Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I don’t have a role Nigel.

Henry WW wrote: »
    While we're here, I guess I can answer this now. After Brendan revealed to me he was Bob, he asked me if I had a name. My answer was that I'd better not say. I did not say that I had a role but wouldn't tell him what it was. But that I'd not say if I had a name. I was trying to think of future interogatees who would see it. As a NRV I didn't want to narrow down the pool for the wolves. In fact, my aim in the first day was to try and draw the first munch. So my post that "seer should peek Fiona" was to try and hint at being seer. When Steve mentioned the seer and interrogator working together I gave an emphatic confirmation that they should. I knew I'd struggle to be on this week and my prime role ("R") as an NRV is to protect those with powers against munch attacks. Obviously it didn't work, but that's where I was coming from.

@ Ewan here’s what you missed yesterday evening where I said it all before. And a few posts down which showed some examples where I was trying to draw a munch.

Pffft! You even replied to my post about drawing the munch, Ewan! How’d you mis the one above it?

Will do one at a time as difficult otherwise on the phone...

If one of them was evil and it didn’t suit them to tell the truth?

Okay, Ewan, Nigel, Conor: read my replies to Conor’s accusations from yesterday morning. Read very carefully before making any decisions about my fate. Read with the assumption of me being the NRV that I am rather that the bias of me being a wolf. If you still can’t see how far down the rabbit hole Conor was when making accusations that were simply not true, then there’s no hope for the village.

Nobody seems to have been reading my it’s and it’ll be to the detriment of the village so you’ve one last chance to take a breath and actually read what I’ve been saying and not what you think I’ve been saying before making a fatal error for our team.

Nobody seems to have been reading my posts

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Do you know what henry i think i actually believe you and apologize katie but you should lf be clear now unless ive missed something (i probably have)

Henry while you might feel i rabbit holed you yesterday i did the same to katie and derry and shot phil and helped lynched mary so there is no vendetta.

Its easy enough miss messages here or there but i apologize if you feel i was missing stuff on purpose.

Ive no idea what state the village is in but thats for ye to firgure out ill be dead soon :) best of luck

Just rechecked my PM from the mods. Also the PM from mods of the last game where I was NRV. Both times I was told that I had been assigned the ‘role of NRV’ for anyone doubting that NRV is a role. Check it out yourselves if you’ve been NRV this or previous games.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Do you know what henry i think i actually believe you and apologize katie but you should lf be clear now unless ive missed something (i probably have)

Henry while you might feel i rabbit holed you yesterday i did the same to katie and derry and shot phil and helped lynched mary so there is no vendetta.

Its easy enough miss messages here or there but i apologize if you feel i was missing stuff on purpose.

Ive no idea what state the village is in but thats for ye to firgure out ill be dead soon :) best of luck

No offense taken from you Ewan. It was mostly Conor I was really pissed at for the long list of untrue accusations. I mean demonstrably untrue. I’m sure he genuinely believes them too but that’s more frustrating. At least with a wolf you can see why they’d want to paint you in a bad light. I’m also calmer today after a decent sleep but yesterday I was wired through a sh!t day on top of all the unfounded accusations here.

And while I’m here, Conor, sorry for calling you a douche. It was a much milder word than I wanted to use at the time though. I still expect the apology from you after the game for your rabbit holing of me.

Lynch 1 Lynch 2 Lynch 3 Lynch 4
    Conor WW Gabriel WW Riona WW Phil WW Mary WW
    Derry WW Fiona WW Riona WW Steve WW Henry WW
    Ewan WW Fiona WW Katie WW Steve WW Mary WW
    Henry WW Fiona WW Desmond WW Steve WW Derry WW
    Katie WW Oisin WW Riona WW Desmond WW Mary WW
    Mary WW Katie WW Riona WW Steve WW Henry WW
    Nigel WW Fiona WW Riona WW Katie WW Henry WW
    Wendy WW Riona WW Vernon WW Steve WW Mary WW

Not sure what you're looking for. He said if he picked a wolf then both would die in the morning.

We discussed the Fiona lynch and who voted for her. I noted that he and I were the first two to vote for her (I thought I was speaking to Nigel), so were less bandwagony. But that maybe there was a wolf elsewhere in her votes.

I asked was he wolf-hunting (and then happy to sacrifice himself by dying when taking a wolf with him) or villager hunting to build a core, and he said he was looking to build a core. I took that to mean that he had a villager lean on me, but also that either I or Steve would have been good candidates for a convert so it was a gamble.

Asked him whether I should say on thread that I'd been interrogated and the conditions. He said I could if I liked and to mention that the interrogator / seer combo wouldn't work.

Said he was going to stay offline until the next day. Suggested I think about whether to reveal or not as the wolves might munch me if I revealed too early. Said that I had been about to post about being interrogated but that holding off probably was better after all and would reveal closer to munch. He said that by then we'd either both be dead or none if I was bad, but that he was fairly confident that I wasn't but couldn't be sure. He suggested, if I wanted to, that I add a lie to my reveal that while under interrogation people are protected from being killed (evidently, I didn't include this).

A bit of chat about other players.

Mentioned his code words for good and evil. I only saw this the next morning as I'd gone to bed and replied that it was a good idea.

Asked him his character name, and said I'd leave a hidden message that he could refer to if he wanted to reveal as proof of his identity in case I die or am converted.

Told him that I was on Riona and Holly at the moment but that if either were wolves then wolves would be mad to convert me as a turn around on my focus on them would be very obvious.

Told me his name and asked had I one. I told him I'd better not say. His OP had said that e knew my account identity but I was only signed in as John Doe so to not reveal it as future interogatees would see it. I'd done a crap job of hiding who I was, things like saying: "you and I were first to vote for Fiona" would have been a giveaway in that context. But I thought saying too much else might help the evils if later interrogated. So I told him I'd better not say. I can expand on this if you really want, but doing so I think will only help the wolves.

Mentioned that I'd replied to him on thread and hidden my NIG BOB post. It had seemed to make absolute perfect sense to me that I was talking to the same person when talking to Nigel on Boards and Brendan on CoP. He had said he'd not be on until tomorrow and both were online. I never doubted once that it was Nigel, and that could be my downfall. I only did the #FFAVig thing for Nigel because I thought he was somebody I could trust. I'd have been a lot more wary otherwise.

He mentioned that either Brendan or I were likely to be for the munch, or a third player he mentioned. Won't say who.

Des had come up a lot in conversation when discussing other players, and he said that he thought Brendan was on to something with him. We had both agreed that we thought Brendan was good, and that his points were worth looking in to. So, I did an ISO and came to a neutral conclusion, including that he had mentioned voting for Fiona early so he was less likely to be the supposed wolf among her votes.

He said that if Fiona turned out to be good then Henry would look suspicious. I took this as a final "get me out of the hole I'd dug myself into" ploy for future interogatees to maybe confuse them and think that maybe it wasn't Henry in there after all. So I played along and said that yeah, if Fiona turned out to be good then Henry would need to be looked at but that I had a village lean on him so far.

He mentioned Derry (positively), and I did a quick ISO on him. Came up with a few oddities but more around people who thanked his posts than anything he'd written himself and ended up neutral on him.

His last words were about Desmond which is why I voted for him last night. He said that he knew that I liked Desmond but not to give him a free pass and that he agreed with Brendan in that he (Des) was a better player than he was letting on, and to push him for his reads like he'd promised.

That's pretty much it. The minutia detail of who he liked and who he wasn't sure about I've left out. It was Desmond he mostly had concerns about.

Tried to be totally honest all game, but some things I left vague. Can clarify a bit on the above now on the two bolded bits.

The first, was my first explanation of my alleged: "admitting I had a role but not saying which". I said above that I would expand on what I meant but that if I did it would only help the wolves. Again, I would have admitted to being a NRV if the above needed clarification but, same as before, admitting it would narrow down the pool of targets for the wolves, so I didn't want to go further in to it then.

The second, for what it's worth, is that he thought Angus might have been up for the chop that morning. Again, I didn't want the wolves to know who Brendan thought was good.

• Advertisement

Oh, now that I know Derry is a wolf, my conversation with Brendan is proving more interesting.

He liked Derry, said that he made his points well that his voting last on Fiona should be noted. [Sorry Bren, didn't remember it until re-reading our conversation just now]

Since he mentioned Derry I said I'd give a read-through (which is what I was doing when Brendan posted the Turkey / Jack Frost thing that I didn't register properly).

What I wrote about my ISO:

Early posts were mostly fluff or in conversation with just one person, Brendan (remember I thought I was talking to Nigel at the time of reporting my ISO) until 2.45pm when he finally acknowledged another player, Katie. I thought it interesting that Barbara had thanked quite a few of his posts and noted that I'd actually forgotten that Barbara was even playing the game (sorry Babs!). Noted that he'd copied Barbara's FFA exactly. Also noted that Conor thanked Derry's FFA which had seemed odd since Conor had totally different people on his FFA. (Derry's = Angus, Riona, Fiona, Conor's = Gabriel, Mary). My conclusion was no lean one way or another, but that Conor and Babs were worth looking into later.

7 of us left:

Conor - Santa
    Derry
    Ewan - Vig
    Henry - NRV
    Katie - NRV
    Nigel - Belle
    Wendy - ?

How many wolves are left? Derry HAS to be one.

