Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's fights 15/12 (Katie Taylor/Canelo/BT Card)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

pac_man wrote: »
    I don't think she needs to have more of a pro style. If you start slowing her down then she giving away her best asset which is speed. Don't fix something that isn't broken. What do you think she needs to change?

I fear that a fighter with top class footwork & timing will give her serious problems. I think those types of fighters are on the horizon & getting closer. Cameron is one for sure. I'm not that familiar with Mosseley. Amir Khan was a typical amateur star with ridiculous speed & punch output & eventually they got to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Don't think he'll ever make it at world level. No inside game and chin in the air. He'll be manoeuvred to as close as he can get though. Obviously marketable.

He’s at “LW,” apart from Loma, it’s quite a weak division...Mikey won’t be at LW again..

Garcia will be moving up.., but with that likely suspect chin in the air, he could be in serious trouble. Very sharp offense and very committted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    He’s at “LW,” apart from Loma, it’s quite a weak division...Mikey won’t be at LW again..

Garcia will be moving up.., but with that likely suspect chin in the air, he could be in serious trouble. Very sharp offense and very committted...

He wouldn't last a round with Teofimo Lopez.

Morrison J wrote: »
    He wouldn't last a round with Teofimo Lopez.

That would be a dangerous fight...

Still a weak division. When Crolla and Campbell are cracking the top ten, something’s fooked!

This is nauseating stuff...

You just know it’s going ten...

• Advertisement

Although not near as nauseating as Skys promo add for those two plodders next week, Whyte/Chisora!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just seen the thread. I'm watching the UFC.
    The robbery of Golovkin's unbeaten record was the end of the road for me. I might start watching boxing again if Golden boy promotions disappears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

A bargain at €24.95.

I can't believe anyone will pay for that.

How long til the main event starts? Hoping to watch it after the UFC.

I don't disagree that Cameron and Mosseley(decent counter puncher who beat Katie in the worlds) would give her problems but over 2 minute rounds, I'd favor an active fighter rather than someone relying on timing. I don't think you can afford to be patient over two minute rounds. The majority of the time when Taylor is throwing combinations, they're not actually landing but they give a good impression. I just don't think these girls have the power to deter Taylor coming forward. Cameron has looked powerful but I'm starting to think that power is all relative when it comes to womens boxing.

Very true...

Taylor will be very difficult to outpoint over 2 minutes; similar to Khan...

Her speed and feet will ensure she’s either winning or being very competitive...

To beat her it will require a bit of strength and power and pressure and bruising...that’s why 2 mins will probably help her should these situations arise..

Cameron clearly slower than Katie, but she has good feet and good stalking feet, as well as stamina and physicality..if she can’t hurt or catch Katie, she’s screwed...

Although not near as nauseating as Skys promo add for those two plodders next week, Whyte/Chisora!

Worth a watch surely. They had a good oul tear up last time.

• Advertisement

A bargain at €24.95.

My bargain went to Belfast for next week.

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Worth a watch surely. They had a good oul tear up last time.

Not worth a second of my time. First fight good for the casuals...I thought the overall skills and technique/talent were poor..

I don't disagree that Cameron and Mosseley(decent counter puncher who beat Katie in the worlds) would give her problems but over 2 minute rounds, I'd favor an active fighter rather than someone relying on timing. I don't think you can afford to be patient over two minute rounds. The majority of the time when Taylor is throwing combinations, they're not actually landing but they give a good impression. I just don't think these girls have the power to deter Taylor coming forward. Cameron has looked powerful but I'm starting to think that power is all relative when it comes to womens boxing.

Can't argue with anything you've said. I really hope Katie has a long reign at the top with some good competitive fights still to come. I would be all for the three minute rounds. Would give her more opportunity for getting the stoppage.

Not worth a second of my time. First fight good for the casuals...I thought the overall skills and technique/talent were poor..

Fury / AJ at ringside to call out the winner for the next ppv?

I seem to recall you saying that Frampton and Quigg wasn't PPV worthy. Frampton v Warrington is hardly PPV worthy then?

This one I’ll pay for...there is definitely a bigger buzz around it compared to Quigg/Frampton...

I still bought Quigg/Frampton..

Hey, being honest none of these are PPV worthy, but I still buy most...

Fury / AJ at ringside to call out the winner for the next ppv?

Well, Fury/AJ definitely PPV, and worthy!

AJ v a retired postman would be PPV in Sky’s world..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ok I take the point about 2 minute rounds, it’s well made in relation to katie. I’d still prefer 3 because that’s simply the way it should be, but it is what it is.

The questions being asked of her do seem legitimate to me. Towards the end of her amateur life she struggled against potkonen and mossely who are tough and relatively unsophisticated fighters so why wouldn’t that happen now when she starts to meet tougher and more skilled opponents? I think she may be fitter and better conditioned to go 10 rounds, even against younger fighters, so that will stand to her. I understand Cameron is decent and don’t mind the mcguigans hyping her up, but I’d still be confident Taylor would have the upper hand. The point about power being a relative term regarding the women’s divisions is very relevant. That said, I recall being vividly struck by mossely in Rio so she does scare me a bit more than Cameron tbh.

Nice to be able to talk about these fights though. An exciting 12-18 months ahead if they can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Well, Fury/AJ definitely PPV...

AJ v a retired postman would be PPV in Skys world..

Fact. Live from Wembley- complete with OTT build up

Try_harder wrote: »
    Fact. Live from Wembley- complete with OTT build up

Selling the poor postman as some killer...😅

That would be a dangerous fight...

Still a weak division. When Crolla and Campbell are cracking the top ten, somethings fooked!

Plenty of divisions with suspect top 10s

• Advertisement

Selling the poor postman as some killer...😅

Is White Chisora on PPV? Just to justify the winner fighting Joshua in April

Is White Chisora on PPV? Just to justify the winner fighting Joshua in April

Yes, PPV next week...

Jarell Miller be there, so maybe he is being lined up for the winner...

AJ meeting the winner will truly be a disgrace...

This one Ill pay for...there is definitely a bigger buzz around it compared to Quigg/Frampton...

I still bought Quigg/Frampton..

Hey, being honest none of these are PPV worthy, but I still buy most...

I Prepare To Voice my belief ill see them

Yes, PPV next week...

The brits would lap it up & Eddie will happily feed it to them.

Yes, PPV next week...

He will- I see Greasy Hearn there having the bants with the Sky Commentary team- Always Be Selling!!!

The brits would lap it up & Eddie will happily feed it to them.

If the fight is on Sky they will lap it up!

Sky are masters at getting money for old rope.

What did did with a pub game- darts - is an example of a genius exercise in marketing

Fook this...nite all. Will catch the replay tomorrow.....#bunched...

Just woke so this is my first fight lol

Just woke so this is my first fight lol

Lucky bastid....😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

rocky rocky get up you son of a bitchh lol

Advertisement