Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Thanks Henry

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Don't think you can embed from imgur. Just use a linky:

https://imgur.com/gallery/744R0LH

744R0LH.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

We've been over this already. Writer > Actor in deciding the matter.
    Pffff what would a writer know. And anyway, he doesn't own it anymore now it's out in the world. We do, and the majority have decided it's not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Pffff what would a writer know. And anyway, he doesn't own it anymore now it's out in the world. We do, and the majority have decided it's not.

Majority of 3? That's good maths there :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Kpyg.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

imgur

Ah, so just add ".gif" to the image link and hey presto. Happy to learn something new.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

**** sake. I logged in and saw loads of posts and rubbed my hands together thinking “yeay, lots to work through” and it’s a three page debate about die hard and pineapple. Certainly wolves hiding in there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    **** sake. I logged in and saw loads of posts and rubbed my hands together thinking “yeay, lots to work through” and it’s a three page debate about die hard and pineapple. Certainly wolves hiding in there.

An important question for you - may decide your fate! Die hard - Christmas movie or not Christmas movie?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Majority of 3? That's good maths there :D

There's a bigger world than this thread my friend. Now, let us watch "It's a wonderful life" together.

• Advertisement

I for one welcome the return of D0 nonsense.

There's a bigger world than this thread my friend. Now, let us watch "It's a wonderful life" together.

Yeah but in this village, you're in the minority ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ah here lads. There's only one "Greatest Xmas film ever"

fullwidth.9831f58f.jpg

Listen, I'm not saying correlation/causation but if the wolves win then and the majority of people mistakenly believe die hard is a Christmas movies, then it's obvious what conclusions can be drawn.

Listen, I'm not saying correlation/causation but if the wolves win then and the majority of people mistakenly believe die hard is a Christmas movies, then it's obvious what conclusions can be drawn.

If its obvious then any chance you can spell it out for us?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Ah here lads. There's only one "Greatest Xmas film ever"

fullwidth.9831f58f.jpg

Total recall?

• Advertisement

If its obvious then any chance you can spell it out for us?

Does this help?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Total recall?

tumblr_mf2g3zcQWM1qfr6udo1_400.gif

Jingle All The Way.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ok if we're drawing lines in the sand here:

IT'S NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

While I am late to the debate I am on the diehard = Christmas movie side of the fence.

I'm also reasonably OK with pineapple on pizza, but it wouldn't be in my top 10 choice of toppings.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    An important question for you - may decide your fate! Die hard - Christmas movie or not Christmas movie?
    Never seen it.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    While I am late to the debate I am on the diehard = Christmas movie side of the fence.

I'm also reasonably OK with pineapple on pizza, but it wouldn't be in my top 10 choice of toppings.

I'd treat pinnapple on a pizza the same way as I would sweetcorn on a pizza. I have no issues with them being on pizzas, but I'll be ripping them off my slice before eating it.

Never seen it.

tenor.gif?itemid=6024520

tenor.gif?itemid=6024520
    I tend to only watch... Christmas movies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The fire......it rises.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I hope someone is tallying the votes

giphy.gif

abr.gif

You got me :(

Ok, need time here. Night all, serious business tomorrow!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Lads, mosy on over to the xmas forum, those guys know their stuff and die hard is discussed as a Xmas move

/End game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

What...like all year round?

I guess you've never seen home alone then.

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Lads, mosy on over to the xmas forum, those guys know their stuff and die hard is discussed as a Xmas move

/End game

Tried to check out xmas forum, not allowed entry.

Boards.ie Message Gertrude WW, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Tried to check out xmas forum, not allowed entry.

Boards.ie Message Gertrude WW, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

We can only see forum games and bizarrely, The Ladies Lounge, so you'll have to use your normal account for the Christmas forum.

Oisin is still a wolf

Oisin is a wolf

Steve feels a bit dodge

What about you? Where's your thoughts?

Picks Oisin as his main target for nothing that I can see as different from anyone else.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Jesus you try to have a bit of fun on D0 and get labeled a wolf!

Shows a bit of .. WTF.. at Fionas targetting.

Fun wolf turns to defensive wolf!

More Oisin targetting, sure, I think someone else at this stage went to Oisin, just laugh it off.

The scrooge turn is interesting, makes sense given the theme. How the mechanic plays out is unknown but it's a reasonable assumption to make.

Unknown roles, probably zero point on speculating at this stage IMO, focus on what's in front of us

Lets leave Oisin for a while, let that ferment with others....

Let's talk about scrooge, then..
    probably zero point on speculating at this stage IMO, focus on what's in front of us
    Discusting advise.
    Dont speculate??

What else do we do with a game with shag all to go on?

Scrooge is playing a difficult role, he appears good all the time and could eventually come good. IMO He has no power over whether he is converted or not and depending on circumstances will be turned good or remain evil at predetermined point

Back to scrooge again. I'll note the fixation on the wolf team and move on.

/End game

Okay, ending the not so helpful dies hard xmas stuff is probably villagery.

We can only see forum games and bizarrely, The Ladies Lounge, so you'll have to use your normal account for the Christmas forum.

Oisin is still a wolf

But, back to Oisin.

Okay, I have seen a certain player before targetting another for zero reasons before, just for both to survive the munch, so this is possible.

The most horrible stuff out of Fiona is don't speculate.

I'll forgive the Oisin targetting, but if Fiona is wolf, that does not let Oisin off as wolf.

Now, my earlier note, mentioning scrooge and focusing on the wolves, could mean we have a sk here.

If one sk know the id of another, maybe they do some distancing on d0, the way Fiona has been doing to Oisin?

Well, thats my ramble for now.

Fiona possibley still vallagery just picking fight with Oisin so both survive the munch.

If thats the case, Oisin is the innocent victum in Fionas villagers ruse.

In summary, Die Hard is an xmas movie.

But there no santas in it, boo hoo, so what. There was a santa hat, an xmas party , its xmas time, it an xmas movie.

Where is santa in its a wonderful life?

Xmas soundtrack, tick.

Listed as xmas movie in almost every xmas movie list, tick.

Get over it, its an xmas movie.

mic drop.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Some people’s reactions to stuff so far has been interesting but I don’t know how much solid stuff we had to go by from day 0.

That said there is one thing we should know by now... Die Hard is a Christmas movie!

Let's talk about scrooge, then..

Dont speculate??

What else do we do with a game with shag all to go on?

The most horrible stuff out of Fiona is don't speculate.

I concur.

Okay, ending the not so helpful dies hard xmas stuff is probably villagery.

Wouldn't say that even. If this was Wednesday and we were talking crap about Die Hard and she reeled us back in to important stuff then that would be villagery. Doing it on D0 when fluff is expected and we're all just finding our feet isn't villagery, IMO.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Wouldn't say that even. If this was Wednesday and we were talking crap about Die Hard and she reeled us back in to important stuff then that would be villagery. Doing it on D0 when fluff is expected and we're all just finding our feet isn't villagery, IMO.

On this I’d agree, in recent games there has been a trend on day 0 for some players to start trying to catch wolves much earlier. Not a bad thing that but I would not worry too much about fluffy posts if they occurred on day 0 as I would if they are on going especially if it’s a topic everyone got in on.

In no way does that clear her but maybe she was just poking some bears and seeing how they respond, was there ever even a reason given for the Oisin is bad stuff for example?

Morning all. Not much happening over night. Lets hope the seer had a peek last night and hit a target and/or the interrogator had a good result.
    Im wondering if the seer gets roles or just alignment. In the case of the former, how will immune badies reveal as.

• Advertisement

Btw..that christmas fm has way to many adds, better of listening to a playlist.

In summary, Die Hard is an xmas movie.

But there no santas in it, boo hoo, so what. There was a santa hat, an xmas party , its xmas time, it an xmas movie.

