Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't contact Eir - what a joke.

• 15-12-2018 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

The webchat is down.
    The email says it doesn't work due to systems upgrade.
    The agents that are supposed to be working 8am-6pm today are not working either due to some call center issues.
    How the hell am I supposed to contact Eir?
    I want to cancel my account and I can't.
    I've cancelled my direct debit so at least they can't take any more money.
    Joke of a company.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Well, if the system is under upgrade it makes sense all these channels are down.
    It has to be done sometimes in any company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Yourmama wrote: »
    Well, if the system is under upgrade it makes sense all these channels are down.

That's helpful, thanks.
    You upgrade your systems at night and not during the busiest time of the year.
    You also have redundancy built in so that the whole system doesn't need to be shut down for an extended period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

BigCon wrote: »

That's helpful, thanks.
    You upgrade your systems at night and not during the busiest time of the year.
    You also have redundancy built in so that the whole system doesn't need to be shut down for an extended period of time.

Same situation here.
    The upgrade of the email system has been going on months, yet they provide email services on an on-going basis. Not difficult to open a new email address in the interim.

Tried to cancel my contract in October and November and still not on the system as cancelled. Likewise, I have cancelled the direct debit, paid up to the end of the contract and already have a new provider installed.

I sent to a letter to them on 05/11/2018 and made a complaint through their complaint email form (working without upgrade)on 22/11/2018. No response from the letter and received an email (yes they have email) about the complaint with a response that said they would be in touch within 48 hours. Well guess what, still waiting!!!

I have been in touch with ComReg after cc'ing them on my last correspondence and they said they must wait 10 working days since the original compliant and then they will take up the case. Just writing to them this weekend.

Spoke to some nice people on the phone, but shocking customer service system in place and would never go back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

Halfway short of being useless. Appalling company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

The webchat is down.
    The agents that are supposed to be working 8am-6pm today are not working either due to some call center issues.
    Joke of a company.
    Hi BigCon, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with getting through to ourselves, I understand this is frustrating.  

I'm afraid we are unable to process cancellation via social media, the only team that can process this is our customer care team via 1901. They will process this for you and send on a link within an email to verify details, they will advise you on all. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

The webchat is down.
    Joke of a company.
    Hi BigCon, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with getting through to ourselves, I understand this is frustrating.  

I'm afraid we are unable to process cancellation via social media, the only team that can process this is our customer care team via 1901. They will process this for you and send on a link within an email to verify details, they will advise you on all. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Calls to 1901 and 1905 take a very long time. Estimated waiting time is more than 30 minutes, the robot says. And it's been like this for weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

I tried to call Eir last week on 1901 and was on hold for 53 minutes, it was mid morning. 
    Then an operative came on and took my query, then asked me to wait while he asked a colleague. 
    So I waited, then he came back and then asked me to wait again. 
    Then having been on the call for 1hr and 20mins my landline handset ran out of battery while I was still waiting.
    You can send a message via Twitter to Eircare but it takes up to 2 days to get a reply. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Yourmama wrote: »

Its been under upgrade for about a month.

I spent over an hour before giving up on a call two weeks ago. I eventually got the issue sorted on the web chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭the greatest game

Signed up with Eir last week
    Trying to get status of my order , can not get through
    Yesterday morning eventually after waiting 30 minutes a lad
    Answers , puts me through to onboarding team
    Tells me that there will be no wait , 30 minutes later I hang up no one on end of line.
    Yesterday afternoon after waiting 40 minutes I get through to a lad in cork
    He told me , we all have to queue to get through and if I was in a supermarket could I skip the queue ? And he told me don’t tell him what to do , prob the most unprofessional I have ever encountered
    I am now in the process of contacting to cancel - they are a disaster before it even begins
    How they get away with it , I do not know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

@the greatest game. That's your 1st experience with them. Prepare yourself, you're in for a treat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

New Eir. Old Eircom. 

I was with Meteor and unfortunately re-contracted with them shortly before Eir took over. The day my contract expires I'm gone to any other provider. They are fcuking useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

We can’t get services with our contracted provider as Éireann will don’t disconnect the previous occupants phone line and release the UAN

Disgusting service

Personally I think they are so desperate for customers they are refusing to let the ones they have go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Expose them on Twitter and everywhere else Write to the New CEO if they get enough negative exposure it hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

I feel sorry for their Customer Service team as the service is truly appalling.  I was with Meteor and loved it. Unfortunately I will have to leave these guys soon.  Never waited more than 5 mins under meteor.  They will lose customers by the thousands if they continue with this service.  I think they tried to bring it in-house but it doesn't seem to be working too well. Why don't they just hire more staff that know what is going on?

Advertisement