Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypassing LED floodlight Sensor

Options
  • 16-12-2018 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi

iv a fairly new 50W LED floodlight, and the sensor is no good on it. want to bypass / remove the sensor so the light is just turn on/off.

But when i opened the light, the black wire leading to the sensor has came loose from the main circuit. see attached photo.

The light does not work at all now.

Whats the best way to bypass this sensor, and where does this black wire go - do i need it?

Any ideas ?? otherwise ill just be throwing it all out . .. . worth a try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,461 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You know that’s the 4th thread you’ve opened asking the same question?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

unfortunately i cant add photos . when i try it says file too large, even tho only one photo, then it posts the tread anyway. hence the 4 post's.

if any one thinks they can help, i can send them the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,461 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Often with PIR lights you can turn them on manually by flicking the light switch on>off>on

It would be worth your while setting up the sensitivity on the PIR properly.

Your issue at the moment is where does the wire go, which is a bit of a guessing game, but I guess there would have been solder left where it was attached before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If this black wire is into the motion sensor, its not going to be needed.

There are probably 4 connectors.

Supply L, N in, using 2 of the connectors which supply the sensor and N also links to the lamp.

Then L return from the sensor which then goes to the lamp itself, and E, using the other 2 connectors.

A photo is really needed to clearly describe it anyway.

Thanks very much Bruthal. unfortunately i cant send photos in any format?!

Yes the black wire that has came loose is leading into the sensor. in total, there is a red, white , black , and a skinnier red wire leading to the sensor.

• Advertisement

HI

SEE PICTURES NOW OF THE LED BOARDS

The Last photo is clearest

ONE MORE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭cletus

It looks to me like there should be a bridging wire just above cx1, with the black wire soldered to that. Similar to the red wire beside it.

Ifyou turn it over, can you see remnants of wire or solder?

i was thinking the same thanks. wil check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

That is a complete disaster i'm afraid. Total botch job.

The L+N wires to the fuse is on the wrong side, so the fuse, inrush protection, and electrical noise suppression are all bypassed. Dont be surprised if your tv and radio goes off when that light is on.

The pir looks to be switching the 380v DC from rectifier BD1. No wonder the Pir is not working. More surprised it hasn't done any more damage.

If you really must do this, remove the red wire with the Black sleeve, and solder across the cut in the board near this connection. remove all the other Pir wires, Fit the jumper bridge above CX1, Fit an earth, and fuse the whole lot to 1Amp.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Whizbang. However, the light and pir is wired now the same way it was wired when i bought it 2 years ago. im just trying to figure out where the black wire goes , coming from the pir, as it has came loose.

Or i could remove the PIR altogether now as i dont need it anymore, if that was easier.

Advertisement