Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account balance always wrong.

Options
  • 15-12-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have an annoying issue. When I purchase things and check my balance online, the money has been taken out. Then it could be that evening, or mostly the weekend and the money is put back in again. Sometimes it appears that I have Hundreds more than I do. This is so so frustrating, because I can't see how much I actually have.
    Most other banks have "payment pending" and "available funds" to distinguish.
    I think it is a sneaky way of the bank earning interest on money that should have gone out already, and withholding payments made. Surely this must be illegal!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jesso22 wrote: »
    I have an annoying issue. When I purchase things and check my balance online, the money has been taken out. Then it could be that evening, or mostly the weekend and the money is put back in again. Sometimes it appears that I have Hundreds more than I do. This is so so frustrating, because I can't see how much I actually have.
    Most other banks have "payment pending" and "available funds" to distinguish.
    I think it is a sneaky way of the bank earning interest on money that should have gone out already, and withholding payments made. Surely this must be illegal!?

Hi jesso22,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and sorry that you're unhappy with this service.
    I can confirm that we don have both a pending payments section and an available funds balance section on the full 365 website. Some transactions can fall off your account completely at certain points due to how the retailer processes the transaction. Please be assured that as soon as we receive confirmation of the transaction from these retailers it will then show as normal.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement