Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relief milking rate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭alps

OK. So you've got a full time job. You do relief milking via FRS (like me). I milk a herd of 500 per night with farmers son which takes between 3.5 and 4.5 hrs. After tax you take home just under 25 euro. Ask yourself, is it worth it?????? For me, it pays for the kids clothes etc....

Are FRS billing for relief milking or billing for agricultural hours worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wilberforce Buckshot

alps wrote: »
    Are FRS billing for relief milking or billing for agricultural hours worked?

Good question..... It appears there is a sliding scale. You would have the standard rate up to say 80 cows then charge 15cent a cow for arguments sake. The question is, what is the cut off point when you go from charging the above rate to charging something per hour because I can't see any large farm going with the first rate. The milker would be earning 100 quid per milking. It's all stacked against the relief milker.

Advertisement