If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE55NU7400 Sat Tuner?

Options
  • 15-12-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have been looking at upgrading our current Samsung 42" (with sat tuner) to a 55" and as ever this is doing my head in trying to find out which models have built in sat tuner. Even on the Samsung site I can't find the info. From codes on A**zon listings, it seems to indicate that the 7400 has one sat tuner, and possibly that the UE55NU8000 has 2x sat tuners.

Can you confiirm if this is the case and best pricing for both of the above, delivered to Tipperary.

Failing that, you might let me know what 55" models you do have with single sat tuner.

Many thanks
    Jakey

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

Have been looking at upgrading our current Samsung 42" (with sat tuner) to a 55" and as ever this is doing my head in trying to find out which models have built in sat tuner. Even on the Samsung site I can't find the info. From codes on A**zon listings, it seems to indicate that the 7400 has one sat tuner, and possibly that the UE55NU8000 has 2x sat tuners.

Can you confiirm if this is the case and best pricing for both of the above, delivered to Tipperary.

Failing that, you might let me know what 55" models you do have with single sat tuner.

Many thanks
    Jakey
    Hi Jakey,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

All Samsungs from the 7400 and above have a Satellite tuner. The NU8000 does have tin tuners which means you can watch one channel while recording another. You can't do this on an NU7400 as it only has a single tuner but you can still get Freesat HD.

The 55NU8000 would be £735.99 inclusing shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

The 55NU7400 is currently £649 but is available only for in store collection at the moment.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Brilliant, will need to run that past my OH.

Strange that none of the dealers, yourselves included, mention this as a selling point in the product description.

BTW, is there any improvement in the convoluted sequence for swapping from Sat to Terrestrial tuner? That's my only gripe with the current Samsung.

Strange that none of the dealers, yourselves included, mention this as a selling point in the product description.

BTW, is there any improvement in the convoluted sequence for swapping from Sat to Terrestrial tuner? That's my only gripe with the current Samsung.
    Hey Jakey Rolling.

Unfortunately no real improvement in switching between the Sat and terrestrial tuners. You still have a series of button presses to change from one to the other.

Let us know when your ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Hey Jakey Rolling.

Unfortunately no real improvement in switching between the Sat and terrestrial tuners. You still have a series of button presses to change from one to the other.

Hey Kenny,

OK so have the go ahead to order the UE55NU8000, would be great to have it before Christmas!
    Please advise how I go about ordering ASAP  per your quote of £735.99 delivered.

Hey Jakey Rolling.

Hey Kenny,

OK so have the go ahead to order the UE55NU8000, would be great to have it before Christmas!
    Please advise how I go about ordering ASAP  per your quote of £735.99 delivered.
    Hi Jakey Rolling.

Drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.