Where is santa in its a wonderful life?

Xmas soundtrack, tick.

Listed as xmas movie in almost every xmas movie list, tick.

Get over it, its an xmas movie.

mic drop.

giphy.gif

Let that be the end of the discussion. I like Gertrude overnight, nice analytics on Fiona/Oisin.

Would agree with Henry though that steering the conversation back to game talk on day 0 gets no village points from me.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Task?
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    So not Frozen and not Home Alone.. What about Bad Santa?
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Or the Grinch..
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Can we just forget about the usual reasons for lynching someone and just go straight for the ones who said die hard WASNT a Christmas movie?
    Riona WW wrote: »
    I hope someone is tallying the votes

Looking back over the main body of conversation, I picked out a few posts I found a bit strange.

Babs with a single post stating task, like normally it's meh but there's 0 follow up.

Desmond stands out as a wolf trying to fit in with the flow of the thread, chucking out a couple of Christmas movies

And Riona's posts are a bit bandwagony on the 'Die Hard - not an Xmas movie' crowd. No clue what she's on about in reference to vote tallying.

Side note: the not an Xmas movie crowd need to be beaten with sticks and buried in the snow.

In fairness I think Riona’s vote tally was just a joke in relation to which side everyone was on in relation to DH.

Looking back over the main body of conversation, I picked out a few posts I found a bit strange.

Babs with a single post stating task, like normally it's meh but there's 0 follow up.

Desmond stands out as a wolf trying to fit in with the flow of the thread, chucking out a couple of Christmas movies

And Riona's posts are a bit bandwagony on the 'Die Hard - not an Xmas movie' crowd. No clue what she's on about in reference to vote tallying.

Side note: the not an Xmas movie crowd need to be beaten with sticks and buried in the snow.

You just said drop it and now you've brought it back one post later?

You just said drop it and now you've brought it back one post later?

So that's all you took from that post? Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

In fairness I think Riona’s vote tally was just a joke in relation to which side everyone was on in relation to DH.

Morning all.
    Did we get a final vote tally?
    DH debate provides a starting point for FFAs today :p

Mary WW wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Did we get a final vote tally?
    DH debate provides a starting point for FFAs today :p

I won't be FFAing anyone based off their belief on Die Hard.

They shall be judged by a higher power....

giphy.gif

So that's all you took from that post? Interesting.

Meh, it looks like a useful post but it's not really. The posts pulled out don't look special to me, and Fiona was obviously tally's Die Hard is Xmas movie Vs Die Hard isn't Xmas.

Looking useful while also stoking the Civil War we accidentally started.

Osiens reaction to getting called a wolf was interesting too I thought. Maybe it could have been laughed off but he got a bit shrill there for my liking.

Hopefully the seer got their peek in. If they got a villager there's a decent chance they are who they say they are so keep an eye on other players interactions with them.

Meh, it looks like a useful post but it's not really. The posts pulled out don't look special to me, and Fiona was obviously tally's Die Hard is Xmas movie Vs Die Hard isn't Xmas.

Looking useful while also stoking the Civil War we accidentally started.

Osiens reaction to getting called a wolf was interesting too I thought. Maybe it could have been laughed off but he got a bit shrill there for my liking.

Hopefully the seer got their peek in. If they got a villager there's a decent chance they are who they say they are so keep an eye on other players interactions with them.

Of course they don't look special isolated, that's their intent... It's the timing and the other content - context. That's literally all of their contribution during the entire discussion.

Not sure what other villages you've been in friend, but it's not a regular thing that a seer gets a night 0 peek around these parts. I'm not discounting it, but it's unlikely imo.

Also what's the big idea with other people defending folks? I find it really weird. Let them stand over their own posts at least. I might be wrong, but if I'm not now they don't have to answer as - in Riona's (not Fiona Vern) case two people have now answered for them.

Just let them respond to me directly, what's the harm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement