Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,863 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

BattleCorp wrote: »

Face facts, none of this would have happened if:

a. The mortgage was paid.

b. The farmers obeyed the court order and left the bank's property without a struggle.

Facts are the enemy of the plebs and mob.
    The snowflakes feel that what happened is wrong, so to hell with facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anna kavanagh is doing a live feed with Gerry o Boyle now. He says these evictions are constantly happening in rural areas. Michael fitzmaurice was also on the live feed earlier.

I saw her writing about this on broadsheet.ie
    She comes across as a bit of a loon, a Ben Gilroy type going on about 'foreigners' taking over Irish land. Evoking Cromwell and all that stuff as well.

God, some people are just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭boetstark

riemann wrote: »
    LOL a unionist trying to infer someone else is thick.

Wow einstein you seem to know alot about unionists. Is this another sectarian jibe that all folk of a unionist persuasion are mentally inferior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I've seen the video. What disgraceful treatment did he receive. I saw him on the ground with the security guys pinning him down. Neither you nor I know what led to that but I can assure you it wasn't because he was minding his own business on the street.

I didn't see the security lads thumping the fcuk out of anyone. I saw them doing no more than any bouncer would do on a Saturday night.

You can argue that the security aren't licenced, I can't say if they are or aren't.

doesn't matter, the goons dished out disgraceful treatment to a former agent of the state. they aren't entitled to engage in such behaviour. what other's supposibly did or didn't do is irrelevant.

b. The farmers obeyed the court order and left the bank's property without a struggle.

face facts, all of that is irrelevant. there was no justification for the behaviour of those carying out the eviction.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

face facts, all of that is irrelevant. there was no justification for the behaviour of those carying out the eviction.

LOLZ.

Yeap, its irrelevant alright that this guy has not reportedly paid back a cent of the loan he agreed back in 2004,
    nor the fact that he owed and cheated the taxpayer out of €450,000,
    or a local businessman out of €18,000,
    or the fact that there is a court order asking him to leave his farm,
    or the fact a gang of 20 people attacked 8 men going about their lawful duty, killing a dog and burning out a bunch of cars while at it...

All of this is 'irrelevant' because of some facebook video that shows not much at all.

About 25 years ago, you would be the type of person trying to defend old priests from being sent to jail because they raped little boys and girls because of some other 'facts'.

As, I keep saying. Some people are just so stupid and immoral.

Justice must be spread evenly, have Sean Fitzpatrick, Sean Quinn, David Drumm and Sean Dunne been evicted? It cannot be a 'them and us' justice system. Irish culture knows injustice and reacts violently to it.

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/12/04/surely-we-deserve-full-transparency/?fbclid=IwAR3ztQUTsb83hcK9N7xN2hRIQ9TC9Ruf-gNY47-7QLiV4RQput1Xfuf3efI
    In May of last year, the then Taoiseach Enda Kenny told the Dáil that the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) would provide a full report into the collapse of the trial of former Anglo Irish Bank chief Seán FitzPatrick.
    The Business and Enterprise Minister Heather Humphreys was interviewed by Áine Lawlor on RTÉ’s News at One this afternoon about the refusal to publish the full report and the decision to, instead, publish a 30-page summary-like document about the shortcomings.
    The following exchange came after Ms Humphreys – who said she intends to turn the ODCE into an independent statutory agency and said the ODCE has since received more money and staff – insisted the ODCE is doing a “lot of good work”.
    Áine Lawlor: “We have heard all these promises about transparency and accountability and resources and all the rest before. The track record, as you’ve referred to yourself, is patchy to say the least.
    “Now, the Cabinet, the Government has, according to media reports, a 235-page report from the ODCE, with 3,000 pages of appendices, going through all the previous failings. Now given that Anglo Irish and IBRC, between them cost the Irish State and taxpayer nearly €35billion and that debt is still there in the national debt – why should the public not have the fullest account?
    “Why are we only getting this 30 pages that you’ve published today?”
    “Surely we deserve full transparency here?”
    Heather Humphreys: “Yeah, well I just want to say that I’d like to be able to publish this report but I can’t. Because of legal advice, I would be contravening the Companies Act, if I did so – that’s why I have, today, published an account of the shortcomings identified by Judge Aylmer…I just want to make sure that what happened in the past, and it is historic now, will not happen again.”

From April & nothing since - arent the media just wonderful. Earn your keep of go bust, social media will ruin you.
    Sean FitzPatrick’s wife claiming about €6m in assets
    Catriona FitzPatrick tells High Court the couple did not lead an extravagant lifestyle
    Wed, Apr 25, 2018
    Mr FitzPatrick was declared bankrupt with assets of some €47 million and debts of €147 million, and has since exited bankruptcy.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/sean-fitzpatrick-s-wife-claiming-about-6m-in-assets-1.3473894

Dont think you`d find loyalist thugs being hired to beat up and throw Seanie on the side of the road.
    Former Anglo Irish Bank chairman, Sean FitzPatrick, had a €22m pension fund from Anglo Irish Bank when he retired as CEO in 2005, he told the High Court.
    He and his wife Catriona took €5m of that out in cash and used it to help fund investments, he said.
    The court is deciding whether Mrs FitzPatrick has a €6m beneficial interest in 18 assets despite her husband having being declared a bankrupt in 2010 and from which he has since exited.
    Later securities included the interests the couple has in investment portfolios with stockbrokers, Bloxham, Davy, NCB, Morgan Stanley, Merrion and the Quinlan fund.
    Other securities, held by their children, included in relation to first legal charges over four flats in London and another in Bray, Co Wicklow, Mr FitzPatrick said.
    By 2007 there were 29 items of additional security, none which were part of the disputed 18 assets before the court, he said.
    He believed the rough value of those additional securities was some €40m but said that was an understated valuation because they also included a Nigerian oil field which was only valued at €15m for the purpose of security but was, he said, actually valued at some €38m.
    The case resumes on Tuesday.

So does anyone know what happened that Tuesday back in April?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/sean-fitzpatrick-had-a-22m-pension-fund-from-anglo-irish-bank-court-hears-839743.html
    The banker, who had previously claimed his income was down to just €188 a month, pitched up at the swanky Smurfit-owned K Club — where rooms can cost €900 a night — for the wedding. The following year, brazen FitzPatrick even had the neck to line out at a lavish testimonial dinner for rugby legend Brian O’Driscoll at the exclusive Grosvenor House Hotel in London’s Mayfair.
    The supposedly skint financier mingled happily with the likes of Bono, Niall Horan, Emeli Sande and Prince William at the VIP BOD bash — prompting many to question how he afforded the €700-a-head entry. All the while, Seanie was holidaying in the States, and stayed at five-star hotels in Poland during the Euro 2012 footie tournament.
    And when he’s not relaxing at his plush home in Greystones, Co Wicklow, he is regularly to be found striding about the swanky Druids Glen golf resort in Newtownmountkennedy.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1044955/champagne-seanie-fitzpatrick-free-to-live-high-life-again-after-being-cleared-of-criminality-at-anglo-irish-bank/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

eagle eye wrote: »
    This thread is throwing up some great stuff. A retired guard in his fifties is not a pensioner, even.though he is on a pension.

But those who want to make a point mention 'pensioner' in the hope that the reader thinks of a person 65+, not the technical meaning of the word, which could mean a relatively young person if they were a Government minister.

Also the sheer fact they we are bringing people into the country who are getting accommodation FOR FREE and who have never paid a penny makes no sense. Its not like the people who are behind in mortgage payments havent paid a cent

2018-12-17.png

If the bankers who damn near bankrupt the country can get away without being evicted and if we can afford to house people who dont need to pay anything while evicting our own then justice in this country needs a major reshaping

Doesnt matter what they paid or havent paid because we are housing people who pay nothing
    Doesnt matter what scams they are or arent involved in because we are not evicting the bankers who scammed a nation

We should fight back against a two tier justice system or we again become second class citizens in our own country

• Advertisement

A slightly racist post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

markodaly wrote: »
    LOLZ.

Yeap, its irrelevant alright that this guy has not reportedly paid back a cent of the loan he agreed back in 2004,
    or the fact a gang of 20 people attacked 8 men going about their lawful duty, killing a dog and burning out a bunch of cars while at it...

All of this is 'irrelevant' because of some facebook video that shows not much at all.

About 25 years ago, you would be the type of person trying to defend old priests from being sent to jail because they raped little boys and girls because of some other 'facts'.

not at all, i have never defended and would never defend anyone involved in child abuse. i haven't even defended the individual who was subject to the eviction. however i have rightly condemned the behaviour of the violent thugs which caried out the eviction and i make no apologies for that. and yes, to me the behaviour of the business man while absolutely wrong is irrelevant to the behaviour of the individuals who caried out the eviction. it is a matter for revenue the courts and anyone else he owes money to.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

NIMAN wrote: »
    A slightly racist post?

BS, point out exactly where its racist?

not at all, i have never defended and would never defend anyone involved in child abuse. i haven't even defended the individual who was subject to the eviction. however i have rightly condemned the behaviour of the violent thugs which caried out the eviction and i make no apologies for that. and yes, to me the behaviour of the business man while absolutely wrong is irrelevant to the behaviour of the individuals who caried out the eviction. it is a matter for revenue the courts and anyone else he owes money to.

You are funny. You do realise the courts ordered the family to vacate the farm... you do realise he refused to do so, so had to be physically removed?

How would you remove a person without physically touching them? Play the pipped pipper?

BS, point out exactly where its racist?

Its like something you'd see posted by the National Front or BNP in England.

You are funny. You do realise the courts ordered the family to vacate the farm... you do realise he refused to do so, so had to be physically removed?

How would you remove a person without physically touching them? Play the pipped pipper?

I agree with you, but i will agree with the other posted first and foremost until the likes of the bankers who went bankrupt but still live in their mansions are evicted and preferably dragged out.

Until the 'us and them' system is equalised people should make the inequality cost
    Its like something you'd see posted by the National Front or BNP in England.

Ok those are ugly parts of the interwebs, yes, but where is the image/text/post actually racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Billcarson wrote: »
    Your wasting your time in talking to most in this thread. They are a disgrace to this country with their pro establishment bs. We are supposed to keep our heads down and bow and smile to our masters . They can't get it into their heads that people are unhappy with the way this country is run. Granted i don't have all the answers myself but anything has to be better then keeping the status quo. But sure fg and ff have been doing so well this last nearly hundred yrs. What happened in roscommon disgusted many but this thread is full of know it alls who are afraid of any change.

The issues you seem to have problems with have nothing to do with what happened in Roscommon. That coupled with a complete lack of understanding of how it all got to this stage make you look like very immature or out of touch with how things work in the real world.

You say you don't have all the answers. I don't think you have any of the answers and come across as just another left wing lunatic who feels hard done by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2018-12-17.png
    Ok those are ugly parts of the interwebs, yes, but where is the image/text/post actually racist?
    Out with the Old; old white people.
    In with the new; young black family.

It's along the lines of "immigrants get free house, free car, free job".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Picture on facebook with captions say more than real facts ever will.
    Is there an actual source for the second picture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Ipso wrote: »
    Picture on facebook with captions say more than real facts ever will.
    Is there an actual source for the second picture?

https://twitter.com/campaignforleo/status/1059399695078998016?lang=en

LOLZ.

Probably the same people complaining about high interest rates.

I agree with you, but i will agree with the other posted first and foremost until the likes of the bankers who went bankrupt but still live in their mansions are evicted and preferably dragged out.

Until the 'us and them' system is equalised people should make the inequality cost

So, you just want some sort of bloodless revolution, where it's just the bankers who get turfed out of their homes.

Classic idiot populism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

How would you remove a person without physically touching them?

RELEASE THE HOUNDS !!!:rolleyes:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but....
    I think their treatment could have been more professional and less physically punitive.

I have no sympathy for them in light of the debt defaults, tax dodging and general sh1tehawk behavior, the eviction was legit but the execution was bungled and kak-handed. they should have been coffin carried off the property at shoulder heighth.

As for the whataboutery of Seanie Fitz and that other band of hoors, they (and their co-conspirators and beneficiaries) should be given no comfort or quarter in the country until they have been punished.
    Those turnips do not equal these turnips.

The state should be the First order creditor in all cases however. Is that not the case ?

So, you just want some sort of bloodless revolution, where it's just the bankers who get turfed out of their homes.

Classic idiot populism.

