Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Picks Oisin as his main target for nothing that I can see as different from anyone else.

Shows a bit of .. WTF.. at Fionas targetting.

More Oisin targetting, sure, I think someone else at this stage went to Oisin, just laugh it off.

Lets leave Oisin for a while, let that ferment with others....

Let's talk about scrooge, then..
    probably zero point on speculating at this stage IMO, focus on what's in front of us
    Discusting advise.
    Dont speculate??

What else do we do with a game with shag all to go on?

Back to scrooge again. I'll note the fixation on the wolf team and move on.

Okay, ending the not so helpful dies hard xmas stuff is probably villagery.

But, back to Oisin.

Okay, I have seen a certain player before targetting another for zero reasons before, just for both to survive the munch, so this is possible.

The most horrible stuff out of Fiona is don't speculate.

I'll forgive the Oisin targetting, but if Fiona is wolf, that does not let Oisin off as wolf.

Now, my earlier note, mentioning scrooge and focusing on the wolves, could mean we have a sk here.

If one sk know the id of another, maybe they do some distancing on d0, the way Fiona has been doing to Oisin?

Well, thats my ramble for now.

Fiona possibley still vallagery just picking fight with Oisin so both survive the munch.

If thats the case, Oisin is the innocent victum in Fionas villagers ruse.

On mobile so can't respond to individual sections. So I'll try go in order

I never said drop Oisin, I think he's a wolf, that's it.

The speculation piece your taking out of context, I replied to someone who was speculating on roles that aren't mentioned in the OP, there are some but it might not be worth speculating on them at this point IMO. Unknown roles are likely to be good roles.

I did like your post (despite being aimed at me) till the last piece, I might be a villager and so might Oisin. Of course we might (Oisin not so much), just feels a bit base covering for my liking!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Desmond stands out as a wolf trying to fit in with the flow of the thread, chucking out a couple of Christmas movies
    I generally wait for a little more info before diving in and pointing fingers - I'm 100% positive where I stand on Die Hard, though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Fiona: Why do you think Oisín is a wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I generally wait for a little more info before diving in and pointing fingers - I'm 100% positive where I stand on Die Hard, though.

I like your avatar. Are you a member of the Camarilla?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Fair play to folks deep diving into people's posts from D0. I don't see what you guys see but sure fire away.

I've realised that this week is gonna be mental busy for me so post count may be down but I'll contribute what I can. And yes, I am pre-empting the 'where's Isla?' posts that no doubt will happen about day 2 just before I get lynched for saying something stupid. :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I like your avatar. Are you a member of the Camarilla?
    What's that? And I'm afraid the avatar must be left over from a previous game - I'll figure out how to change it after work.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    What's that? And I'm afraid the avatar must be left over from a previous game - I'll figure out how to change it after work.

Have a read of This

Truly enlightening part of the interwebs...:pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Also what's the big idea with other people defending folks? I find it really weird. Let them stand over their own posts at least. I might be wrong, but if I'm not now they don't have to answer as - in Riona's (not Fiona Vern) case two people have now answered for them.

Just let them respond to me directly, what's the harm?

Sometimes at this point, people can find it difficult to contribute and will jump on a chance to offer their thoughts on a situation. At such an early stage, I wouldn't be moaning about people trying to "defend" someone by just playing Devil's Advocate.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Did we get a final vote tally?
    DH debate provides a starting point for FFAs today :p

Well, Mary, seeing as you asked......

Yes, DH is a Xmas movie = 11 votes

No, DH is not a Xmas movie = 5 votes

Desmond says he 100% knows where he stands on the issue but I don’t know if that’s yes or no ????

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Also what's the big idea with other people defending folks? I find it really weird. Let them stand over their own posts at least. I might be wrong, but if I'm not now they don't have to answer as - in Riona's (not Fiona Vern) case two people have now answered for them.

Just let them respond to me directly, what's the harm?

Me explaining Riona’s tally post? Yeah, maybe I should have just let it be but it seemed so obvious I thought I’d explain for her.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Well, Mary, seeing as you asked......

Yes, DH is a Xmas movie = 11 votes

No, DH is not a Xmas movie = 5 votes

Desmond says he 100% knows where he stands on the issue but I don’t know if that’s yes or no ????

Thank you for your valuable contribution :P

Henry WW wrote: »
    Thank you for your valuable contribution :P

How gracious you are, kind sir

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Its the 10 minute count down.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Its the 10 minute count down.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Good morning villagers - here is your morning read!

