Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m thinking matt targett. Am I mad?

No....unless I'm mad as well :pac:

Saw him whipping in some tasty crosses on MOTD and he's been on the radar since.

I'm been looking at downgrading Alonso for a couple of weeks now - his attacking returns have dried up & Chelsea have a habit of leaking goals.

Alonso --> Targett/Bednarek would free up funds for Fraser to Mahrez/Bilva/Eriksen/Allie etc

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Paully D wrote: »
    What are Kolasinac owners doing this week? Holding or selling?

I'm holding. I expect him to start one if not both of the next two games

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Any advice...open to all options....hits / WC / bank......

Alisson Boruc
    Doherty Laporte Wan-Bissaka Duffy Cedric
    Fraser BSilva Salah Pereyra Richarlison
    Laca Kane Jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm nearly positive I'm going Bellerin to Alderweireld if Bellerin is confirmed out.

I'm on the Bellerin boat too but I have digne aswell so don't want to get a spurs defender this week as I don't see it being 0-0 might get lovren as Liverpool cover for the next 2 week's undecided as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Nats9314 wrote: »

Alisson Boruc
    Laca Kane Jimenez

Little bit messy I would say it's the right time to pull the trigger on the wc you can set up a better midfield then. I think kane can be done without for the moment prefer to have 2 of sane hazard sterling instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Auba & Milner out, Rashford & Hazard in.

Gone heavy on midfield now, light up top.

Fab
    Alonso Bennett Pereira
    Hazard Salah Sane Sterling
    Wilson Rashford Mitrovic

Hamer - Toreira AWB Peltier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Interesting. A ML rival of mine has had this approach all season and is in the top 3k OR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Auba & Milner out, Rashford & Hazard in.

Fab
    Alonso Bennett Pereira
    Hazard Salah Sane Sterling
    Wilson Rashford Mitrovic

Hamer - Toreira AWB Peltier
    Interesting.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Alisson Boruc
    Laca Kane Jimenez
    Little bit messy I would say it's the right time to pull the trigger on the wc you can set up a better midfield then. I think kane can be done without for the moment prefer to have 2 of sane hazard sterling instead

The main issues you have are

Allison - While he is the top scoring keeper, his fixtures aren't great in the next few weeks, perhaps downgrading to someone like Fabianski who has decent fixtures and on form is actually scoring better than Allison over last couple of GW's.

Bourc - not an issue as doesn't play but if WC - get either Button or Steele, as one of them will take Ryan's place when he goes off to the Asian Cup.

Laporte - Is his worth 6m+ has got 1 bps all season, and only 1 attacking return - even when he was the only goal scorer in a city game he didn't get any bps. Plenty of better options out there for cheaper.

The midfield while not the worse - just looks a bit light, as McCoy said - maybe try to beef it up with one or two of Sterling/Sane/Hazard or even a spurs lad or Martial might be worth a punt.

BSilva - of all the city mids, i'm not sure how you ended up with him, so would upgrade him to a different city lad.

I would probably keep Ricky and Salah - Fraser is great value however if you have the cash you could probably upgrade him, but keeping him can be argued as well.

Up front - Laca isn't a guaranteed starter yet alone 90 min player so I would be looking to free up cash from him if I was you - Ings would be a good alternative.

Others probably have thoughts of when best to use the WC, should you wait till the last minute - as then you know about players who pick up injuries over xmas etc, or use it now before price rises and sort out your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Alisson Boruc
    Laca Kane Jimenez

I'd have a different view to others. I don't think there is much wrong with your team (bar the lack of a heavy scoring City mid). I'd look at downgrading Laca to Mitro/Wilson or similar and upgrade Duffy to Trippier.

Alternatively, do Silva to Sane rather than the Duffy to Trippier transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No clue what to do. Thinking
    Hamer - Button. I’ve 2 Fts and 0 Itb

Leno Hamer
    AWB Zaba Robertson Laporte Bennet
    Sterling Sane Ricky Townsend Hojbjerg
    Jimenez Kane Pea

Might move on Laporte and Townsend and try to upgrade Townsend but Leno after his howler last week maybe dropped Hamer doesn’t play so I’m not quite sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd have a different view to others. I don't think there is much wrong with your team (bar the lack of a heavy scoring City mid). I'd look at downgrading Laca to Mitro/Wilson or similar and upgrade Duffy to Trippier.

Alternatively, do Silva to Sane rather than the Duffy to Trippier transfer.
    It’s not that it’s in bad shape it’s more that he still has a WC so like you might as well use it and set your team up for next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Am I mad to be considering Kiko Femenia to a WHU defender, probably Zabaleta?

1 FT and WAT play whu at the weekend, seems a bit sideways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'd look elsewhere, Fabianski is the only player worth having from the West Ham defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd look elsewhere, Fabianski is the only player worth having from the West Ham defence.

Balbeuno has been a relative success. Injured one game and 16pts from the other five I’ve started him in. Benched for the city game.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Balbeuno has been a relative success. Injured one game and 16pts from the other five I’ve started him in. Benched for the city game.

I just think with their tendency to concede most games, Fabianski offers way more with save points, bonus and pen saves.

Anyone would be better than Kiko, he has got 5 1 pointers in a row, and I think 10 for the season so far - is there anyone else that comes close to those stats who plays nearly every game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will rashford and martial start together do ye think? or will sane/ sterling star together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Pedro & Snodgrass for Paterson and Richarlinson.

chelsea have savage fixtures and cannot ignore snodgrass form and fixtures either.

both are differentials in my mls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Pedro & Snodgrass for Paterson and Richarlinson.

chelsea have savage fixtures and cannot ignore snodgrass form and fixtures either.

both are differentials in my mls

West Ham have 4 great fixtures and then they turn a bit. Everton have savage fixtures after this week. Pedro is a punt in terms of consistency of starts. Richarlison is probably a season keeper for me.

• Advertisement

Will rashford and martial start together do ye think? or will sane/ sterling star together?

Sané and Sterling almost guaranteed to both start. Who knows with United.

Colking wrote: »
    West Ham have 4 great fixtures and then they turn a bit. Everton have savage fixtures after this week. Pedro is a punt in terms of consistency of starts. Richarlison is probably a season keeper for me.

Richarlinson is a risk alright, had reckoned he's due a rest in at least one of the next 5 games. He has been wasteful recently and slightly off the pace I thought. everton are an ok team, fixtures are ok, i'm a bit meh about them, probably better to have Digne than Ricky.

Chelsea seem to have changed their system to a front 3 of Hazard, Willian and Pedro. With no CL until February and 3 home games of 5, i'm banking on him starting those 3 - his returns at home are consistently good. think he might edge it points wise over 5 fixtures and frees up cash for Snodgrass who seems in amazing form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It’s not that it’s in bad shape it’s more that he still has a WC so like you might as well use it and set your team up for next few weeks

Or use it the week after or the next one over again if the fixtures are ok this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Colking wrote: »

Richarlinson is a risk alright, had reckoned he's due a rest in at least one of the next 5 games. He has been wasteful recently and slightly off the pace I thought. everton are an ok team, fixtures are ok, i'm a bit meh about them, probably better to have Digne than Ricky

For all the praise Digne gets he has as many points as Wan Bissaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

naughtb4 wrote: »

Wan B has played 2 more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Richarlinson ...........has been wasteful recently and slightly off the pace I thought.
    Hmmmmm

Just the 19 points in the last three GW

23 in the four before that

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hmmmmm

Just the 19 points in the last three GW

23 in the four before that

my post needs to be read more in the context of 2 players combined points over the next 5 weeks rather than ricky on his own points which no doubt he'll get. doesn't mean he isn't wasteful. should have scored twice last game, not entirely certain i fancy him against spurs and i think there's a rest coming for one of the next two after that. and everton aren't a team to be relying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Think Ricky is out for me, I brought in Digne to cover some Everton for their upcoming run of fixtures.
    Will do: Laca -> Ings & Ricky -> Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

naughtb4 wrote: »

Wan B has played 2 more games.

Yes but in a much much worse team

Shows the value of Wan B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Anyone want to talk me out of fraser to lingard?

Not a man u fan nor do I think things will improve dramatically but ccan see a bit of a bounce especially v poorer opposition... Lingard could get amongst all that... Tempted by mata, but think he will be more of a rotation risk

Advertisement