Evictions should begin with the bankers/golden circle etc

Evictions should begin with the bankers/golden circle etc

...but would you agree that eventually folks like our family in Strokestown will have to be thrown out too?

• Advertisement

Weren’t there large marches where the public expressed support for Sean Quinn?

...but would you agree that eventually folks like our family in Strokestown will have to be thrown out too?

In some cases yes, these guys - probably.
    Things that would need to be done to level the playing field, take the wind out of violent mobs sails, and take the wind out of the sails of people like me would be:

More non recourse lending - put the weight of responsibility on the banks
    No issuing mortgages that extend beyond the working life of someone (i.e you are 50 and they issue you a 30 year mortgage)
    Make it illegal for a bank to seek a guarantor for lending - no more bankrupting mammy and daddy if you default etc. The banks need to assess if a borrower can stand on their own two feet and not seek to stack the game 100% in their favour.
    If a bank is found to be in breach of lending standards and IF the defaulter is all out of assets and the last thing left if their home then the courts should be able to determine if a write down up to X% is appropriate.
    If you lend for something like farm machinery or a car - you can seize the assets but nothing else - i.e you cant go after someones home, but you could go after say an investment property or maybe even the surrounding farm land.

But above all - equality in the justice system. Its a vital part of a functioning democracy to see justice handed out evenly. You cant have Sean Fitzpatrick in a mansion still with millions after going bankrupt while dragging people out of their homes for what is the same thing. I`d argue that Fitzpatrick deserves harsher treatment because it affected the whole country. Anyway I know it can sound like whataboutery but this is what the violent mobs see and this is what creates the feeling of injustice that gives the evictees the backing.

KBC were bailed out by Belgium (the HQ in Belgium pumped the money into the Irish branch as per my posts with full links the other day) because their landing practices were so bad their business would have failed. They have never had to take any punishment for these landing practices. So in a perverse way I`m glad to see the banks hitting a wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭boetstark

Can somebody pls provide footage of the security employees assaulting people. All I have seen is reasonable force being used to remove the occupants on foot of a court order. Surely if the security guys assaulted the occupants the thick fella with the camera phone would have it recorded.
    From a personal point of view I tried to have a court order enforced by a county sheriff in Ireland. Guess what , the debtor told him go piss off and laughed. To this day I have not received a cent. No company in Ireland available to enforce a court order. Laughable...

boetstark wrote: »
    . No company in Ireland available to enforce a court order. Laughable...

Culture boss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ipso wrote: »
    Weren’t there large marches where the public expressed support for Sean Quinn?

Not just that, managers and executives of the interests that took up the remants of the Quinn holdings are to this day subject to intimidation and attacks on their property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Also the sheer fact they we are bringing people into the country who are getting accommodation FOR FREE and who have never paid a penny makes no sense. Its not like the people who are behind in mortgage payments havent paid a cent

2018-12-17.png

Country is going to ****

Should be like Australia

If you haven't got 5000e in savings in an Irish bank account shouldn't be allowed entry

A family should need 15000e for entry

I am in a privileged position as have no mortgage, ok job etc

If I wasn't in such a position and was working hard in Dublin paying a 1800e a month for my family and then saw that wanker Leo posting this **** on twitter, I would be thrilled

Its all wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭Jeff2

LillySV wrote: »
    He's a hero for fighting the elite... Or something.

Not a dodge paying anything he thought he could get away with person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Is the reason it's called strokestown because it's full of ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Has this really turned into an anti immigration thread now as well. Fvck me the twisting some are doing here to defend a shyster is getting on Olympic gymnastics levels now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Haha. :) Bally Fecken Mun.

Then again the council have a better chance of getting paid from them than the KBC had from the chancer in Strokestown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

riemann wrote: »
    Sir, I am simply inferring that the people going on the sectarian diatribe are somewhat intellectually challenged, though I assume from your post that you consider unionists to be some sort of sub spices that has no business challenging even the most obvious of bigoted on their outbursts?

Please don't refer to me as sir, or Lord. I am a citizen of a Republic, with a constitution recognising all men and women as equal.

Noone gives a **** whether you are blue, black or orange.
    And what a fine citizen you are. Your family and country are so proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭facehugger99

2018-12-17.png

I see the dog-whistle racists are out now.

Yep questioning evictions in the context of an accommodation crisis while we boost population numbers via migration is just plain racist now.
    Questioning the fairness of evictions in the context of social housing allocation - regardless of race - is apparently also racist.

Failing to address perceived inequality will fuel mobs like at Strokestown. Do it at your own peril and probably at your childrens peril

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/david-quinn/huge-scale-of-immigration-is-making-our-housing-crisis-worse-35498057.html
    In 2015, 17pc of people living here were "foreign-born" (to use the term in the report). In Britain, the equivalent percentage is 13.

Aside from tiny Cyprus and Luxembourg, no country in the EU has a higher percentage of migrants from other EU countries (10pc).

Now, think about this for a moment.

In Britain, there is a very big debate about immigration. Many British people are concerned about their country's ability to absorb such a large number, to "manage" migration properly, as Mr Varadkar might put it.
    The unemployment rate for all recent immigrants was 20 per cent though there were large variations by nationality. Among Brazilians 30 per cent of those in the labour force were unemployed, while only 4.5 per cent of German national immigrants were in this category.
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp11eoi/cp11eoi/lfnmfl/
    Black Africans recorded the highest unemployment rate (36 per cent), and were four times more likely to be unemployed than White Irish individuals.
    https://www.esri.ie/news/ethnicity-and-nationality-in-the-irish-labour-market/

Where do these people live and who pays for it?

In contrast the working poor are having trouble with accommodation:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/specialreports/defence-forces-wages-so-low-they-are-told-not-to-have-children-870171.html
    The Irish Defence Forces is “broken” with wages so low that some soldiers are facing homelessness and being told not to have children

“Our families live in poverty. We suffer from food, income, fuel, and child poverty. Many of us can only dream of owning our home, and some this month are facing uncertainty about their homes, while others are facing homelessness. I personally know these people,” said Sarah Walshe of the Wives and Partners of the Defence Forces organisation.

https://www.thejournal.ie/defence-forces-protest-3349755-Apr2017/
    MEMBERS OF THE DEFENCE Forces have been forced to go to loan sharks as they struggle to make ends meet on their current wages.

Spouses, partners and other family members today protested outside army barracks all across the country to highlight their financial struggles as a result of recessionary pay cuts.

Just remember if the result of Brexit ends up being a United Ireland and that causes trouble in the North these are the people you are sending into harms way.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/naval-ship-cant-patrol-irish-13280721
    A naval ship cannot patrol Irish waters as there are not enough sailors to man it.

The boat, normally tasked with defending a stretch of water off the coast inside the so-called Irish box, is tied up at Haulbowline Naval Base in Co Cork .

A whistleblower said: “The lads are disgusted, they want to do their work but there is simply not enough sailors to take her to sea.

“The Naval Service is at crisis point with staffing levels because of the extreme austerity suffered by the service.

“There are also a lot of people leaving because of pay issues – it is a tough job but they have proven themselves at sea in the Mediterranean in recent years.”

Whats the point in wasting so much of our resources fighting drugs when we cant even send ships out to intercept? Do we even have enough capability in the aer corp to spot them anyway? (maybe a better use of funds than NAMA would have been sorting out all brances of the decrepit defence forces).

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/sailors-in-the-navy-forced-to-bunk-on-ships-as-cant-afford-rent-424583.html
    Young sailors who can’t afford soaring rents are sleeping in cramped bunks onboard ships when they’re off-duty; while some soldiers who have to commute long distances to work are sleeping in cars to save money.

Join the dots between these issues and how the people in this case in Roscommon even got support.
    And again please point out where I am being racist - i.e discriminating based on race.

Yep questioning evictions in the context of an accommodation crisis while we boost population numbers via migration is just plain racist now.
    Questioning the fairness of evictions in the context of social housing allocation - regardless of race - is apparently also racist.

Failing to address perceived inequality will fuel mobs like at Strokestown. Do it at your own peril and probably at your childrens peril

But the Strokestown eviction is down to a "cute hoor" not paying his debts and defrauding the Revenue (us).

A boyo in Roscommon being lawfully evicted from his home for being, well, a thieving ****, is in no way related to the state policy on immigration. To attempt to connect the two is undoubtedly racist. You therefore, are a racist. Pretty ****ing simple to be honest.

People can absolutely take issue with immigration policies and express their views on it without being racists. That's not happening here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Facts are th.....

Whoa whoa whoa what are ya doing?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

How do do you evict someone who doesn't want to leave willingly in a way that will look good on camera?

absolute state of this fcuking thread

shows the calibre of the rabble left

intimidation against the law of the land

vigilante violence

shamelessness in aversion to facts

complete inability to discern freeman truth from complex reality

can't process personal responsibility

cant process how the fella who sounds like you takin the p1ss is the same as the banker takin the p1ss

cant have anything happen they dont like without squealing about bankers or water charges

cling desperately to any uncertainties and spin rubbish from them, treat this rubbish as valid until proven otherwise, move on to next uncertainty, repeat

bonus: happy to associate quietly with sectarian, racist and vigilante posters when it suits their agenda

lads ye all get one vote, regardless of how many boards accounts ye have. the results each election cycle make for cold reading for ye. wise up and take a hint, ye frankly struggle in a scary and confusing modern world and probably deserve pity but maybe lay off the hateful rhetoric it puts ye in very ugly company historically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

face facts, all of that is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

absolute state of this fcuking thread

intimidation against the law of the land

vigilante violence

shamelessness in aversion to facts

complete inability to discern freeman truth from complex reality

can't process personal responsibility

cant process how the fella who sounds like you takin the p1ss is the same as the banker takin the p1ss

cant have anything happen they dont like without squealing about bankers or water charges

cling desperately to any uncertainties and spin rubbish from them, treat this rubbish as valid until proven otherwise, move on to next uncertainty, repeat

bonus: happy to associate quietly with sectarian, racist and vigilante posters when it suits their agenda

lads ye all get one vote, regardless of how many boards accounts ye have. the results each election cycle make for cold reading for ye. wise up and take a hint, ye frankly struggle in a scary and confusing modern world and probably deserve pity but maybe lay off the hateful rhetoric it puts ye in very ugly company historically
    Peter Casey becoming president was huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There is a diff between an asset being taken and a main residence. The debtor was in default and made no effort to pay, quite different from someone hitting hard times and having made an effort.
    These things are nuanced, it's not all banks bad, debtor good, in every case.
    The other issue is that this was the home of the two others who lived in the house. They too have rights.
    The Kingstons in Cork still live in the farmhouse AFAIK.

Somewhat betraying your own embarrassing prejudice here. What's this got to do with right Vs left? How many left wing farmers with hundreds of thousands of euro debt do you know down Roscommon way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So rte are FINALLY covering the story now?

What? It's been ont heir website for over 36 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

LOLZ.

Mark nobody has been defending people who have not paid their mortgage or anything of the sort. For me and many others, its the manner in which it was done.

The 8 men were not going about lawful duty. Security for serving high court judgements is not regulated in this country. That is why you had Northern private security of possible dubious origins with no visible ID's pulling people out of a house. This could have been done correctly in January using less in your face means and nothing would have happened and Ben Gilroy would not have turned it into what it is, making comparisons with 200 years ago.

Everything else is a a side show including:

Cheating the taxpayer. There is no need to raise this as a point. There are TD's in the Dáil who are repeat offenders in this area yet no one pays a blind bit of notice and they remain in office.

Also the 18k debt would not have helped the "businessman". Said businessman left a huge debt behind.

The money owed on the house and the manner in which it was not paid is enough to evict. There is no need to cast any further stones.

We need to regulate the behavior of a lot of things starting with vulture funds, so called security (so that we have proper evictions without dissidents getting involved). We only do light touch regulation in this country because of the eejits that are voted in and where no one is called to account.

This government have run this country into the ground. The infrastructure is creaking. Transport, Health and Housing. Key components of society. The levels of personal debt enforced on working people through bailouts will remain with us for a long time.

The banks did not know how to recover monies they crazily gave out in the late 90s early 2000s so their solution was to sell them off to vulture funds, 10 years later. We will have a lot more of this over the next while.

The solution is unknown. Politics is in a bad way. SF would have us paying for everything. FF & FG have shown they have no ideas. The Labour Party sold their souls and there are only reminants left. What options remain ?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    What? It's been ont heir website for over 36 hours

Shhh your are ruining their narrative about the MSM with your facts!!

Advertisement