*Marley visited Scrooge during the night - an evil spirit has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated*

It seems Marley is dead....but not as dead as i thought. His spirit, twisted and gnarled in life, is grounded to Earth by chains. But whomsoever wrought and applied those chains didn't account for Marley and Scrooge as a team. As a team, Marley has.....procured....a new body to inhabit. Now Marley is free to help Scrooge destroy those who oppose him and claim ultimate dominion on the souls in the village.

*Tiny Tim has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated*

Tiny Tim awoke with a start. His room felt colder than usual. A coldness that burrowed itself into the very bones. Tim pulled himself up in his bed and with a strained grunt, shifted his body so that his weak legs swung out the side of his bed. He reached for his trusty shotgun walking stick, and hobbled from his room, ready to face the day.

An ill wind swept through the village overnight. An ill wind filled not just with ill tidings not from spirits, but from men.

It was 8 days till Christmas, Gertrude WW had gone and chopped down a lovely Fraser Fir and had it on the stand ready to decorate in the morning. She went to bed with a happy smile, knowing this Christmas was going to be different!

The sun had risen and the villagers went about their merry way, the market stalls were setting up, and everyone seemed in a great mood. As the market took shape, there was a stall missing. Where was Gertrude WW?

Wendle, who was in charge of the market taxes decided to go to her house and wake the lazy sod up, or there would be another in the pitch by the morrow.

Wendle went down the alley to the house, but stopped as he noticed the first strange thing he would notice that morn. He noticed that there was the christmas tree painted on the door, in dark red. As he got closer, he smelled the "paint" that didn't smell like any normal paint, had a strangely whiff to it. He decided to get the local constable to come check this out and went to the station. Three of them returned to investigate further. The door inched open and a haunting sight met their eyes.

The bed in the alcove had its curtain shut, but something was bulging out of the curtains.

A bit of paper was on the floor. It read "Helped you find some baubles for the tree"

They turned to the tree that was sitting beside a dying fire. There were strange pink balls attached to various parts of the tree, Wendle walked over and let out a started gasp. He ran and pulled the curtain off from the bed and there was a pile of bodies, all with faces that showed they had died a hideous death. Genitals had been mutilated.

At the top of the pile was Gertrude WW.

A Christmas nightmare had begun, who or what did this to the young men and Gertrude WW.

*GERTRUDE WW IS DEAD*

Gertrude... interesting I guess.

So who was Gertie suss of - Fiona?

Was it a bluff by whoever killed them?

More questions than frickin answers at the moment.

Gertrude... interesting I guess.

So who was Gertie suss of - Fiona?

Was it a bluff by whoever killed them?

More questions than frickin answers at the moment.

Gertie also put in a staunch defence of Oisin. Question is was this a wolf play to protect a member (Fiona or Oisin) or just wolves choosing what looked like a good player?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Looking back over the main body of conversation, I picked out a few posts I found a bit strange.

Babs with a single post stating task, like normally it's meh but there's 0 follow up.

Desmond stands out as a wolf trying to fit in with the flow of the thread, chucking out a couple of Christmas movies

And Riona's posts are a bit bandwagony on the 'Die Hard - not an Xmas movie' crowd. No clue what she's on about in reference to vote tallying.

Side note: the not an Xmas movie crowd need to be beaten with sticks and buried in the snow.

I posted monosyllabically because I hate D0 and can't be bothered getting involved with all the fluff and random accusations. Then held my peace after the "task" post cos I reread the OP and saw the "no tasks" bit.

At the top of the pile was Gertrude WW.

A Christmas nightmare had begun, who or what did this to the young men and Gertrude WW.

*GERTRUDE WW IS DEAD*

Goddammit, literally the only read I had was that I thought Gertrude's post #234 was kind of wolfy. The only thought I had. That's that out the window. New theories soon hopefully.

RIP Gerty.

• Advertisement

A Scrooge kill not the SKs presumably?

Wasn't this a wolf kill?
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Gertie also put in a staunch defence of Oisin. Question is was this a wolf play to protect a member (Fiona or Oisin) or just wolves choosing what looked like a good player?

Right so Gertie is dead. Probably worth looking back at her posts to see what (if anything) piqued the wolves interest.

In other news, we have a Marley. Now, do we think that Marley always knew he was Marley and had been in a BR with Scrooge yesterday or was Marley a sleeper wolf who was only activated this morning? Or infected by Scrooge? If he's newly changed to team wolf he could be posting differently today. Something to look out for.

"Scrooge & the evil spirits have an alpha and a power blocker, and may be able to increase their numbers or risk their numbers being decreased, either by design or by accident.
    Update: Scrooge (Alpha) - Will peek as good if peeked by the seer
    Update: Marley (Power Blocker) - Can block the powers of a player each night. Very evil and tricky spirit!"

