Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Wifi Calling not working

• 17-12-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've just signed up for an Eir Mobile Complete plan specifically and only because of the Wifi calling feature.  I got a new Samsung S9 as part of the package.  I've turned on Wifi Calling on the handset and set up the phone on both my home Wifi and work wifi.  Both are 40Mb/s up 10Mb/s down or better.  I can make good quality outbound calls and can receive and send SMS messages.  However I am unable to receive calls.  The caller just gets redirected to my Voicemail.  Incoming calls work fine when on the mobile network.

The account and phone are now set up about a week.

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ianx wrote: »
    I've just signed up for an Eir Mobile Complete plan specifically and only because of the Wifi calling feature.  I got a new Samsung S9 as part of the package.  I've turned on Wifi Calling on the handset and set up the phone on both my home Wifi and work wifi.  Both are 40Mb/s up 10Mb/s down or better.  I can make good quality outbound calls and can receive and send SMS messages.  However I am unable to receive calls.  The caller just gets redirected to my Voicemail.  Incoming calls work fine when on the mobile network.

The account and phone are now set up about a week.

Help!
    Hi ianx, 

I'm sorry to hear this service is not working for you. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattmosis

Hi, I've recently just bought a Samsung Note 9 SIM free. Is eir WiFi Calling not supported on this device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I have an iPhone 8. Lately I’ve been having a problem where incoming calls don’t route through WiFi calling and quality is brutal (mobile signal is 1 bar at best in the house). If I hang up and call back it’s perfect as it works through the WiFi calling. Also getting missed calls etc even though on WiFi with WiFi calling on the display.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ianx

Yea it's definitely not working. I went down to the local Eir shop and wasn't even working on the Managers IPhone for incoming calls.

I'm handing the phone and contract back on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I know the silence from Vodafone was deafening in regards to their introduction to Wifi calling but someone commented the other day that their android now has the option for wifi calling and Vodafone have now said they've began pushing the firmware update to phones in time for launch- official telecommunication docs from one of the government bodies said it was to be implemented before the end of their financial year ending March 2019. Pity you can't get it to work properly on Eir. I've had it on my US phone for years and its dead handy 

• Advertisement

I originally moved from Vodafone to get WiFi calling at home as there was no reliable signal. My wife recently moved to Vodafone and the signal is okish in the house. I am moving back to that as soo as my contract is up (feb) so hopefully they will have WiFi calling them selves soon after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

mattmosis wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently just bought a Samsung Note 9 SIM free. Is eir WiFi Calling not supported on this device?
    Hi mattmosis, 

You can view all handsets on this link here

If you click on the manufacturer it shows all devices and if they are supported or not. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

I think I am having the same problem.  I think from looking for the thread , it seems to be a common problem and that people cannot receive incoming calls from the eir Wifi calling.

Like others, I cannot receive calls properly and they are going to voice mail but I can ring the person back with outgoing calls. 

Can the Eir agents please take a look and see if there is an ongoing issue with this. 

For any other people on this thread, what version of Android are people using. I know that android pie is available on some phones and I wonder if I upgrade to Pie will it work better?

kala85 wrote: »
    I think I am having the same problem.  I think from looking for the thread , it seems to be a common problem and that people cannot receive incoming calls from the eir Wifi calling.

Like others, I cannot receive calls properly and they are going to voice mail but I can ring the person back with outgoing calls. 

Can the Eir agents please take a look and see if there is an ongoing issue with this. 

For any other people on this thread, what version of Android are people using. I know that android pie is available on some phones and I wonder if I upgrade to Pie will it work better?

I rang support and they said I needed a new sim. That made no difference. Tested in in the EIR store on their wifi to rule out my wifi. Then the best they could say was try a new handset. I don't have one so I was told there was nothing they could do. I've an iPhone 8 updated to latest version but was having the same problem before the latest update as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

heroics wrote: »
    I rang support and they said I needed a new sim. That made no difference. Tested in in the EIR store on their wifi to rule out my wifi. Then the best they could say was try a new handset. I don't have one so I was told there was nothing they could do. I've an iPhone 8 updated to latest version but was having the same problem before the latest update as well.

Same old eir. It's obviously a universal problem to all customers but they are in denial.

Are any customers getting the WiFi calling to work properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement