Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I thought the vig might've been Mary. If Ewan is telling the truth, then I'd be looking hard at her.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Well of course I'll leave this up to all of us but I want to shoot Katie as I think she is scrooge and still gives us a shot at getting the sk

I've spent the last while going back over posts....she mentions Tiny Tim A LOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Lads everyone take a step back and cool it with antagonising each other and name calling.

Thanks.

Of course if Ewan is a hairy wolf I've probably just outed the vig...

• Advertisement

Also I can finally post this song yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Only thing Ive listened to for 4 days

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Then the wolf team + sk would appear to be:

Derry, Mary, Phil, Wendy.

Or one of them is town and angus was actually the other sk.

It ain't me.

Just to reiterate, if you shoot me, we are pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Katie WW wrote: »
    It ain't me.

SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It'll be all ok soon :pac:

Unless the village wants someone else

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I've spent the last while going back over posts....she mentions Tiny Tim A LOT

Which you thought were her leaving breadcrumbs for her own vig reveal? She likes talking about breadcrumbs too

The only names ive seen put forward the past few hours were Katie, Henry & someone from the quieter posters so I don't have an issue with Katie but am kinda happy your (Ewan) making the choice and not me.

Just to reiterate, if you shoot me, we are pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Back to running numbers again but doesn't want to confirm herself as not scrooge earlier doesn't want to hunt for the sk today

Then the wolf team + sk would appear to be:

Derry, Mary, Phil, Wendy.

Or one of them is town and angus was actually the other sk.

Damn I keep forgetting Mary exists!

Really don't like her and Phil just being there without being here. At least Wendy has gotten more involved.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Back to running numbers again but doesn't want to confirm herself as not scrooge earlier doesn't want to hunt for the sk today

Hey, you've been a dick to me all game. Your reads are awful, but you have a bullet and there's nothing I can do.

Feel free to give a single *legitimately* wolfy thing I've done. Not fluff, not bull****, not 'feels', just one actual solid fact. Because otherwise you're just being petty at the person who called you out at the start of the game.

Mary WW wrote: »
    All of Gertie's posts. There is really only one in that list of particular substance which suggests that the first port of call is Fiona and Oisin for discussion. Both could be good.

Aside from the death, we now have more info which is always good for us.

The wolf team might be five members - Scrooge, Marlay and the 3 spirits.
    I am just not sure what the increase/decrease parts of the OP would relate to. The increase possibly is Scrooge getting Marlay to his team? But the bold part says Marlay visited Scrooge, which seems odd to me?

I think Tiny Tim might have some bullets (shotgun walking stick) which is always good.
    On this, if Marlay was a convert this morning it throws open a few things to consider.

Did wolves get a choice between convert or kill?
    Or was the convert destined to happen anyway, like the appearance of Tiny Tim.
    The OP says no tasks in the game thread, but in other stories there's been tasks in backrooms so I wonder did the bad teams need to compete for the kill. Has happened before.

Munch sounds like a wolf kill as opposed to SK kill. I'm a bit torn between taking flavour as flavour and not discounting anything. The kill notice is a clear sign of this - it talks of Tim's gun, and I've just noticed the updated OP where Tim has a gun so flavour is definitely more than flavour.
    I can see where you are coming from.
    But I have found full ISOs to be quite useful in the past.
    It's less of an issue at this stage in the game, except with prolific posters.
    What can often be useful is that, for example, I might miss something or the nuance of a particular comment, but another player, seeing the full ISO might pick up on something. It's good team work, and can often reveal changing patterns (more difficult with a long day 0 fluffiness). If there are conversions and/or wolf cubs in a game full ISOs are good to spot the changing style of posting for example for someone who has been converted or activated.

It does become more difficult with high posters undoubtedly.
    Sorry Tiny Tim is.
    Morning all.
    Again, sorry, I am working night shifts this week unexpectedly so I am only able to get on later in the day than others.
    I am completely confused. I have sped read everything today but there is so much happening I can't figure it out.

If we accept that mind control is part of this game it is really difficult to see how two people could be mind controlled at the same time. That seems like an incredibly large power bank to have for one team. As I was reading I was wondering did Santa get a mind control gift for us, but I see that he only got one gift. So it is not that.

I don't know why Tiny Tim shot two people today, but he obviously had reasons and we really need him alive for tomorrow, so I hope he stays low. When you compare the day that Riona had yesterday versus the day that Desmond put in today. Desmond's day mirrors that of Riona. It is possible that he's a wolf acting (less likely to be an SK I would have thought), but if he is bad it seems really strange thing to do.

When you compare Holly however she seems to have been sowing seeds for something unusual for a while and this seems really suss to me. Holly maybe mind controlled Desmond and set him up?

that leaves Steve versus Desmond. I need to ISO Steve a bit but Desmond seems slightly more legitimate to me at face value. Therefore I am inclined to look at voting Steve tonight. If I was looking beyond those two things haven't really say right with Henry for me.

I haven't really caught up enough to consider others yet.
    I am thinking Conor is as close to locked village as anyone can be in this game.
    All others I am suspicious of.
    I also wanted to look at Nigel as Clodagh was very certain about him the previous night and Clodagh seems to have been an apprentice seer.

These are Mary's post's mentioning Tiny Tim. In the first one, TIM is spelt out. That's why I thought she was the vig

And if you want my opinion, shoot Mary.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Damn I keep forgetting Mary exists!

Really don't like her and Phil just being there without being here. At least Wendy has gotten more involved.

I've actually more posts than Derry now btw (I just checked) and given that I didn't even get to engage for the first 2 days I'm kind of impressed by this.

No bullet yet I really hope I haven't been played but If I dont have it before 6 I'll cry

Obviously not accusing Conor of anything yet mods be busy and stuff but I'm paranoid as hell

Mary - Phil - Derry -Wendy is the order I would lynch/shoot in

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

These are Mary's post's mentioning Tiny Tim. In the first one, TIM is spelt out. That's why I thought she was the vig

Sorry, brain freeze here whereis tim spelt out

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »

It looks different when quoted...hang on and I'll link the post instead.

Hey, you've been a dick to me all game. Your reads are awful, but you have a bullet and there's nothing I can do.

Feel free to give a single *legitimately* wolfy thing I've done. Not fluff, not bull****, not 'feels', just one actual solid fact. Because otherwise you're just being petty at the person who called you out at the start of the game.

Dude I haven't been a dick, you are the one throwing around insults.

Ive put forward plenty of reasons why over the last few days you can call it Fluff and my reads being awful if you like and they probably are awful but its all I got :cool:

Ok so, candidates for a bullet

Phil
    Henry
    Katie
    Mary
    Derry
    Wendy

Based on what claims we have. Probably up to 4 baddies there so odds in our favour ish

Conor WW wrote: »

This is the post...it's kind of buried in amongst her quoting a lot of other stuff

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108902364&postcount=284

I'm hoping it's not just my screen now coz I've been building this theory since yesterday and it'd be kinda embarrassing if it was just my view :o

I'll wait till this bullet stuff is done, then vote & name on thread who i'll be checking for Scrooge and then sleep

This is the post...it's kind of buried in amongst her quoting a lot of other stuff

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108902364&postcount=284

I'm hoping it's not just my screen now coz I've been building this theory since yesterday and it'd be kinda embarrassing if it was just my view :o

sometimes wolves would leave breadcrumbs too for a false reveal. Mary would need to be here though for a reveal of any sort.

Name Posts
    Angus WW 259
    Katie WW 239
    Henry WW 214
    Brendan WW 158
    Holly WW 131
    Conor WW 127
    Desmond WW 125
    Ewan WW 116
    Nigel WW 110
    Riona WW 110
    Steve WW 98
    Vernon WW 88
    Wendy WW 84
    Gabriel WW 80
    Derry WW 79
    Clodagh WW 68
    Pter 61
    Barbara WW 52
    Phil WW 40
    Fiona WW 39
    Isla WW 37
    Oisin WW 30
    Mary WW 25
    Gertrude WW 10
    MrsFlushdraw 6
    Loughc 6
    deconduo 2

Dunno if it helps but postcounts above

I'll wait till this bullet stuff is done, then vote & name on thread who i'll be checking for Scrooge and then sleep

Do you die if you get it right?

Dont answer if you feel it gives too much away

sometimes wolves would leave breadcrumbs too for a false reveal. Mary would need to be here though for a reveal of any sort.

Yeah I know. If Ewan is on the up though, then I think we have a nice lynch candidate as a result.

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Dude I haven't been a dick, you are the one throwing around insults.

Ive put forward plenty of reasons why over the last few days you can call it Fluff and my reads being awful if you like and they probably are awful but its all I got :cool:

Sorry, it's just a frustrating game. I know you are probably town, and are going through the exact same things I am.

It's just like I feel like I've been to throwing everything at this game and it's like hitting a brick wall. No one is listening to me, even though I feel like I've proved myself time and time again. No one listened to my about Des, about Holly, about anything. There's no information, and everything is awful. It's emotionally draining.

Advertisement