Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

My gut also tells me Clodagh and Mary are downright evil and a team. But it may be this mornings gruel repeating on me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    My gut also tells me Clodagh and Mary are downright evil and a team. But it may be this mornings gruel repeating on me.

On what basis?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm just a bit confused as to why target the 'after/before' munch posters. We had a wolf cub do that in the last game to throw around a bit of confusion so it makes me wary of someone doing the exact same thing in this one.

A few stories back there was a player who used a formula that (if my memory serves me well) was quite accurate.

Mary WW wrote: »
    On what basis?

On my gut, do keep up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I think Fiona and Oisín would be a good starting point.

Fiona - you say his posting style is wolfie, what is it about him that makes him wolfy, when there was nothing of substance in day 0?

And Oisín - Fiona has thrown shade on you a few times. But you haven’t really given a response beyond the usual “trying to get involved”. I’m not pointing one way or another, just trying to start somewhere.

I didn't bother responding to her again as there are some people that just make up there mind and there is nothing you can do about it. She seemed to pick my name from nowhere and is now stuck on it.

RIP Gertie - horrible way to die.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

A few stories back there was a player who used a formula that (if my memory serves me well) was quite accurate.

Was that not based on there always being a wolf or two in the first five posters on the thread, not around munch times?
    We're referring to Westworld, right?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c1638a0786469306f491dfb

First post, standard gif, in early not really suspicious
    We could have a WW drinking game, a drink for every mention of:

Eager posters
    Low posters
    Fluff
    FFA

Start of fluff
    @Gabriel

200.gif

Would be a bit strange if there were no Santa gifs in the Christmas game!

Maybe he's just excited to play
    Probably trying to boost his post count

First minor accusation, also from someone boosting post count. Which made me throw a little accusation
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Oisin is a wolf

Steve feels a bit dodge

What about you? Where's your thoughts?

Jesus you try to have a bit of fun on D0 and get labeled a wolf!

Gets defensive, but at least responded
    This could be a good shout as his character changes by the end of the movie

Agreeable villager pointing out obvious in response to scrooge coming good at the end. Everyone knows that, posting for the sake of it

There then follows a load of attempted gifs and die hard talk from someone who insinuated someone else was trying to buff their post count when in fact that's what he did yesterday.
    I didn't bother responding to her again as there are some people that just make up there mind and there is nothing you can do about it. She seemed to pick my name from nowhere and is now stuck on it.

Initially I did pick it for a pop to gauge reaction. I didn't like reaction so I'd now like to hang you

Was that not based on there always being a wolf or two in the first five posters on the thread, not around munch times?
    We're referring to Westworld, right?

I remember that alright and it was early posters in the thread. Presumably wolves are also likely to be somewhat active pre or post munch. One of them would be online in case a change needs to made although not likely on day 0 (a change that is)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Fiona - you say his posting style is wolfie, what is it about him that makes him wolfy, when there was nothing of substance in day 0?

And Oisín - Fiona has thrown shade on you a few times. But you haven’t really given a response beyond the usual “trying to get involved”. I’m not pointing one way or another, just trying to start somewhere.
    First post, standard gif, in early not really suspicious

Start of fluff

Maybe he's just excited to play

First minor accusation, also from someone boosting post count. Which made me throw a little accusation

Gets defensive, but at least responded

Agreeable villager pointing out obvious in response to scrooge coming good at the end. Everyone knows that, posting for the sake of it

There then follows a load of attempted gifs and die hard talk from someone who insinuated someone else was trying to buff their post count when in fact that's what he did yesterday.

Initially I did pick it for a pop to gauge reaction. I didn't like reaction so I'd now like to hang you

The on thread discussion was about Die Hard so I got involved, more than can be said for some!

Fwiw it's worth Fiona there's actually some decent merit to your argument on Oisin. That little bit of shade there is pretty wolfy.

Elsewhere I'd be looking at Nigel being a bit naughty too tbh. Defending fluffy day 0. Interesting to see what stance they take today.

And Desmond as well. Didn't like their filler posts last night in the Die Hard discussion

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Gruesome death for Gertie R.I.P

As it's the first one, her posts are def worth looking into, as there is no mountain of them to wade through.
    Maybe the task is to misread the post.

no tasks, so I don't think this is anything.
    giphy.gif

early day 0 gif fun
    Do you think there is a shared wolves and serial killers comms room where they can all chat together?

Where did that come from? did the person she was talking of suggest something similar as I saw no hint of that in the OP
    Make sure to make a few of these to hang on your tree. Very festive xmas tree decoration.

LOLNBVh.jpg

nothing talk, die hard pic
    744R0LH.gif

More Die hard
    If its obvious then any chance you can spell it out for us?

A response to more nonsense Die hard talk iirc saying the non die hard is a christmas movie people are wolves
    I'd treat pinnapple on a pizza the same way as I would sweetcorn on a pizza. I have no issues with them being on pizzas, but I'll be ripping them off my slice before eating it.

I 100% agree with this fluff but still it's fluff
    Tried to check out xmas forum, not allowed entry.

Boards.ie Message Gertrude WW, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Again this post is useless. A lot of Fluff so far, the kind of posting that would get people thinking she may have been a baddie lying low (hopefully not a RP)
    Picks Oisin as his main target for nothing that I can see as different from anyone else.

Shows a bit of .. WTF.. at Fionas targetting.

More Oisin targetting, sure, I think someone else at this stage went to Oisin, just laugh it off.

Lets leave Oisin for a while, let that ferment with others....

Let's talk about scrooge, then..
    probably zero point on speculating at this stage IMO, focus on what's in front of us
    Discusting advise.
    Dont speculate??

What else do we do with a game with shag all to go on?

Back to scrooge again. I'll note the fixation on the wolf team and move on.

Okay, ending the not so helpful dies hard xmas stuff is probably villagery.

But, back to Oisin.

Okay, I have seen a certain player before targetting another for zero reasons before, just for both to survive the munch, so this is possible.

The most horrible stuff out of Fiona is don't speculate.

I'll forgive the Oisin targetting, but if Fiona is wolf, that does not let Oisin off as wolf.

Now, my earlier note, mentioning scrooge and focusing on the wolves, could mean we have a sk here.

If one sk know the id of another, maybe they do some distancing on d0, the way Fiona has been doing to Oisin?

Well, thats my ramble for now.

Fiona possibley still vallagery just picking fight with Oisin so both survive the munch.

If thats the case, Oisin is the innocent victum in Fionas villagers ruse.

Finally some substance here and I guess what is most likely to have gotten Gertie killed. Obviously pointing the finger at Fiona but is that what we are meant to think thanks to Gertie's death? did anyone else have beef with Fiona and might want her in the villages mind for lynch?
    In summary, Die Hard is an xmas movie.

But there no santas in it, boo hoo, so what. There was a santa hat, an xmas party , its xmas time, it an xmas movie.

Where is santa in its a wonderful life?

Xmas soundtrack, tick.

Listed as xmas movie in almost every xmas movie list, tick.

Get over it, its an xmas movie.

mic drop.

Again I agree with this fluff but that does us no good. tbh you could probably whittle Gerties posts down to 2/3 max in terms of what might have made someone target her.

The on thread discussion was about Die Hard so I got involved, more than can be said for some!

Talking about Die Hard wasn't gonna nab a wolf either so I wouldn't hold it against those who didn't get involved in that discussion tbh.

Padding the post count early while accusing others of doing the same. I've made my mind up on you to an extent so i'll see how the day goes and look elsewhere.

Talking about Die Hard wasn't gonna nab a wolf either so I wouldn't hold it against those who didn't get involved in that discussion tbh.

Padding the post count early while accusing others of doing the same. I've made my mind up on you to an extent so i'll see how the day goes and look elsewhere.

Apart from potentially Oisin, would anyone else have had any issues with you so far Fiona?

From checking Gertie's posts one potential reason for killing her may have been to case doubt on yourself given she only really had 1 post of substance in which you were suggested as a wolf.

It is quite probable that one or more wolves have posted after the munch. I am suggesting that the following be investigated further today.

Brendan
    Holly
    Barbara
    Vernon
    Henry
    Isla
    Riona
    Steve
    Mary
    Fiona

My gut says there are more than one baddun in the above.

I'd say given we are looking at 6/7 baddies in total more than 1 from 10 names seems a safe bet. Are you actually suspicious of any of them in particular?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Apart from potentially Oisin, would anyone else have had any issues with you so far Fiona?

From checking Gertie's posts one potential reason for killing her may have been to case doubt on yourself given she only really had 1 post of substance in which you were suggested as a wolf.

I'm on a read back at the moment, I'll come back to this after lunch re other suspicions.

Tbh I liked Gerties post apart from the end where I felt she was fence sitting. She got munched (we think anyway) so odds are she was good. As has been mentioned, tonnes of filler and one juicy post for people to go through. Part of the reason for my read back is the munch throws shade on me or Oisin which could be the wolves plan so it warrants a read back. They may think I was gonna tunnel vision on Oisin following the kill and it was an easy way to stay out of sight for lynch 1

I'd say given we are looking at 6/7 baddies in total more than 1 from 10 names seems a safe bet. Are you actually suspicious of any of them in particular?

Problem I have with that list is 1 in 10 is worse odds the say 6/7 in 22/23. I'd echo Nigels question here! Who's your focus?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

It is quite probable that one or more wolves have posted after the munch. I am suggesting that the following be investigated further today.

Brendan
    Holly
    Barbara
    Vernon
    Henry
    Isla
    Riona
    Steve
    Mary
    Fiona

My gut says there are more than one baddun in the above.

Possibly because I'm included in that list but I'm not sure I'm on board with this list. Odds are that yeah there is at least one wolf in there but I dunno why we should focus on 50% of the players with nothing to go on. What about the other 50%. Why do they get a pass today just because they didn't post around the munch?

Although I suppose it's somewhere to start from. I'm just not too fond of narrowing the suspicion pool.

So I decided to read back through the thread again as it's not too long yet to do so fairly quickly. Gabby is interesting. Steams out of the blocks with multiple Santa gifs then this:

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    In more serious terms -

23 players

Definitely 4 good roles (maybe more)

Scrooge team
    At least three on this (Scrooge and evil spirits which is plural so must be more than one)
    I'd guess there is four no this team to start, Scrooge and the three ghosts. This could increase or decrease according to the OP. Being able to increase makes me think they start with four and could go up to five, but being able to decrease has me thinking they could start with five. Either 4/5 here but I'm going with four to start.

Serial Killers

So that's 6/7 evil players out of 23 to start I reckon, with one of them an alpha and two of them appearing as good half the time.

Scrooge team has a kill a night I'm guessing, whilst the SK description mentions kills each night which could mean there are three kills each night.

Nice handy early game state description - nothing we can't garner by reading OP. Looks useful though.
    It's unfortunate there is a priest really as that would've meant more information provided out in the open. They could be critical in this one given the lack of info on certain aspects.

Again, it's nicely worded - but we all know how the gamestate is when a priest is in play.
    The actual post you are quoting says the the mods said no tasks, why did you post that?

Meh, fair question.
    Hello Vernon,

What do you actually think of what I posted?

Responds to Vernon calling them a helpful wolf.
    Well what exactly were you hoping for? Really useful would require some knowledge from outside the op.

Further elaboration - splitting hairs. Basically saying their breakdown is what most people who read the OP should know.

And.... that's it. Gabs goes very quiet after that, I don't think they've been on since. Helpful early wolf getting their post count up early doors?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Possibly because I'm included in that list but I'm not sure I'm on board with this list. Odds are that yeah there is at least one wolf in there but I dunno why we should focus on 50% of the players with nothing to go on. What about the other 50%. Why do they get a pass today just because they didn't post around the munch?

Although I suppose it's somewhere to start from. I'm just not too fond of narrowing the suspicion pool.

My issue stems from the 'oh they posted around munch' theory which is pretty silly. I mean there's not really any focus on.