Peek as good in the OP also answers how peeks will be shown - looks like good/bad as opposed to full role.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Wasn't this a wolf kill?

Yeh but if Oisin was a wolve , would killing Gertie (who defended him) potentially throw shade on Fiona and off Oisin?

Is it normal for no SK kill on day 1?

• Advertisement

It might have been an SK kill, it's not definitive which evil team killed Gertie

Picks Oisin as his main target for nothing that I can see as different from anyone else.

More Oisin targetting, sure, I think someone else at this stage went to Oisin, just laugh it off.

probably zero point on speculating at this stage IMO, focus on what's in front of us
    Discusting advise.
    Dont speculate??

But, back to Oisin.

Okay, I have seen a certain player before targetting another for zero reasons before, just for both to survive the munch, so this is possible.

I'll forgive the Oisin targetting, but if Fiona is wolf, that does not let Oisin off as wolf.

Now, my earlier note, mentioning scrooge and focusing on the wolves, could mean we have a sk here.

If one sk know the id of another, maybe they do some distancing on d0, the way Fiona has been doing to Oisin?

Fiona possibley still vallagery just picking fight with Oisin so both survive the munch.

Gertys main contribution

Normal enough. Bit harsh to kill off 2 players on Day 1 when they might not have even posted.
    There was probably a backroom competition for who gets the kill or else the SK just have kills on alternate nights so Monday is their first kill.

Did we ever get an answer to when the SK kills? Maybe it's at lynchtime?

I say, MrsFlushdraw. Your notice of Gertrude’s demise was positively ugsome.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

What I take from this, quote " marley orocured a new bidy to inhabit" sounds like a convert.

This morning was a munch, its in the op. Have to assume it was a wolf kill.

• Advertisement

So we have a wolf team containing Scrooge (alpha), Marley (power blocker) and the 3 ghosts.

Along with 2 SKs that makes 7 evils vs 16 good?

If someone could be so kind to explain this part to me - unless absolutely necessary?

3) The Serial Killers
    The serial killers work as a pair, unless absolutely necessary, and choose their kills each night. They appear as normal people most of the time, so will peek as good every second cycle.

Steve WW wrote: »
    What I take from this, quote " marley orocured a new bidy to inhabit" sounds like a convert.

Just says first munch, it's not definitive as being wolf munch. Likely, but also possible Scrooge got his convert and the SKs got a munch.

Rule nothing out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Maybe the task is to misread the post.

giphy.gif
    Do you think there is a shared wolves and serial killers comms room where they can all chat together?
    Make sure to make a few of these to hang on your tree. Very festive xmas tree decoration.

LOLNBVh.jpg
    744R0LH.gif
    If its obvious then any chance you can spell it out for us?
    I'd treat pinnapple on a pizza the same way as I would sweetcorn on a pizza. I have no issues with them being on pizzas, but I'll be ripping them off my slice before eating it.
    Tried to check out xmas forum, not allowed entry.

Boards.ie Message Gertrude WW, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Discusting advise.
    Dont speculate??

But, back to Oisin.

In summary, Die Hard is an xmas movie.

But there no santas in it, boo hoo, so what. There was a santa hat, an xmas party , its xmas time, it an xmas movie.

Where is santa in its a wonderful life?

Xmas soundtrack, tick.

Listed as xmas movie in almost every xmas movie list, tick.

Get over it, its an xmas movie.

mic drop.

All of Gertie's posts. There is really only one in that list of particular substance which suggests that the first port of call is Fiona and Oisin for discussion. Both could be good.

Aside from the death, we now have more info which is always good for us.

The wolf team might be five members - Scrooge, Marlay and the 3 spirits.
    I am just not sure what the increase/decrease parts of the OP would relate to. The increase possibly is Scrooge getting Marlay to his team? But the bold part says Marlay visited Scrooge, which seems odd to me?

I think Tiny Tim might have some bullets (shotgun walking stick) which is always good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Just says first munch, it's not definitive as being wolf munch. Likely, but also possible Scrooge got his convert and the SKs got a munch.

Rule nothing out

SK kills are not referred to as munches though, thats my reasoning. Not ruling anything out of course

Gertie a surprising choice for munch. I'd have thought they would be hunting Tiny Tim. Thankfully we are dealing with stupid wolves!

Someone asked me why Oisin, purely style of posting pushes me to make me think hes a wolf trying to row through. The Gertie kill as speculated may be to put heat on me but sure we'll see. Pretty stupid move if it was

Rule nothing out

Think terminology-wise "munch" has always been wolves, and Serial Killers kill. But I suppose we can't be too careful

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Gertie a surprising choice for munch. I'd have thought they would be hunting Tiny Tim. Thankfully we are dealing with stupid wolves!

Someone asked me why Oisin, purely style of posting pushes me to make me think hes a wolf trying to row through. The Gertie kill as speculated may be to put heat on me but sure we'll see. Pretty stupid move if it was

Did we even know of Tiny Tim prior to munch? Why would they be hunting for someone not in the OP?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Did we even know of Tiny Tim prior to munch? Why would they be hunting for someone not in the OP?

No, it was speculated yesterday, Tiny Tim can turn scrooge good IMO, thats my thoughts and if the wolves had any sense they'd be thinking that too.

Original OP: "The village have a priest, interrogator, seer, vigilante and maybe some other roles as well."

Updated OP: "The village have a priest, interrogator, seer, vigilante and maybe some other roles as well.
    Update: Tiny Tim (Vigilante) - Has a gun and will receive a bullet each day."

So they'd've known there was a vig just not the rules and that he was called Tiny Tim

No, it was speculated yesterday, Tiny Tim can turn scrooge good IMO, thats my thoughts and if the wolves had any sense they'd be thinking that too.

However I'm completely wrong now following the update :(

• Advertisement

Well your thinking is wrong as per the updated OP :cool:

Well your thinking is wrong as per the updated OP :cool:

I like your sunnys, never seeing a wolf wearing sunnys.

I jest of course.

It is quite probable that one or more wolves have posted after the munch. I am suggesting that the following be investigated further today.

Brendan
    Holly
    Barbara
    Vernon
    Henry
    Isla
    Riona
    Steve
    Mary
    Fiona

My gut says there are more than one baddun in the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I say, MrsFlushdraw. Your notice of Gertrude’s demise was positively ugsome.

Maybe it was Pter or LoughC who wrote that? I was asked to post it up, makes me look bad though :eek:

It is quite probable that one or more wolves have posted after the munch. I am suggesting that the following be investigated further today.

Brendan
    Holly
    Barbara
    Vernon
    Henry
    Isla
    Riona
    Steve
    Mary
    Fiona

My gut says there are more than one baddun in the above.

:pac::pac::pac:

Love the inclusion of your own name. How do you propose we whittle down this large amount of names?

And why are you discounting everyone else....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Steve WW wrote: »

On this, if Marlay was a convert this morning it throws open a few things to consider.

Did wolves get a choice between convert or kill?
    Or was the convert destined to happen anyway, like the appearance of Tiny Tim.
    The OP says no tasks in the game thread, but in other stories there's been tasks in backrooms so I wonder did the bad teams need to compete for the kill. Has happened before.

Munch sounds like a wolf kill as opposed to SK kill. I'm a bit torn between taking flavour as flavour and not discounting anything. The kill notice is a clear sign of this - it talks of Tim's gun, and I've just noticed the updated OP where Tim has a gun so flavour is definitely more than flavour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    All of Gertie's posts. There is really only one in that list of particular substance which suggests that the first port of call is Fiona and Oisin for discussion. Both could be good.

Aside from the death, we now have more info which is always good for us.

The wolf team might be five members - Scrooge, Marlay and the 3 spirits.
    I am just not sure what the increase/decrease parts of the OP would relate to. The increase possibly is Scrooge getting Marlay to his team? But the bold part says Marlay visited Scrooge, which seems odd to me?

I think Tiny Tim might have some bullets (shotgun walking stick) which is always good.
    I think Fiona and Oisín would be a good starting point.

Fiona - you say his posting style is wolfie, what is it about him that makes him wolfy, when there was nothing of substance in day 0?

And Oisín - Fiona has thrown shade on you a few times. But you haven’t really given a response beyond the usual “trying to get involved”. I’m not pointing one way or another, just trying to start somewhere.

Maybe it was Pter or LoughC who wrote that? I was asked to post it up, makes me look bad though :eek:

The mutilation of poor old Gertie's genitals leads me to believe you are responsble :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

Love the inclusion of your own name. How do you propose we whittle down this large amount of names?

And why are you discounting everyone else....

I am not discounting anybody, sir! I simply feel that one should look at all of the above first. Isn’t a list of 10 better than a list of 22?

And I am not above suspicion.

• Advertisement

I am not discounting anybody, sir! I simply feel that one should look at all of the above first. Isn’t a list of 10 better than a list of 22?

And I am not above suspicion.

I'm just a bit confused as to why target the 'after/before' munch posters. We had a wolf cub do that in the last game to throw around a bit of confusion so it makes me wary of someone doing the exact same thing in this one.

Advertisement