ask a afrikaner if he likes to be a minority, or ask a coptic in Egypt.

litermint

You're constant attempts at trying to divide the right won't work. Just how is wanting to preserve a nation's traditions, people and customs not conservative?

You are also trying to imply that real conservatives should be open borders liberals just like those on the left in order to be true conservatives.

Youre not a conservative.

Stop trying to stick xenophobic values in with conservatism

And stop trying to put words in my mouth about open borders.

Right wing isn't conservative no matter how much you wish it to be your views aren't mainstream. But you are pushing to make it so.

Xenophobia is not conservative you are not conservative you are not mainstream.

You are not conservative nor is this view point.

There is no others. If you are having problems in your day to day then be a traditional conservative and own them and work your own way out of them. That's conservative values.

All of this is just ad hominem claptrap.

Hitting home now is it ...

I'm glad.

stop trying to put words in my mouth

Let's hope you can 'own' your double-standard on this point.

Hitting home now is it ...
    I'm glad.

A kid would just as likely pick up that impotent spite of yours, quicker than your supercilious moralising.

C'est la vie.

All that hits home is that you have no fact-based arguments, despite your tantrum demand for them earlier.

The kid will probably learn as much of that impotent spite of yours, as from your supercilious speech-making.

Poor kid. C'est la vie.

All that hits home is that you have no fact-based arguments, despite your tantrum demand for them earlier.

Yes about as much fact as those immigrants taking food out if your mouth I suppose... And taking your welfare and houses oh and yeah dem jobs and dem women.

Arrrggghh angry.

Facts.... As much fact as one's own internal reality.

Yes about as much fact as those immigrants taking food out if your mouth I suppose... And taking your welfare and houses oh and yeah dem jobs and dem women.

Arrrggghh angry.

You're just rambling now, why dont you try counter the poster with a decent argument.

Right wing isn't conservative no matter how much you wish it to be your views aren't mainstream. But you are pushing to make it so.

There is no others. If you are having problems in your day to day then be a traditional conservative and own them and work your own way out of them. That's conservative values.

Anybody who opposes mass immigration and open borders is referred to by you and your ilk as xenophobic. You are getting too predictable.

And the rest of your post is again.... nonsense. If it's not the case that those advocating against open borders are not conservative, then why is that the people and parties advocating against mass immigration and destructive change are conservative, be it in Italy or Hungary or America?

You have no idea what conservatism is. If somebody is an advocate of mass immigration then they are not conservative. They are globalists, and no different from open borders liberals.

Arrrggghh angry.

Well the fact is that I never claimed anyone to be taking food out of my mouth.

The fact is also that I own my own home.

The fact is also that I am not on welfare.

Last but not least, and I saved the best for last - the fact is that my wife is an immigrant !

Nie ma za co !

Anybody who opposes mass immigration and open borders is referred to by you and your ilk as xenophobic. You are getting too predictable.

And the rest of your post is again.... nonsense. If it's not the case that those advocating against open borders are not conservative, then why is that the people and parties advocating against mass immigration and destructive change are conservative, be it in Italy or Hungary or America?

You have no idea what conservatism is. If somebody is an advocate of mass immigration then they are not conservative. They are globalists, and no different from open borders liberals.

That poster is obviously under the influence.

• Advertisement

You're just rambling now, why dont you try counter the poster with a decent argument.

Counter what argument..
    He isn't making any.

There is some grouping of others taking his life away.

Yes I get it.

If it wasn't for those others.... Whoever they are he'd have a great job large house sexy wife and loads of money

Its them... Not him ...

#imreallyjustaconservativeitsgotnothingtodowithmypersonalresponsibility

Give over lads. Own your own life's will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Echo chamber of what ?

Irish people having the chats and the crack ?

Not blaming irish problems on non Irish?

Yes I am. Its gone to the dogs actually.

And the dogs are hunting powered by wilful ignorance.

The stuff on here is akin to the crap on Facebook about vaccinations and flat earth.

You'd have to squint your eyes at some of the ****e.

Saying that mass immigration isn’t a thing, that Irish people don’t exist, that mass immigration should not be discussed and doesn’t place any burdens on infrastructure, that’s flat earth stuff right there. Don’t believe your lying eyes.

Well the fact is that I never claimed anyone to be taking food out of my mouth.

The fact is also that I own my own home.

The fact is also that I am not on welfare.

Last but not least, and I saved the best for last - the fact is that my wife is an immigrant !

Nie ma za co !

Ah the oul my wife is an immigrant.

But she's not that type of immigrant.

Youre like a playbook. Its great.

vladmydad wrote: »
    Saying that mass immigration isn’t a thing, that Irish people don’t exist, that mass immigration should not be discussed and doesn’t place any burdens on infrastructure, that’s flat earth stuff right there. Don’t believe your lying eyes.

Irish people don't exist ?

Infrastructure?

You are aware all of our immigration powers the economy and pays for infrastructure right.

Enough of your dancing around the subject lads . I'm racist I'd prefer Ireland to be true green o Neills and Murphy's.

If it wasn't for these foreigners I could..... Insert outlandish claim here.

Oh yeah and I'm surpressed you lot won't let me hold racist views. Booooo me.

Boo urns.

Ready for tirade....

If it wasn't for those others.... Whoever they are he'd have a great job large house sexy wife and loads of money

I have all those things.

I have all those things.

That's your best lie to date

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

litermint

I think you’ll find very few conservative party’s in favor of mass immigration

You really believe all people concerned about mass migration are some sort of basement dwelling sub humans?

There is a wake up call coming for you and people like you, the next few years will be interesting.

Would you like to 'own' that statement, with some fact or evidence to the contrary?

• Advertisement

Who said anything about mass immigration?

You lads did. you lads talked about open borders I didn't

Again your conflating stuff to fill the void of your own inadequacies

Get out there yourselfs and solve your own problems

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement