Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland is now only 82% Native Irish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would you like to 'own' that statement, with some fact or evidence to the contrary?

Would you....

Your a xenophobe who's married to a polish wife and hold anti eastern European views on Irish immigration.

Yeah.
    .ok

Oh and you have a big house and a great job and lots of money too

Asylum is open early today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

listermint wrote: »
    Who said anything about mass immigration?

You lads did. you lads talked about open borders I didn't

Again your conflating stuff to fill the void of your own inadequacies

Get out there yourselfs and solve your own problems

You do the same with mindless condescending soundbites.

You do the same with mindless condescending soundbites.

Oh its meant to sound condescending because like children you won't own your own ****.

When your caught you point he finger of blame at others. Anyone you feel is lesser than you can take the blame for the failings

Conservative my arse. You wouldn't know what conservative views and hard work were if hit hit you in the head.

Xenophobia is plain to see. Just own it fellas come out and say it .. insert group ... Are lesser than me and they are causing all the problems.

Boo hoo winge winge

You think this crap is new . As I already pointed out the Irish got the same treatment the world over not more than hundred years ago

Rinse and repeat. Your not cracking the code here your just bringing up age old arguments of the others taking from you.

Smile. .... The camera has you

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

The vast majority of Irish people are against the ridiculous asylum scam that is making millions for the legal sector in appeals. They are against mass immigration but none of the main parties will articulate these policies because they are under pressure from Europe. A TD from a major party told me, around the time of the Casey issue, that fear of PC is another major obstacle for many TDS sticking their necks out on these issues.

listermint, please never change. This is hilarious.

• Advertisement

Oh its meant to sound condescending because like children you won't own your own ****.

When your caught you point he finger of blame at others. Anyone you feel is lesser than you can take the blame for the failings

Conservative my arse. You wouldn't know what conservative views and hard work were if hit hit you in the head.

Xenophobia is plain to see. Just own it fellas come out and say it .. insert group ... Are lesser than me and they are causing all the problems.

Boo hoo winge winge

You think this crap is new . As I already pointed out the Irish got the same treatment the world over not more than hundred years ago

Rinse and repeat. Your not cracking the code here your just bringing up age old arguments of the others taking from you.

Smile. .... The camera has you

You're the only one here boo hooing and losing control.

vladmydad wrote: »
    The vast majority of Irish people are against the ridiculous asylum scam that is making millions for the legal sector in appeals. They are against mass immigration but none of the main parties will articulate these policies because they are under pressure from Europe. A TD from a major party told me, around the time of the Casey issue, that fear of PC is another major obstacle for many TDS sticking their necks out on these issues.

What scam is that . You should bring it to the papers.

Oh what no the papers want to subvert he facts. They're in on it too.

'The man'. Its the man isn't it ?

What scam is that . You should bring it to the papers.

Oh what no the papers want to subvert he facts. They're in on it too.

'The man'. Its the man isn't it ?

Are you drunk

You're the only one here boo hooing and losing control.

Ha ha , losing control ?

Drunk was it ?

When someone hits home with you , you change tack and pretend as if theyre out of control.

Must be painful to realise that perhaps your the captain of your own destiny and no foreigner has put you where you are today.

Have you considered if you were so dam successful you wouldn't have the time to be on boards holding these views.

I own my place in life. Own yours.

Are you drunk

No lefty already tried that one .

Are you lads sharing account's?

Because you have an awful tendancy to appear at similar times and use the same deflection tactics

Odd

• Advertisement

Ha ha , losing control ?

Drunk was it ?

When someone hits home with you , you change tack and pretend as if theyre out of control.

Must be painful to realise that perhaps your the captain of your own destiny and no foreigner has put you where you are today.

Have you considered if you were so dam successful you wouldn't have the time to be on boards holding these views.

I own my place in life. Own yours.

I have the time because I am on holidays from my well-paid job.

If I had to guess, where I am today is better-off than you are. You sound like you're under pressure there.

No lefty already tried that one .

Are you lads sharing account's?