If there's more than one, then unfortunately it leaves Wendy as another. I say "unfortunately" because I've liked her for village, especially since her nice helpful table of events thus far.

If it's anyone else, then I take it back about the wolves not having played well, you've done a brilliant job with the rolled claims.

We had 8 wolves to start with, 5 on Scrooge, and 3 on SKs, right?

Scrooge - ?
    Marley - ?
    Past - ?
    Present - Oisin
    Future - Isla

Old Joe - ?
    The Undertaker - ?
    Cub - Fiona

So five unknowns. Of which Desmond and Mary are definitely ones. I think Steve was too, but I think I might be in the minority on that. Phil probably was one too. And Derry is definitely one.

So if it's just Derry, we need to lynch him and the village have won.

I'm wrong about Steve then Derry + Wendy.

If I'm wrong about Phil too, then Derry + Wendy + one of the "confirmed" which would be super-play if true.

All this is based on me knowing that I'm good. Obviously you guys will go for me sooner than some of the above. At the very least pop Derry before me. I'd forgive you for picking me before Wendy. And I'd fecking nearly pick myself over one of the confirmed too so no hard feelings if it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Pter wrote: »
    The village got together and made a really weak cup of tea for Mary WW.

Sure they barely showed the teabag to the cup.

They gave it to Mary WW and she took a drink.

Mary WW died from the lack of decent flavour

(sorry guys on my own tonight).

Had a good LOL at that, it twas a good flavour, twas funny

But I am back now :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So, taking Henry’s helpful table from this
    Morning

Conor - Santa
    Derry- unknown
    Ewan - Vig
    Henry -NRV
    Katie - NRV
    Nigel - Belle
    Wendy - unknown

The Santa and vig claims are locked or as good as at this point

Belle hasn’t been contested but isn’t a guarantee

Katie has been checked on a couple of levels- if nigel is good Katie is likely good (only way I figure she can’t be is some odd SK thing)

Henry is peeked good so likely can only be NRV or Scrooge (is SK an option)

Wendy unpeeked but has been a useful village player last couple of rounds

Derry unpeeked, needs to explain that vote bit last night a little more.

Wolves and sk have a choice this morning: there’s power roles to pick from but they also need to eliminate the competition. Sk in particular is likely to be down to 1 so it’s still a long walk unless wolves start disappearing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

7 of us left:

Conor - Santa
    Derry
    Ewan - Vig
    Henry - NRV
    Katie - NRV
    Nigel - Belle
    Wendy - ?

How many wolves are left? Derry HAS to be one.

If there's more than one, then unfortunately it leaves Wendy as another. I say "unfortunately" because I've liked her for village, especially since her nice helpful table of events thus far.

If it's anyone else, then I take it back about the wolves not having played well, you've done a brilliant job with the rolled claims.

We had 8 wolves to start with, 5 on Scrooge, and 3 on SKs, right?

Scrooge - ?
    Marley - ?
    Past - ?
    Present - Oisin
    Future - Isla

Old Joe - ?
    The Undertaker - ?
    Cub - Fiona

So five unknowns. Of which Desmond and Mary are definitely ones. I think Steve was too, but I think I might be in the minority on that. Phil probably was one too. And Derry is definitely one.

So if it's just Derry, we need to lynch him and the village have won.

I'm wrong about Steve then Derry + Wendy.

If I'm wrong about Phil too, then Derry + Wendy + one of the "confirmed" which would be super-play if true.

All this is based on me knowing that I'm good. Obviously you guys will go for me sooner than some of the above. At the very least pop Derry before me. I'd forgive you for picking me before Wendy. And I'd fecking nearly pick myself over one of the confirmed too so no hard feelings if it comes to that.

Morning Henry. If you genuinely are NRV then your calculations mean one of two things. Either we are in a much better situation than I thought and Derry is the final evil or we have been utterly played. Im guessing we will have a better idea come the munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Putting this out here, but very little of the suspicion coming my way from Henry is based on anything other than him spamming continually that he's an NRV, therefore he presumes I must be a baddy.

I'm not.

Feels now as if it's about to be 2 vs 1 vs 1, or 3 vs 1.

I've had my suspicions of Henry since the start, and have been vocal. I don't believe Nigel's story at all (despite how quickly everyone just bought into it). And Katie's play has been the most anti-village to me from the start.

Particularly with Katie...demanding mass role reveals, which has presented a munch order for the wolves. Even took herself off the list of potential munches late in the game too by identifying as an NRV, meaning she was a dead cert to live till the end. But Nigel had his inane ISOs on day one that tried gaslighting the game too, to make himself look amazing.

Can't be all three bad (right?) so at a guess, it's Katie and Nigel as the last two bads.

And quietness descends once more.
    And again I point out, that's not a good sign!

Derry WW wrote: »
    And quietness descends once more.
    And again I point out, that's not a good sign!

Morning Derry

Happy to have a conversation

Why didn't you switch to Mary last night? Looks like you were following the thread around the time it all went down so......

Conor WW wrote: »
    Morning Derry

Happy to have a conversation

Why didn't you switch to Mary last night? Looks like you were following the thread around the time it all went down so......

Mary was a goner regardless. If I had switched, would you have thought it was anything other than lumping on the bandwagon?

Mary was a goner regardless. If I had switched, would you have thought it was anything other than lumping on the bandwagon?

So you acknowledge you were following it

Mary lost out 4 votes to 3, she was far from a gonner. Two voters, Henry and Nigel, had already said they'd be away

And when the two closest things to lock village in play suggest a vote then jumping on that bandwagon is pretty much the default village play.

• Advertisement

Ah, it's convenient that Henry and Nigel get their votes excused cause they were "away". You're addressing the issue with the benefit of hindsight. Henry hadn't said who he was voting for, and had Nigel? had Nigel said he was voting Henry?

Much as Henry voted me, I was voting him cause I felt it was going to be a rout over Mary anyway.

OK, some thoughts before 10 in case I'm munched

If there is a wolf and SK team still in play its complicated

If theres only one team its easier. Des indicated his SK buddy waqs dead but Des lied a lot. We find out at 10 I guess.

If the SK'd are dead then the only unpeekable player is scrooge

Nigel I'd suggest you check Henry next so

Nigel could be bluffing but Steve called Holly NRV so I think Des lied in which case Belle is in play. I think Steve was good but overplayed things

If Nig is good and the SK's are gone then Katie is good it seems. In that case we have enough town to win I think

If an SK is still in play we need to extrapolate on the above.

Wolves and SK have been very good and sneaky this game so who knows if I've missed anything

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Good morning village!

*Charles Dickens, Village Priest, has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated*

*An apprentice to Mr. Dickens has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated*

*Fezziwig the SK Cub / SK to be has been revealed to ecist - the OP has been updated*

Just 3 days now to Christmas and the villagers were thinking that the killing spree might be over now. They still hadn't finished decorating the main tree in the village square. They had Elmor the Smith to make a beautiful lifesize Angel for the top of the tree.

Miss Melanie the apprentice baker was leaving early in the morning to head to work. She had a few extra things to do to make sure everyone had enough bread and mince pies for over the Festive period. She was in a happy mood as she turned towards the centre of town.

"Wonderful" she thought, Elmor got the job done and she excitedly made her may to see the Tree up close.

Just before the steps to the square, there was a tree drawn on the ground in a dark red colour. A few steps up there was a stone with a piece of paper on it. Melanie lifted the paper to see what it said.

"Old Elmor was on the sauce, I heard you needed a Tree Topper, happy to help"

She looked up, it was no angel that was on the tree! it was a body with the point of the tree going right up a ladies private parts and the tip of the tree came out of her open mouth.

Katie WW had a festive death, may she rest in peace.

Elsewhere in the village, someone else saw a strange sight. One of the villagers seemed to be stuck feet first into the chimney pot. Eric Green got his dad to get the Police while he stayed and watched. There was no movement from the person anyway.

After the Firebrigade got the body out, there was something written on his back.
    "See if you can get out of this chimney SANTA Ho Ho Ho"

Conor WW was dead.

We are bringing forward the schedule for today.

Any power actions will take place at 11.

The lynch will take place at 12.

Ah, it's convenient that Henry and Nigel get their votes excused cause they were "away". You're addressing the issue with the benefit of hindsight. Henry hadn't said who he was voting for, and had Nigel? had Nigel said he was voting Henry?

Much as Henry voted me, I was voting him cause I felt it was going to be a rout over Mary anyway.

that's kind of my point as to why your vote mattered

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You ded Conor.

Katie and Connor.

So that's Ewan, Nigel, Wendy, Henry and me left, right?

Hello? Is anyone there?

Im out and about today. Katie was a strange choice. Have to assume that was the remaining SK going for who they thought was a wolf. Given that so many thought Derry was the remaining wolf that makes me think that you might be the last SK.
    Also think we are in trouble now if Katie wasn't a wolf.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Im out and about today. Katie was a strange choice. Have to assume that was the remaining SK going for who they thought was a wolf. Given that so many thought Derry was the remaining wolf that makes me think that you might be the last SK.
    Also think we are in trouble now if Katie wasn't a wolf.

I'd wager a guess Katie was attacked specifically to throw shade on me.

Only reason to leave the vig alive is if they are confident they won't be shot.

• Advertisement

It's 3 vs 1+1. And I haven't a notion who is who. I hate living until endgame.

Advertisement