Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body of a newborn found on Balbriggan beach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Was about to post same. Anyone who commits murder is insane. This woman is a murderer

The baby was murdered now???

Sorry but I've checked all the news feeds and none are claiming this. You wouldn't think of waiting for the facts to surface before you convict & sentence this mother or father or grandparents?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

How did burying your baby (be it alive or dead) in a shallow grave on a beach somehow became acceptable here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

T-Maxx wrote: »
    How did burying your baby (be it alive or dead) in a shallow grave on a beach somehow became acceptable here?

How do you know that either parent buried the baby? Or killed the baby?

This is very depressing.

There are posters here that would worry me more than the mother. Some shocking posts all the same. Can I point out that some readers might have had miscarriages or still births recently or even not so recently & might find some comments hurtful or upsetting.

This is a very delicate subject. A little infant is dead & that's all we know.

RIP Little one & I'm hoping that the mum is OK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:There are a lot of very harsh judgements being made here, when we don't yet know the circumstances. Please show some compassion.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:
    How do you know that either parent buried the baby? Or killed the baby?

Has the baby been reported as missing?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There are posters here that would worry me more than the mother. Some shocking posts all the same. Can I point out that some readers might have had miscarriages or still births recently or even not so recently & might find some comments hurtful or upsetting.

This is a very delicate subject. A little infant is dead & that's all we know.

RIP Little one & I'm hoping that the mum is OK.

Ireland is full of pitchforkers. They actually love when something like this happens, so they can really really get stuck into someone.
    With zero evidence they feel free to be judge jury and executioner, totally unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Mental health bad situation whatever theres a dead baby as result from this person's actions and and most seem to be like the poor person who left a child to die. World is gone crazy if this person stabbed someone and they died is it still oh poor them been driven to stab people. I just don't get it and yes I know mental health is a very real serious situation but God damn there's a child dead any way that's my rant over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

"Mental health" is a free pass to do anything it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How the fcuk does this still happen in this day of age?

• Advertisement

Has the baby been reported as missing?

I have no idea. And neither have you. You know absolutely nothing except that a baby’s body has been found on a beach. You have no idea if the mother of the baby is alive or dead. 10 or 40. Alone or not. You have no idea how the baby got on the beach. You know nothing.
    But your 100% super confident that the mother is guilty.
    Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Was about to post same. Anyone who commits murder is insane. This woman is a murderer

Judge Jury and Executionor - typical Boards post

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

splinter65 wrote: »
    I have no idea. And neither have you. You know absolutely nothing except that a baby’s body has been found on a beach. You have no idea if the mother of the baby is alive or dead. 10 or 40. Alone or not. You have no idea how the baby got on the beach. You know nothing.
    But your 100% super confident that the mother is guilty.
    Why is that?

Not just guilty but guilty of murder.

No its not - it does However upset the lunch mobs

Where is there any evidence of a mental health issue? Where are you getting this stuff from?

Not just guilty but guilty of murder.

Or not guilty by reason of insanity

How the fcuk does this still happen in this day of age?

I don’t know what “this day and age” has got to do with it. Things happen behind closed doors the same now as they ever did. Same as they always will. Secrets and lies. Despair. Abuse. In actual fact I think it’s worse now then it ever was.

I’m lying in bed dumbfounded that people cannot find it within them to show empathy. Every male poster he has a sister or a mother. They are all just a very short hair away from this. Mentalhealth issues if they are at play here are very real and should be seen for what they are- NOT VOLUNTARY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Lads, do ye think this attitude of "murderer, lock her up, raaar women getting away with stuff" is more or less likely to result in her being found?

Pathetic posturing and carrying on. This is a tragedy, and previous incidents of it have had horrendous underlying circumstances. The same attitude being espoused in posts in this thread actively contributed to tragedies like this happening, and thankfully MOST OF US have moved on from it.

But yeah the most important thing is to get an auld dig at them wimmin in.

I hope she's found and the baby identified and my god the poor person who found the body.

I’m lying in bed dumbfounded that people cannot find it within them to show empathy. Every male poster he has a sister or a mother. They are all just a very short hair away from this. Mentalhealth issues if they are at play here are very real and should be seen for what they are- NOT VOLUNTARY.

There’s still a lot of ignorance around mental health issues. A lot of people are sitting listening to someone talking about their depression and nodding politely but in their own mind they’re saying “ oh for ****s sake pull yourself together sure what have you got to be depressed about. Moaney bitch”. You’d be amazed the things I hear.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote:
    I don’t know what “this day and age†has got to do with it. Things happen behind closed doors the same now as they ever did. Same as they always will. Secrets and lies. Despair. Abuse. In actual fact I think it’s worse now then it ever was.

I can see where he's coming from with this. We all thought or at least I thought that we had a more caring society now compared to 30 years ago. I fooled myself into thinking that everyone has someone to turn to. I fooled myself into thinking that this wouldn't /couldn't happen in modern society. In my own mind I thought with the fall of the church power in Ireland that these things wouldn't happen any more.

Tis very sad

T-Maxx wrote:
    Whatever about the circumstances - I hope the person is found and prosecuted.

There. Better?

There. Better?

I pray the men and women of your clan never have to suffer like this person clearly was.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

NSAman wrote: »
    Have the Gaurds questioned Johanna Hayes yet?

Seriously, sad state of affairs if the people involved think this is the only option available to them. RIP little one.

Not sure why a totally innocent person would have her name mentioned in this. ????

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I can see where he's coming from with this. We all thought or at least I thought that we had a more caring society now compared to 30 years ago. I fooled myself into thinking that everyone has someone to turn to. I fooled myself into thinking that this wouldn't /couldn't happen in modern society. In my own mind I thought with the fall of the church power in Ireland that these things wouldn't happen any more.

Tis very sad

For lots of reasons (not all to do with RCC) lots of babies have come to a quick savage end. This one just happened to be discovered. Kerry babies had nothing to do with the church and everything to do with respectable married men not wanting to be exposed. One of the famous missing women was pregnant with the child of a local bigwig when she disappeared. There’s no reason to believe anything has changed, or ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

There. Better?

This could possibly be a very young person 12/13 year old.
    Compassion would be nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

splinter65 wrote: »
    There’s still a lot of ignorance around mental health issues. A lot of people are sitting listening to someone talking about their depression and nodding politely but in their own mind they’re saying “ oh for ****s sake pull yourself together sure what have you got to be depressed about. Moaney bitch”. You’d be amazed the things I hear.

Poor mental health is weakness. People with mental health issues are weak.

Therefore it should not be used as a free pass as it so often is. Culpability lays with the person, for whatever scenario or crime, due to thier weakness and failings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

There. Better?

How do you know she's even alive, she might be in the sea herself for all we know. I suggest we reserve judgement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Therefore it should not be used as a free pass as it so often is. Culpability lays with the person, for whatever scenario or crime, due to thier weakness and failings.

Are you just trolling us now?! :mad:

Mental illness is not a weakness any more than a physical one is.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

So depression is a weakness, not an illness is that right? It’s a failing? Do you think people with depression should just cop themselves on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement