Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Week 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The fact that you are trying to decide between two players possibly competing for the same position in the team along with others should be enough to put you off.

There is a good chance that some good value united players will emerge over the Xmas. To me trying to identify these bargains is too big a risk. United could also continue to underperform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not sure if I do or don't want to be talked out of:

- TAA & Felippe Anderson out
    - Bednarek & Hazard in

Defence would be left quite lightweight...

Patricio
    Dunk Laporte AWB Bennett Bednarek

...but tasty attacking line-up:

Eriksen Richarlison Sane Hazard
    Wilson Kane Auba

Once Arnie is fit again he could come in for Kane or Auba if I felt the need to beef up my defence again. Hard time moving past that defence though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating a free hit as after this weekend it will too much rotation for 3/4 weeks and I'm looking to start miyup in my money leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just how must-have is Hazard over the Christmas period? He is certainly giving me fear. I remember very vividly being burnt over the Christmas by Kane with 2 hattricks this time last year.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Debating a free hit as after this weekend it will too much rotation for 3/4 weeks and I'm looking to start miyup in my money leagues.

Views on this free hit team
    Leno hamer
    Alonso Delph Schindler AWB Morrison
    Hazard c sane sterling Anderson Snodgrass
    Laca Wilson rondon
    343 and all 11 players at hone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No clue what to do. Thinking
    Hamer - Button. I’ve 2 Fts and 0 Itb

Leno Hamer
    AWB Zaba Robertson Laporte Bennet
    Sterling Sane Ricky Townsend Hojbjerg
    Jimenez Kane Pea

Might move on Laporte and Townsend and try to upgrade Townsend but Leno after his howler last week maybe dropped Hamer doesn’t play so I’m not quite sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Anyone with any thoughts on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lossl for Leno?
    Some of the appealing defenders have a better fixture next week.

ElTel wrote: »
    Lossl for Leno?
    Some of the appealing defenders have a better fixture next week.

I think Southampton have turned a corner and Then he’s got United next. Has Emery given any indication as to weather it’ll be Leno or Cech this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

You are a bit like myself where to do anything worthwhile you really need to use the 2 FT and downgrade Kane or PEA which you won’t want to do this week

I would also look at Leno out. He has been poor as arsenal have been defensively in general
    There is a risk he could be dropped
    A small risk but when you have 2 Ft and not much else to change I’d downgrade him

You could see who rotates with BUtton for the few weeks but tbh I’d just stick fabianksi in even though you already have zab

Views on this free hit team
    Leno hamer
    Alonso Delph Schindler AWB Morrison
    Hazard c sane sterling Anderson Snodgrass
    Laca Wilson rondon
    343 and all 11 players at hone

Leno - slight risk he won’t start imo
    Delph the same
    Wilson too
    And laca although he probably will

Far too much uncertainty over too many players
    You also will have a LOT of money left on the bench for a free hit team

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    You are a bit like myself where to do anything worthwhile you really need to use the 2 FT and downgrade Kane or PEA which you won’t want to do this week

I would also look at Leno out. He has been poor as arsenal have been defensively in general
    There is a risk he could be dropped
    A small risk but when you have 2 Ft and not much else to change I’d downgrade him

You could see who rotates with BUtton for the few weeks but tbh I’d just stick fabianksi in even though you already have zab

Could do Hamer and Leno to Fabianski and Button and .1 itb. Might be the best move Leno has been ****e since he went in, Only returned one 7 point haul rest were poor

Leno - slight risk he won’t start imo
    Delph the same
    Wilson too
    And laca although he probably will

Far too much uncertainty over too many players
    You also will have a LOT of money left on the bench for a free hit team

That's my whole budget. I think Leno will start as will Delph. Wilson is risky because he played Wednesday and laca should play as auba started yesterday. Might not play the free hit as not 100% confident myself

Could do Hamer and Leno to Fabianski and Button and .1 itb. Might be the best move Leno has been ****e since he went in, Only returned one 7 point haul rest were poor
    Sorry I thought you had Button already. I would just get Fab and roll the extra FT. Play Fab every week

Sorry I thought you had Button already. I would just get Fab and roll the extra FT. Play Fab every week

No I’ve got Hamer and Leno atm

No I’ve got Hamer and Leno atm

I have made a lot of boring transfers this season but I dont think I could do a double keeper one in the one week :D

You prob wont play button anyway.
    Roll the extra FT and you may feel like a rejig of forward line and townsend next week......

I have made a lot of boring transfers this season but I dont think I could do a double keeper one in the one week :D

You prob wont play button anyway.
    Roll the extra FT and you may feel like a rejig of forward line and townsend next week......

Thank you sir

That's my whole budget. I think Leno will start as will Delph. Wilson is risky because he played Wednesday and laca should play as auba started yesterday. Might not play the free hit as not 100% confident myself

What I meant was you have spread your budget around 15 starters like it is a team for the longterm
    For FH I would aim to have as much of the budget on the pitch as possible. For example one of your front 8 can't be picked..........so for FH try and stay away from players with any doubts whatsover over their starts and then try and put as much money on the pitch as possible. By all means have back up on the bench but make it as cheap as possible as you hope you will not need it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Genuinely could build 2 good FH teams over the next 2 GW’s.

Chelsea home to Leicester
    City home to Palace
    Arsenal home to Burnley

This GW

Liverpool home to Newcastle
    Utd home to Huddersfield
    Spurs home to Bournemouth

St Stephens Day.

Really tempted to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Just how must-have is Hazard over the Christmas period? He is certainly giving me fear. I remember very vividly being burnt over the Christmas by Kane with 2 hattricks this time last year.

Pedro + 5 million would be my preference.

Pedro + 5 million would be my preference.

I can see myself getting him this week to buy myself a week and then selling him fir hazard next week
    He is a rotation NIGHTMARE at the best of times never mind the festive period

• Advertisement

I can see myself getting him this week to buy myself a week and then selling him fir hazard next week
    He is a rotation NIGHTMARE at the best of times never mind the festive period

I sure am. Hazard in false 9 helps him massively as it frees up a wide spot. I reckon pedro will start 3 of next 4. I dont think hazard is the ultimate capt option for any of the next 3 gws. He is the most natural finisher that chelsea have.

I sure am. Hazard in false 9 helps him massively as it frees up a wide spot. I reckon pedro will start 3 of next 4. I dont think hazard is the ultimate capt option for any of the next 3 gws. He is the most natural finisher that chelsea have.

I only became aware of hazard being the false 9 today as I wasn’t really paying attention
    That has put me off him.
    And on to Pedro.
    For one week only maybe ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I posted earlier about this. Completely agree. Not even worried about rotation if he plays 3 home games his returns are savage

@Devils_Latest: Romelu Lukaku is set to miss Solskjaer's first two games in charge. He has spent this week on compassionate leave and is unlikely to return until December 30. [Daily Mail] #MUFC

Well now..........I had my feckin mind made up to hold off on rashford too!

@Devils_Latest: Romelu Lukaku is set to miss Solskjaer's first two games in charge. He has spent this week on compassionate leave and is unlikely to return until December 30. [Daily Mail] #MUFC

Do you think it will be rashford or martial through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Compassionate leave? Inconsolable since Jose left poor ****er

Rashford looks likely to rise now.
    I'll wait for press conferences but i am strongly considering Mitrovic to rashford now
    Mitro could we'll pick up his 5th booking at his old club !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Richy to Martial worth a -4??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Richy to Martial worth a -4??

Not for me. Look at Richarlisons 8 fixtures after Spurs.

We don’t even know if Martial will start. (I reckon he will)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Very tempted by Mitro Salah Fraser to Hazard Kamara Sane at some stage

Not sure if it'll be this week

Advertisement