Frankly, that list is about as helpful as me saying we should lynch all the people who don't think Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

giphy.gif
    so what your saying is

giphy.gif
    tenor.gif?itemid=10691150
    The eternal struggle to use words or just gif away. Still at the start so how about a mix, a question and a gif

SANTAS_LIST.gif
    Gabs, are you on the naughty or nice list this Christmas?
    The math does seem to line up, i'd say we may have a few more villager roles cos that is plenty of baddies, who i'd presume all have powers to centend with.

I wonder will we get more info on roles later but iirc there was mention of this being a near Vanilla game at one stage so maybe it will be kept simple.
    I talked to Santa during the Jurrasic Park game, he assured me he was putting me on the good list this year and he wouldn't lie.

giphy.gif
    I always find this a weird jab that usually comes up later [not saying your making it], that eager players are a bad thing. If im free when the thread goes up then im posting, hopefully others will do so too.

Seems the whole group have become far more active on day 0 as game players than in the past though.
    I could throw the overly defensive one out as I did actually say in that post that I wasn't saying you were inplying that but don't want to kill Gabs via alcohol poisoning this early.

That said we are already on to maybe there are task posts when its said in the rules there aren't so she may be in trouble anyway.
    Ya can't bayte the Pogues

I hope thees guys are hidden Village characters

Before day 1 mayhem commences I might actualy start watching some Christmas specials to get in the mood. The Office is always a good one to go back to
    Just laugh it off and continue to act as if it's day 0 instead of letting Santa shoot you down with accusations

giphy.gif

unless you are a wolf, then bah hum bug to you
    Only 10 WW posters so far so i'll wait before saying your all wolves cos you knows you could all be lovely lads and ladies and

giphy.gif
    Actually made me go back and check if the Grinch was a character in the OP I missed!
    It would make sense if he could be redeemed but hard to know how that could be done. Maybe he can abandon his team later on if thats the case. We would probably have to be doing pretty well for that to happen. Don't pat yourself on the back too much, I see no reason a wolf wouldn't point that out too as if there are no tasks on thread it's not like we will be able to do something to turn him later as apposed to just catching wolves. That said constructive, so good
    seeing as the are called the evil spirits in the OP I would wager they are evil here anyway.
    Some people’s reactions to stuff so far has been interesting but I don’t know how much solid stuff we had to go by from day 0.

That said there is one thing we should know by now... Die Hard is a Christmas movie!
    On this I’d agree, in recent games there has been a trend on day 0 for some players to start trying to catch wolves much earlier. Not a bad thing that but I would not worry too much about fluffy posts if they occurred on day 0 as I would if they are on going especially if it’s a topic everyone got in on.

In no way does that clear her but maybe she was just poking some bears and seeing how they respond, was there ever even a reason given for the Oisin is bad stuff for example?
    Gruesome death for Gertie R.I.P

As it's the first one, her posts are def worth looking into, as there is no mountain of them to wade through.

no tasks, so I don't think this is anything.

early day 0 gif fun

Where did that come from? did the person she was talking of suggest something similar as I saw no hint of that in the OP

nothing talk, die hard pic

More Die hard

A response to more nonsense Die hard talk iirc saying the non die hard is a christmas movie people are wolves

I 100% agree with this fluff but still it's fluff

Again this post is useless. A lot of Fluff so far, the kind of posting that would get people thinking she may have been a baddie lying low (hopefully not a RP)

Finally some substance here and I guess what is most likely to have gotten Gertie killed. Obviously pointing the finger at Fiona but is that what we are meant to think thanks to Gertie's death? did anyone else have beef with Fiona and might want her in the villages mind for lynch?

Again I agree with this fluff but that does us no good. tbh you could probably whittle Gerties posts down to 2/3 max in terms of what might have made someone target her.

Nigel was slipping in the radar with me, like a lot of other posters at this stage in the game. But he just got my interest when he posted all of Gertie's posts so far - which I had already done earlier today. Why would he do that - possibly just missed my post, but I also got to thinking that maybe he's trying to seem super helpful.

As it caught my attention I went back to examine his posts - all above.
    Very eager starting out and seemed to be interacting with Gabriel a lot of the beginning, maybe to increase post count. Lots of GIFs and messing around between each other. raises some further suspicions.

Some more detailed interaction and views expressed since then though, so I am just noting it at the moment and not saying Nigel is bad.

• Advertisement

Man! Already really thrown here! Am trying to get my head around the OP, roles and statistics regarding the seer peeks :(

Hi by the way. Clodagh checking in :)

^^^^^ opening post from Clodagh and it reeks of saying something for the sake of it. I don’t like it.
    Why?

Asking Nigel why they chosen someone but Nigel never responds.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Task?
    There are no tasks.

Replying to Babs.
    **** sake. I logged in and saw loads of posts and rubbed my hands together thinking “yeay, lots to work through” and it’s a three page debate about die hard and pineapple. Certainly wolves hiding in there.
    An important question for you - may decide your fate! Die hard - Christmas movie or not Christmas movie?
    Never seen it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=6024520
    I tend to only watch... Christmas movies ;)
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    abr.gif

You got me :(
    Steve WW wrote: »
    What...like all year round?

I guess you've never seen home alone then.

Die hard conversation and I’m taking nothing from these apart from the fact they’re about die hard.
    Fiona: Why do you think Oisín is a wolf?

Asking about another players opinion again.
    All of Gertie's posts. There is really only one in that list of particular substance which suggests that the first port of call is Fiona and Oisin for discussion. Both could be good.

Aside from the death, we now have more info which is always good for us.

The wolf team might be five members - Scrooge, Marlay and the 3 spirits.
    I am just not sure what the increase/decrease parts of the OP would relate to. The increase possibly is Scrooge getting Marlay to his team? But the bold part says Marlay visited Scrooge, which seems odd to me?

I think Tiny Tim might have some bullets (shotgun walking stick) which is always good.

Mary and Clodagh guiding the convo towards Oisin & Fiona?

The first post by Clodagh led me to make a note that she’s one to watch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

You might have a touch of IBS; your gut is wrong.

Fair enough.
    My issue stems from the 'oh they posted around munch' theory which is pretty silly. I mean there's not really any focus on.

Frankly, that list is about as helpful as me saying we should lynch all the people who don't think Die Hard is a Christmas movie.

You could say the same as an argument for people only posting when their name is mentioned. Can’t read anything into that at all.

-

Looking at Gerties posts there’s not much there to go on. Hopefully she was an SK (at best) or an NRV, and that we haven’t lost a roled player.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

^^^^^ opening post from Clodagh and it reeks of saying something for the sake of it. I don’t like it.

Asking Nigel why they chosen someone but Nigel never responds.

Replying to Babs.

Die hard conversation and I’m taking nothing from these apart from the fact they’re about die hard.

Asking about another players opinion again.

I had to start somewhere. I couldn’t just post a random gif and hope for the best because I don’t have the technical nous to do that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Hi guys, Im unable to be involved just yet. Extremely busy. Will try find time later to review everything.

Why is it so quiet? Are you all in the workhouse?

Why is it so quiet? Are you all in the workhouse?

I'm here, not much else to really say at the moment. I've gone through the thread three times and posted anything I thought interesting.

We could play a game or something?

Oh a Dickensian parlour game!

Well Charades is at unless Boards has a live webcam feed I'm unaware of...

Well Charades is at unless Boards has a live webcam feed I'm unaware of...

*is out :rolleyes: Stupid Brendan

• Advertisement

I’ve heard of an exciting parlour game called Murder. Some Russian fellow made it up. It’s sounds like such fun.

I’ve heard of an exciting parlour game called Murder. Some Russian fellow made it up. It’s sounds like such fun.

Oh is that the one where the players sit around a table and shout at each other until they decide who to kill? Sounds oddly familiar...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

giphy.gif

Let that be the end of the discussion. I like Gertrude overnight, nice analytics on Fiona/Oisin.

Would agree with Henry though that steering the conversation back to game talk on day 0 gets no village points from me.

Likes Gertrude's work and then Gertrude gets got. Distancing himself from what was to come perhaps?

Likes Gertrude's work and then Gertrude gets got. Distancing himself from what was to come perhaps?

Ah Gabs, nice of you to join us. Got any more pearls of wisdom similar to yesterday...;)

Ah Gabs, nice of you to join us. Got any more pearls of wisdom similar to yesterday...;)

Just reading back now young man

brendan.jpg

Problem I have with that list is 1 in 10 is worse odds the say 6/7 in 22/23. I'd echo Nigels question here! Who's your focus?

Hey Riona, did I miss your answer or was there anyone in particular you were suspicious of in that group of 10?
    Riona wrote:

Oisin and Fiona also implicated somewhat by Gertie's death. Thus leads me to look into Mary and yes I will admit Mary is on my mind after her post about me (btw Mary I gave my opinion on the deads posts simply because id say at this early stage it's the ony time their posts will be low enough in number i'd have the time to do so... same as yours now)

so previous to that post there were 6
    On what basis?

defending herself, no issue there
    On this, if Marlay was a convert this morning it throws open a few things to consider.

Did wolves get a choice between convert or kill?
    Or was the convert destined to happen anyway, like the appearance of Tiny Tim.
    The OP says no tasks in the game thread, but in other stories there's been tasks in backrooms so I wonder did the bad teams need to compete for the kill. Has happened before.

Munch sounds like a wolf kill as opposed to SK kill. I'm a bit torn between taking flavour as flavour and not discounting anything. The kill notice is a clear sign of this - it talks of Tim's gun, and I've just noticed the updated OP where Tim has a gun so flavour is definitely more than flavour.

Not actually saying anything definite but trying to work things out potentially.
    All of Gertie's posts. There is really only one in that list of particular substance which suggests that the first port of call is Fiona and Oisin for discussion. Both could be good.

I am just not sure what the increase/decrease parts of the OP would relate to. The increase possibly is Scrooge getting Marlay to his team? But the bold part says Marlay visited Scrooge, which seems odd to me?

I think Tiny Tim might have some bullets (shotgun walking stick) which is always good.

Not much of this was actually analysis of what Gertie said but that was what it was responding to. tbh I did not think there much in Gertie's posts either bar that one and maybe one other.

more posturing and questions but nothing solid. Guessing this was before Tim was confirmed as the Vig.
    Morning all.
    Did we get a final vote tally?
    DH debate provides a starting point for FFAs today

Die Hard Fluff
    While I am late to the debate I am on the diehard = Christmas movie side of the fence. I'm also reasonably OK with pineapple on pizza, but it wouldn't be in my top 10 choice of toppings

Almost won me around by being on the Die Hard = Christmas movie side (in particuar not saying Xmas but ok with pineapple! :pac:
    Good day everyone. Mary checking in. Work Christmas party last night so feeling the pain today. How' is all the Christmas butchering coming along?

meh,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Lynch form here.

Ho Ho Ho

https://goo.gl/forms/mzYc45XR0j4HTZE12

Ok Ive got a few mintues, 336 posts so wasnt too hard to catch up. Lots of nothing, a few things to note.

Die Hard is a film that takes place on Christmas eve and involves the lead protaginist visiting his wife and kids for Christmas until he is caught up in a robbery. Its a Christmas film as it is set entirely on Christmas Eve.

I did notice mary quoting posts in clumps and analyising them as a whole. So no better person to start with for me.

I like to review posts on if the subject is a wolf or a villager.

Good day everyone. Mary checking in. Work Christmas party last night so feeling the pain today.

How' is all the Christmas butchering coming along?

Fluff, adds nothing.

If a villager, its harmless nothing.

If a wolf its a wolf attempting to blend in and get the post count up without being suss.

While I am late to the debate I am on the diehard = Christmas movie side of the fence.

I'm also reasonably OK with pineapple on pizza, but it wouldn't be in my top 10 choice of toppings.

Ads nothing, same as above.
    Morning all.
    Did we get a final vote tally?
    DH debate provides a starting point for FFAs today :p

Again same as ablove, adds nothing.

Here she multi quotes all of Gerts posts and assesses them as a whole.

Now Mary highlights that Gert wants to focus on Ois and Fiona. She implies that maybe this is what got Gert killed, then says both might be good.

Is this a way of getting suspcion on both Fiona and Oisin? Did she try distance her self from this passive assumption by saying "both could be good. It reads to me like.......... "Gert wanted to focus on these two, but I dont..."

If she thinks they could be good, why highlight it in the first place?

Again my thinking here is under teh assumption Mary is a wolf.

If shes a villager, why imply they are good? on what basis is she thinking they are good ?

On this, if Marlay was a convert this morning it throws open a few things to consider.

Did wolves get a choice between convert or kill?
    Or was the convert destined to happen anyway, like the appearance of Tiny Tim.
    The OP says no tasks in the game thread, but in other stories there's been tasks in backrooms so I wonder did the bad teams need to compete for the kill. Has happened before.

Munch sounds like a wolf kill as opposed to SK kill. I'm a bit torn between taking flavour as flavour and not discounting anything. The kill notice is a clear sign of this - it talks of Tim's gun, and I've just noticed the updated OP where Tim has a gun so flavour is definitely more than flavour.

Discusses some in game mechqanics and theories,

If good then its just thinking aloud and trying to figure thiungs out.

If shes a wolf, shes probably trying to appear helpful.

To be fair, nothing she says her would indoicate shes a wolf in my opinion.
    On what basis?

Here she questions Riona about her assumption that Mary and clodagh are a team.

Her reply is logical if she was good or bad, Riona shakes a tree and she responds.

My dedicution, Riona was looking for a reaction and Mary reacted.

A calm reaction to be fair.

An innocent villager ? perhaps

A cool as a cucumber wolf? Perhaps also.

Nothing to lynch Mary with her though nothing to make me think shes good here also

Nigel was slipping in the radar with me, like a lot of other posters at this stage in the game. But he just got my interest when he posted all of Gertie's posts so far - which I had already done earlier today. Why would he do that - possibly just missed my post, but I also got to thinking that maybe he's trying to seem super helpful.

As it caught my attention I went back to examine his posts - all above.
    Very eager starting out and seemed to be interacting with Gabriel a lot of the beginning, maybe to increase post count. Lots of GIFs and messing around between each other. raises some further suspicions.

Some more detailed interaction and views expressed since then though, so I am just noting it at the moment and not saying Nigel is bad.

Again, multi quoting Nigel here and her analyisis above is based on everything.

Its not a style i favour, its easy to quote all his posts, I prefer to look at each one individually myself, as Im doing here.

Says Nigel was slipping in the radar? Why? What specficly lead you to this Mary?

Thinks its odd that Nigel also multi quoted Gerts post as she did earlier. Why did you find it odd?

You think Nigel is being "super helpful". Is that based off him multi quoting Gerts posts after you or is there more to it.

What did you think of Nigels views?

Your post here could lead me to accuse you of appearing super helpful also?

I would like you to expand on some of your specfic thoughts about Nigel

Also Im gonna analysis peoples posts at random. Just chose Mary first as she was multi quoting earlier

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

What's the point of doing massive multiquotes of people when 90% of the content is D0 fluff. Everyone posted fluff yesterday, just quote the actual relevant stuff.

Otherwise it just clogs the thread and makes it more difficult to read.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Also Im gonna analysis peoples posts at random. Just chose Mary first as she was multi quoting earlier

The more people do this the more something might appear although I agree on responding to each post. Giving an overall afterwards is better than nothing but you can do that as well as the individual ones and now while post counts are low, for most at least, it is more doable.

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    What's the point of doing massive multiquotes of people when 90% of the content is D0 fluff. Everyone posted fluff yesterday, just quote the actual relevant stuff.

