Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 not accessing data on its own plan or on WiFi

Options
  • 15-12-2018 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

I have tried to fix by switching off and back on again, resetting network settings and removing the sim and reinstalling but still not fixing it.

Any ideas on what else I could try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Any ideas? I can send sms, make calls and my “bars” are normal but anything data related like whatsapp isn’t available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Slide up for control centre and check if the Mobile Data toggle is on (Beside Airplane mode).

Alternatively go to settings-mobile data and check it there.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Slide up for control centre and check if the Mobile Data toggle is on (Beside Airplane mode).

Alternatively go to settings-mobile data and check it there.

That could be the problem if it was still able to access data on WiFi only but my phone can’t access data at all on its own plan or WiFi.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry misread it and thought it was mobile data only.

I would try a hard reset and see if that helps.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry misread it and thought it was mobile data only.

I would try a hard reset and see if that helps.

Tried that, no luck.

I can still send text messages so I guess the sim is grand. It’s just data. Will have to take it to the fixers.

• Advertisement

This was eventually fixed by deleting the iPhone’s sim history completely and setting it up as a new iPhone but you can keep the sim. Why that fixes it I have no idea. I had assumed it was a faulty piece of hardware.

Advertisement