Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Derry WW wrote:
    Yeaaaaah, it took me long enough to work out that to find a percentage was to divide 22 by 23 and multiply by 100, so I'll let the more savey mathematicians work out further calculations.

Lol ok, my point anyways is 96% ain't 100%, it's as I mentioned the caveat to the seers peeks.
    And then the percentage reduces further on whatever days the SKs peek as good.

I mean I'm not saying discount the peeks but don't rely on them.

Village won without a full seer last game so it's not a massive thing anyways, we'll be grand.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »

I wouldn't rely on anything. Just hate when we can't trust anything. Feel that its often best to at least work on a spectrum of trust rather than a binary.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Yeaaaaah, it took me long enough to work out that to find a percentage was to divide 22 by 23 and multiply by 100, so I'll let the more savey mathematicians work out further calculations.

What are we saying - one Alpha that peeks good, and two other evils on the Scrooge team?

Then two SKs that peek good 50% of the time.

Then:

21/23 players peek good assuming tonight's the night the SKs peek good: 91%
    20/23 players peek good assuming only one of the SKs peek good: 87%
    19/23 players peek good assuming tonight's the night the SKs peek bad: 83%

Seer will be a guide to us. Nobody good peeks evil as far as we know so an evil peek is at least a guaranteed evil, so we can rely on them for that.

But a good peek we can take with a grain of scepticism until we know SKs/Alpha are dead.

Or, as already suggested by Steve, we combine the peek with the interrogation, but again that assumes that the interrogator blocks the power of the Alpha and SKs to peek as good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Man! Already really thrown here! Am trying to get my head around the OP, roles and statistics regarding the seer peeks :(

Hi by the way. Clodagh checking in :)

FWIW, I'd like Fiona peeked.

Henry WW wrote: »
    FWIW, I'd like Fiona peeked.
    Why?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Lol ok, my point anyways is 96% ain't 100%, it's as I mentioned the caveat to the seers peeks.
    And then the percentage reduces further on whatever days the SKs peek as good.

Village won without a full seer last game so it's not a massive thing anyways, we'll be grand.

That's because the priest was an absolute pro!

Hey guys :)

Sup Phil Mitchell, hope you ain't on the grog :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Or, as already suggested by Steve, we combine the peek with the interrogation, but again that assumes that the interrogator blocks the power of the Alpha and SKs to peek as good.

Yep, its not confirmed what exactly the interrogator does, have to guess its blocks powers going on the previous time this role was used. Cant see what else they would do. They will obviously block roled vils also in this case so gotta be careful with it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

No grog :)

But I am busy with family for the rest of the night more or less. I'll have to bring the yippi-ki-yay from tomorrow instead ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Scrooge is playing a difficult role, he appears good all the time and could eventually come good. IMO He has no power over whether he is converted or not and depending on circumstances will be turned good or remain evil at predetermined point

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Merry Christmas everyone!
    giphy.gif

Nice to see everyone getting into the festive spirit by plotting to viciously murder each other.

My nomination for best Christmas song is this one and is the clear winner. It's not Christmas until I hear this.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Scrooge is playing a difficult role, he appears good all the time and could eventually come good. IMO He has no power over whether he is converted or not and depending on circumstances will be turned good or remain evil at predetermined point

I may have missed another memo but gotta ask, Scrooge appearing as good all the time, where was this confirmed?

Isla WW wrote: »
    My nomination for best Christmas song is this one and is the clear winner. It's not Christmas until I hear this.

Good one for choosing the actual original.

Steve WW wrote: »
    I may have missed another memo but gotta ask, Scrooge appearing as good all the time, where was this confirmed?

Q&A thread. Somebody quoted the question and mod response above.

Brendan, post #97 this very page and for your attention.

You mean about the alpha, yeah I saw that but where does it say Scrooge is the alpha?

Steve WW wrote: »
    You mean about the alpha, yeah I saw that but where does it say Scrooge is the alpha?

Ah right, yeah, we don't know that for sure. We just know one of Scrooge's team is an Alpha and peeks good. We don't now for sure it's Scrooge himself.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Task?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    No grog :)

But I am busy with family for the rest of the night more or less. I'll have to bring the yippi-ki-yay from tomorrow instead ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Good one for choosing the actual original.

Full disclosure: it was the first one that came up on google so I went with it. Only realised it was the film version when I had it posted already.

Anyway onto game issues, I've read through the Q&A thread and the OP and would like to think that it's a fairly straightforward game. The lack of confirmation on how many evils there are though and the mention of potential further good rolled players makes me doubt myself. With no on thread tasks either there's not a whole lot to be going on tonight. We've nothing to look for only vaguely wolfy posts that sniff of wolf. Not a clue how to catch the SK's. As there's only 2 they can lay way lower that the wolves.

If the Scrooge role can be turned to the side of good, I wonder does he even know how that could happen or if that's another secret the mods have? And if Scrooge CAN be turned good that's a big worry for the other wolves in the backroom. It would make them more reluctant to reveal their names to each other back there. This could massively work in the village's favour as the wolves would also distrust each other and wouldn't have perfect knowledge.

Not sure if I wanna go too far down that wormhole at the moment but it will be something to consider going forward. The wolves could be just as clueless about who's on their team as we are at the moment.

Ah right, yeah, we don't know that for sure. We just know one of Scrooge's team is an Alpha and peeks good. We don't now for sure it's Scrooge himself.

Ah its probably a fair assumption tbh, Im just nit picking. Im just thinking if Scrooge is a possible turncoat, if he was the alpha it would be a big miss for the wolves. A lot of theories out there right now and tbh some started by me.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Task?

Wolf?

I wish to correct the clear lies of the previous page.

There is only one: BEST : Christmas song.

And it is this:

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Task?
    There are no tasks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Die hard is not a Christmas movie.

Its a movie that happens to take place during Christmas.

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Die hard is not a Christmas movie.

Its a movie that happens to take place during Christmas.

Cersei-Lannister-Get-Out.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Good day everyone. Mary checking in. Work Christmas party last night so feeling the pain today.

How' is all the Christmas butchering coming along?

Cersei-Lannister-Get-Out.gif

Thats not a christmas movie either, though a pretty good movie all the same.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

So SKs peak good every second cycle.

First cycle is mon to tues morning? Which means tuesday and Thursday peaks (if seer still alive) would show good. Any way they could try and use this to their advantage by looking to be peaked?

Hey look at me being really slow at grasping this game.... You’d swear I was pissed off after the match and it sort it sucked the joy out of the night for me!!! :(

DIE HARD IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!! TAKE IT BACK VERNON AND STEVE

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    So SKs peak good every second cycle.

First cycle is mon to tues morning? Which means tuesday and Thursday peaks (if seer still alive) would show good. Any way they could try and use this to their advantage by looking to be peaked?

Hey look at me being really slow at grasping this game.... You’d swear I was pissed off after the match and it sort it sucked the joy out of the night for me!!! :(

That all depends on whether there are night 0 actions - in which case tomorrow is the second cycle. Just sayin.

Would be funny if SKs were Willie and Marcus from Bad Santa... what do you reckon Oisin?

That all depends on whether there are night 0 actions - in which case tomorrow is the second cycle. Just sayin.

Is there not usually only token night 0 stuff?

Usually, but I'm discounting nothing. I'm like that fella.... Jon... Summer?

I know nothing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Brendan WW wrote:
    DIE HARD IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!! TAKE IT BACK VERNON AND STEVE

I'm with Vernon and Steve on this one FYI

Pter wrote: »

giphy.gif

This is clearly Christmassy - in a morbid way

Therefore - Die Hard = Christmas movie.

Case closed McGarnagle

Would be funny if SKs were Willie and Marcus from Bad Santa... what do you reckon Oisin?

:confused:

Well that just makes three of you wrong so.....

Next people will be saying Frozen is more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard. Sheesh!

Oisin WW wrote: »
    @Gabriel

200.gif

Would be a bit strange if there were no Santa gifs in the Christmas game!
    :confused:

Was his bad Santa Gif that made me think of it.

• Advertisement

Therefore - Die Hard = Christmas movie.

Case closed McGarnagle

Never mind wolves v villagers. I can see this turning in to a Die Hard = Christmas v action game. The outcome could leave hurt that will last for generations!

Was his bad Santa Gif that made me think of it.

K. Had wondered at you asking him specifically.

Brendan WW wrote:
    Next people will be saying Frozen is more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard. Sheesh!

Well Frozen actually is set in summer. They sat it throughout the movie.

Die Hard is an action movie that takes place at Xmas time. Not an Xmas movie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pter. I think you find Die Hard is a Xmas movie :pac:

Seer usually gets a peek n0, that would leave cycle 1 tonight. Says in the op that there are not on thread actions before 10am tomorrow, seer actions would be off thread I guess.
    Without confirmation, I would say cycle 1 is tonight.

Never mind wolves v villagers. I can see this turning in to a Die Hard = Christmas v action game. The outcome could leave hurt that will last for generations!

giphy.gif

As opposed to all the magical stuff that we're supposed to believe in? It's a Christmas movie as it takes place at Christmas. That's the general premise.

There are even Christmas parties taking place, and dead men in Santa hats.

WHAT MORE DO YOU MONSTERS WANT

It's an action Christmas movie. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Just like you can have a horror Christmas movie (Rare Exports)
    Or a war Christmas Movie (Joyeux Noel)
    Or a rom com Christmas Movie (While You Were Sleeping)
    Or a family Christmas Movie (Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street)
    Or a sentimental Christmas Movie (It's a Wonderful Life)
    Or a kids Christmas Movie (Elf)
    Or a gross-out comedy Christmas Movie (Bad Santa)

etc, etc.

Loughc wrote:
    Pter. I think you find Die Hard is a Xmas movie

The game is called off due to irreconcilable differences between the mods.

• Advertisement

The game is called off due to irreconcilable differences between the mods.

Ah well. C'est la vie. So, who were the wolves?

Advertisement