Tend to agree. Full person ISOs not required right now, just pick out the relevant posts you find sussy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Gertude was a reasonable munch I think. She was the only one I noticed trying to make any semblance of a case last night. Right or wrong, it definitely would have got the attention of the wolves

Decided to go for Derry next as he has a very managable number of posts
    Sometimes at this point, people can find it difficult to contribute and will jump on a chance to offer their thoughts on a situation. At such an early stage, I wouldn't be moaning about people trying to "defend" someone by just playing Devil's Advocate

I'd mostly agree but if Derry was a wolf this could be diverting away from other wolves being put under scrutiny.

Then there was Jingle all the way movie fluff talk
    I wouldn't rely on anything. Just hate when we can't trust anything. Feel that its often best to at least work on a spectrum of trust rather than a binary

This is one of a few posts about math and the odds of peeks
    Derry WW wrote: »
    2p3n9a.jpg

his opening post, already defensive, but it was actually a joke about someone else over reacting. Up to speed very quick, maybe already watching on from a backroom but tbh there is not enough in his posts to be super suspect yet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Sticking in a random lynch vote now as I'm relatively busy for the rest of the afternoon and don't want to forget and end up modkilled. I realise this is not particularly helpful to the village but I hope to be on more later with actual reads by which to vote.

As I said earlier the only person who was striking me as wolfy yesterday was Gerty so I was well thrown off by her death this morning.

Just reread and nothing from today is particularly sticking out to me but I'll try again later

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Sticking in a random lynch vote now as I'm relatively busy for the rest of the afternoon and don't want to forget and end up modkilled. I realise this is not particularly helpful to the village but I hope to be on more later with actual reads by which to vote.

As I said earlier the only person who was striking me as wolfy yesterday was Gerty so I was well thrown off by her death this morning.

Just reread and nothing from today is particularly sticking out to me but I'll try again later

What made you think wolf? She could have been an SK

Oisin is a wolf

Steve feels a bit dodge

What about you? Where's your thoughts?

Were you just throwing this out there and seeing what reactions you got or do you actually believe this based on the posts on page one?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Afternoon folks. Here for a little bit over lunch. High level read so far seems to have a few posters putting up helpful but not necessarily useful stuff. Going to do a more focused read back on a few players and see what pops up.

Fun wolf turns to defensive wolf!
    We can only see forum games and bizarrely, The Ladies Lounge, so you'll have to use your normal account for the Christmas forum.

Oisin is still a wolf
    On mobile so can't respond to individual sections. So I'll try go in order

I never said drop Oisin, I think he's a wolf, that's it.

The speculation piece your taking out of context, I replied to someone who was speculating on roles that aren't mentioned in the OP, there are some but it might not be worth speculating on them at this point IMO. Unknown roles are likely to be good roles.

I did like your post (despite being aimed at me) till the last piece, I might be a villager and so might Oisin. Of course we might (Oisin not so much), just feels a bit base covering for my liking!
    Fiona: Why do you think Oisis a wolf?
    Gertie a surprising choice for munch. I'd have thought they would be hunting Tiny Tim. Thankfully we are dealing with stupid wolves!

Someone asked me why Oisin, purely style of posting pushes me to make me think hes a wolf trying to row through. The Gertie kill as speculated may be to put heat on me but sure we'll see. Pretty stupid move if it was

You threw out the feeler being "Oisin is a wolf" and continued that in later posts, but then you row back a bit and say you think rather than he is. You do have a good point about the padding the post count thing but I don't really see him being too different from the rest of us near the start.

Katie WW wrote: »

Clues can be found. Whats it clogging? Only 330 plus posts thus far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

User Name |Posts
    Brendan WW |62
    Henry WW| 40
    Steve WW |25
    Nigel WW |24
    Vernon WW |23
    Holly WW |19
    Oisin WW |16
    Gabriel WW |16
    Fiona WW |16
    Riona WW |16
    Clodagh WW |10
    Gertrude WW| 10
    Derry WW|8
    Barbara WW |8
    Mary WW| 7
    Isla WW |7
    Katie WW| 7
    Desmond WW |5
    Conor WW |4
    Angus WW |3
    Phil WW| 2

So by my count we're missing Ewan and Wendy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement