Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finishing up self employment

• 17-12-2018 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I’m ending self employment and unsure exactly what I need to do. I’m registered for income tax but not vat. From what I’ve read online I need to complete trc1 form but unsure which tax office to send to. I live in Dublin 5. Are there any other steps I need to do with revenue. I’d like be unregistered as self employed before December 31st as I don’t want to have to file returns for 2019.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Make sure you get your proper tax credits. I didn't realise after moving to permanent employment from contracting for a few years.

I got some tax back but missed some years as it was too far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Make sure you get your proper tax credits. I didn't realise after moving to permanent employment from contracting for a few years.

I got some tax back but missed some years as it was too far back.

Would that be for if I’m getting a new job? I’m going travelling in new year so mainly concerned with getting everything in order first to end self employment before I get another job.

Advertisement