Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Responsive Site

Options
  • 15-12-2018 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

The responsive site is unusable for me because I get an error message when I try to open any thread (see attachment). Here are the details:

Browser: Safari (tested on Chrome and it seems okay on that)
    Device: iPad Pro & iPhone 8 (happening on both)
    Error URL: https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057938190?fuid=108889162
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to responsive site
    2. Access any forum via ‘My Forums’
    3. Try to open any thread
    Expected: Thread to load
    What happened: Page did not load; see error message
    Based in Ireland; at home, not using firewall/proxy

I’ve also attached the diagnostics results. I’ve cleared my cache, shut down and restarted the browser, and same thing occurs.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Necronomicon,

We're currently unable to replicate this issue and things look OK to us. Perhaps (and hopefully) it was a temporary blip over the weekend. Is it still occurring?

And can I check if you are using touch.boards.ie or if you go to Responsive Site via Full Site / Legacy Site's footer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I’ve been accessing the Responsive site via the footer of the Touch site. Whenever I visit Boards directly via my address bar it brings me to the Touch site, so the only way I’ve been able to access the Responsive site is by that footer. Interestingly, the URL I’m getting from Responsive site address bar is https://www.boards.ie/b/. When I paste this into a separate (Private) tab the website doesn’t load at all (“Safari cannot open the page because it could not load any data”).

Strangely enough this only seems to occur when I’m logged in. Logged out I can access threads without hitting the error message.

Starting to wonder if I’m doing something wrong - is the Touch site actually the one I should be using, rather than “responsive”?

I'm going to send you a PM with a link to a quick screen recording to show what's happening - might be clearer than me trying to explain.

The touch site is working fine for me (though annoyingly, it can’t seem to remember me on Safari for iPad, even when I have the box checked to remember me - not an issue on my phone).

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for sending that on, Necronomicon. It may be an issue with a Responsive node. In the meantime, we recommend using the Touch site. Have you cleared your Safari cache on your iPad? A couple of strange issues here, but we'll look into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've cleared the cache on the iPad, but I'll give it another go. Will use the Touch site in the meantime as you suggest. Thanks.

Advertisement