Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple ipad - import charges from US?

• 16-12-2018 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭

the standard ipad is $249 at the moment with Walmart. Does anyone know what the import charges and duties would be if I was to order it and ship via Addresspal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

VAT of 23% of the original value and €12 fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Shn99 wrote: »
    VAT of 23% of the original value and €12 fee

Original value = price of item + Shipping cost. Most couriers charge more than €12, minimum is €15 except anpost that's €10 fees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Well my charge from AP was €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Shn99 wrote: »
    Well my charge from AP was €12

Ok, used to be €7 went up to €10 maybe gone up again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ablelocks wrote: »
    the standard ipad is $249 at the moment with Walmart. Does anyone know what the import charges and duties would be if I was to order it and ship via Addresspal?

First question, will Walmart driver internationally?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just be wary of AP's insurance - they only cover €40, so if the iPad goes missing you've basically got no comeback.

As has already been said on the thread, VAT is charged on the item value + shipping cost. That being said, I've ordered a fair few things from the US over the last few months using AP and I've not been charged VAT on anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

that's what i was thinking too.

item cost + shipping + customs duty + VAT

I just can't find the actual duty on an ipad. you'd think they'd have a searchable database by product....

I think I'll pass on this now - I didn't know that about the addresspal insurance - sure that pretty much limits what you can buy then.

I've only used addresspal once for a delivery of 2 x echo dots from the US. I was only charged the €15.99 shipping fee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No duty on computers. TBH, if this was possible, or made financial sense, we’d all have done it.

Advertisement