Because you have an awful tendancy to appear at similar times and use the same deflection tactics

Odd

Paranoia.

I have the time because I am on holidays from my well-paid job.

You sound like you're under pressure there.

And your gorgeous foreign wife ..and big house

Ya heard it all.

My wife is polish but I hate polish immigration..

Do you write this stuff yourself or just pop it off the oul Facebook feed

Paranoia.

A wee bit like paranoia of the foreigners aye

Lol

Oh wait sorry your wife is 'polish'

Yeah know you love them

You ever notice how the asylum centers never go into leafy D4 areas

And your gorgeous foreign wife ..and big house

Ya heard it all.

My wife is polish but I hate polish immigration..

Do you write this stuff yourself or just pop it off the oul Facebook feed

No, you fabricate it for me.

If you would like to throw up a link to where I said such a ridiculous thing, by all means do...

I'm waiting.

You ever notice how posters have only around 250 posts in the space of two year's

Suspiciously all about certain subjects.

Hmmm it's almost like a secondary sleeper account used to conflate an argument...

No, you fabricate it for me.

If you would like to throw up a link to where I said such a ridiculous thing, by all means do...

I'm waiting.

No regale is with tales of how eastern European immigration is a fault in Ireland and how your married to a polish women .

Oh and you have a big house and a great job and lots of money.

Oh and that it's likely that someone had all those things and a polish wife and still doesn't like foreigners.

Regale us

You ever notice how posters have only around 250 posts in the space of two year's

Hmmm it's almost like a secondary sleeper account used to conflate an argument...

Please, invite the mods to confirm your paranoia.

Please, invite the mods to confirm your paranoia.

That was directed at another poster why would it bother you.

Do you have multiple accounts?

Do you not find it odd that an account has sparce posts in large time scales but all on singular subjects usually to do with right wing views....

No

Just me so

• Advertisement

Noregale is with tales of how eastern European immigration is a fault in Ireland

You made that accusation.

Now back it up.

'Own it' as you might say. Get on with it.

That was directed at another poster why would it bother you.

Do you have multiple accounts?

Do you not find it odd that an account has sparce posts in large time scales but all on singular subjects usually to do with right wing views....

No

Just me so

No, I don't have multiple accounts.

Waiting...

listermint reported for constantly accusing people of multiple accounts.

You made that accusation.

Now back it up.

'Own it' as you might say. Get on with it.

Why , you've. Been very very careful to trim the edge of the subject matter yourself. Whilst thanking posts that get to the core of it

You own what you do. And stop skirting the issue.

Friend.

listermint reported for constantly accusing people of multiple accounts.

Ads be Google

Never change.

Jump in there and engage the subject matter instead of reporting people for nonsense. Just so you can get your 'side' to continue on unabated

It’s the Russians I tells yah

Why , you've. Been very very careful to trim the edge of the subject matter yourself. Whilst thanking posts that get to the core of it

You own what you do. And stop skirting the issue.

Friend.

So I didn't actually post any such view about Eastern European immigration being a fault in Ireland ?

And you are just just fabricating that out of spite ?

Grand.

So I didn't actually post any such view about Eastern European immigration being a fault in Ireland ?

And you are just just fabricating that out of spite ?

Grand.

Spite ?

No your careful. I think you mark your words but you thank posts with the view of immigrantion being a fault.

I get what you do. Its hard to go rooting for thanks but posts are found easily.

Just come out with your view point rather than pretending you don't have one.

• Advertisement

It’s the Russians I tells yah

Russians ? Not we've enough Irish people playing around with accounts as it is.

Spite ?

No your careful. I think you mark your words but you thank posts with the view of immigrantion being a fault.

I get what you do. Its hard to go rooting for thanks but posts are found easily.

Just come out with your view point rather than pretending you don't have one.

If that's your point, then you should have come on and made it.

Instead of talking in circles, attributing statements to me that I didn't make, and 'owning' this and 'owning' that.

I did come out with my view point, since you're such a great researcher you'll be able to find it.

If that's your point, then you should have come on and made it.

Instead of talking in circles, attributing statements to me that I didn't make, and 'owning' this and 'owning' that.

So you agree that you aren't willing to speak your mind for fear of it sticking to your username then.

Grand

Settled so. At least we know where we stand

Ads be Google

Never change.

Jump in there and engage the subject matter instead of reporting people for nonsense. Just so you can get your 'side' to continue on unabated

My "side"? Paranoid old loon.

I'm not in the mood to engage with you mid-mental breakdown, listermint. While it's genuinely funny to see your hysteria-driven accusations whilst calling for fact-based debate, it's not so fun actually trying to debate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

You really believe all people concerned about mass migration are some sort of basement dwelling sub humans?

There is a wake up call coming for you and people like you, the next few years will be interesting.

His ilk are mortified that the peasants are revolting.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. They were supposed to be good little peasants who didn't care that their and their families lives had been ruined.....and just let the Uber-cool Hipster lefties bask in the glory of the new multicultural Ireland while drinking their organic milk latte at the local Indonesian themed cafe.

So you agree that you aren't willing to speak your mind for fear of it sticking to your username then.

Grand

Settled so. At least we know where we stand

I did speak my mind.

What the actual f my username has to do with any of this, I have no idea.

• Advertisement

My "side"? Paranoid old loon.

I'm not in the mood to engage with you mid-mental breakdown, listermint. While it's genuinely funny to see your hysteria-driven accusations while calling for fact-based debate, it's not so fun actually trying to debate you.

Debate ? I've yet to see anyone debate. You can't debate with hyperbole about foreigners both taking all our jobs and also leeching the welfare system.

Its erm.... Paradoxical

I did speak my mind.

We know where we stand.

So grand.

I'm grand .

Your grand.

Grand

Debate ? I've yet to see anyone debate. You can't debate with hyperbole about foreigners both taking all our jobs and also leeching the welfare system.

Its erm.... Paradoxical

Put up those posts.

Put up those posts.

They weren't from you.

And no I'm not going back through 50 pages on my phone copying them out.

Knock yourself out if you like though

Its erm.... Paradoxical

Why are you here then? All you've done is make a complete and utter fool of yourself.

And back to your other accusation a while back, since you make so many. What is my side exactly? You've told me I reported you so "my side" could continue.
    I haven't been out of Asia in eight years listermint, so how could "my side" possibly be a xenophobic dislike of foreigners?

"My side" my hole. You've no clue what you're on about.

• Advertisement

Ok lads I'm off to sleep again.

Now remember conservatism is about low governance and owning your own ****. Hard work and personal responsibility.

Its not about Blaming foreigners or others

So stop trying to twist it up.

Peace .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I clicked into page one, took one look at the obvious baiting in the op, said to myself "I guarantee you when I click the last page there be nobody debating this, just the same lads as always, nitpicking one another's posting history and making derogatory comments about each other's intelligence.

Ye didn't disappoint anyway. I hope when ye are on your death beds ye value the time ye spent in these arguments.

I clicked into page one, took one look at the obvious baiting in the op, said to myself "I guarantee you when I click the last page there be nobody debating this, just the same lads as always, nitpicking one another's posting history and making derogatory comments about each other's intelligence.

Ye didn't disappoint anyway. I hope when ye are on your death beds ye value the time ye spent in these arguments.

And when you're on yours, you can look back at that glorious time spent talking about GAA.

Sorry for nitpicking your history, but you did bring it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No that's a fair point. To be fair though, when we discuss gaa it's out of a passion for the games and an enjoyment of talking to people of a like mind. Sure we'll have arguments but again they SHOULD be based on a mutual enjoyment of shooting the breeze about a topic that is, fundamentally, not important (but vitally important in another way, if you know what I mean!). There are occasional bickering matches and I've regretted my part in them for sure.

But these are important issues, and I presume people get into these debates because they matter a lot and people recognise the importance of them. But we aren't engaging with each other out of the ENJOYMENT of the topic, I assume, so it's not quite the same. We are, I would hope, trying to persuade one another. But what I find is that both sides come in (and I include myself) already belittling and caricaturing each other, so they're not changing minds, and pretty soon their familiarity with one another means they are snipping and biting on very personal terms. There's nobody really progressing the debate. I suppose I sounded like I'm being condescending in the last post but I'm as guilty as anyone of all this.

I'm very much left of centre on this, but looks most on the left I do recognise the bed to debate the issue, that immigration isn't just an unalloyed positive. But because I'm already caricatured as a bleeding heart commie who wants to let Sharia law take over and blah blah blah, I'm not going to come in with a reasonable start, especially when I suspect the real beliefs of about half the right wing posters on here anyway...

Sorry I've gotten off topic (but there again, who isn't at this stage?) but it seems like this thread is a pretty good emblem of what's wrong with boards as a forum for debate. It's partly about facts and being reasonable and all that, but fundamentally it's that nobody is actually trying to persuade anyone of anything. If you're not trying to persuade anyone you're not actually arguing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

There's actually a pretty posh area of Cork where a direct provision center was built about fifteen years ago. The refugees caused zero problems and the town didn't become a ghetto as you seem to think it would.

DS86DS wrote: »
    You really believe all people concerned about mass migration are some sort of basement dwelling sub humans?

There is a wake up call coming for you and people like you, the next few years will be interesting.

His ilk are mortified that the peasants are revolting.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. They were supposed to be good little peasants who didn't care that their and their families lives had been ruined.....and just let the Uber-cool Hipster lefties bask in the glory of the new multicultural Ireland while drinking their organic milk latte at the local Indonesian themed cafe.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

kneemos wrote: »
    What a Rosy picture you have of old Ireland.
    The truth is a history of mass migration,poverty,sweeping problems under the carpet, corruption and an inability to govern ourselves effectively.

It really wasn't better in the good old days,it was a miserable ****hole.

I did not say everything was fine in the past, just that I think a lot more is wrong now and the present trajectory we are on is going to end with the sound splat! On your latter point, I would say "sweeping problems under the carpet, corruption and an inability to govern ourselves effectively" are far more pronounced today than at any time in our history. This may not seem evident right now, but this generation is the most selfish in history. Soon, the time will come to pay the piper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

What the hell does that even mean ?
    It's a pretty easy point to understand.

Have you worked it out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Letting him away a bit lightly there aren't you ?

Considering what you have to say from behind your computer about posters on here who share his views, I'd like to see you characterise him in the same way.

But you haven't the guts.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ireland-is-being-repopulated-and-it-doesnt-seem-to-matter-to-the-powers-that-be-who-is-coming-kevin-sharkey-calls-for-open-dialogue-on-immigration-36763433.html
    Kevin Sharkey's views are abhorrent.

How does that mean he isn't Irish himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I think it's time we started doing IP checks on posters properly.

Because this site is importing the same nationalist bull**** that propagated brexit.

We can't have that I'll informed factless arguments start here. This isn't storm front.

Yes there are Irish posters here with a distinct lack of grasp on reality but there is a bunch of suspiciously new posters account's that appeared in the last twelve months that only ever appear in the same few threads.

Its obvious there is something up.

And a widespread issue with Irish immigration isn't it. We have one of the most hard immigration systems in Europe with direct provision and the notion that immigrants are coming here to suck off our welfare in there hundreds of thousands is idiotic and baseless.

This isn't an option or a feeling thing it's driven by waffle, Facebook style . Those that engage in it have a narrow agenda and is argue that there are forces at play here trying to push discontent.

Il be of course attacked for this by the usual same few that will claim their free speech about immigration is being surpressed....but by who ? You start these stupid threads every day . No one is stopping you. Your just being called out and responded to for having stupid opinion but your allowed have it freely. So pretending that your being surpressed is laughable.

The site needs to start doing proper validation of new accounts their locations and multi user posting . Its far too suspicious

A classic example of Liberal moral superiority.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement