Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game recommendation

Options
  • 17-12-2018 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Am looking to get a PS4 game for a thirteen year old and need some help.
    Although I am sure he has played some 18 rated games, santa can't be seen to bring one of these as he has younger siblings.
    Think he prefers shooting games to car games, already has FIFA and like most his age is into Fortnite.
    With this in mind I was thinking of either battlefield 5, or player unknown both of which are rated 16, so think I can get away with that.
    Which one of the above would generally be regarded as a better buy? Or is there any other ones I should consider?
    All of the newish/trendy games I have been looking at are 18s.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Battlefield V is a great game. There's a lot of outcry against it at present but have no issues getting a game, it's life span may be shortened by the community uproar but it is excellent value. PUBG is a bit of an unknown to me. I don't play Battle Royales but this is dwarfed by Fortnite. Are they not free to play?
    PUBG on PS4 is supposed to be pretty good but I know next to nothing about it.
    It depends what his friends are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Spiderman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Good shout for spiderman but he already has it.
    Think his pals are just playing Fortnite, are battlefield and pubg online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Battlefield has a campaign but it's very short and quite easy. They are introducing a BR mode but for the moment it is primarily an online shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If single-player is an option, there's Horizon Zero Dawn too. It's pretty great, rated 16+ and down to £24.99 from Amazon for the Complete Edition at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Yeah he already played and traded horizon and uncharted. Either of which would be perfect as he loved both

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

the Sniper elite series are excellent.

Love them myself. :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

greenspurs wrote: »
    the Sniper elite series are excellent.

Love them myself. :)

Not exactly child friendly though with other kids around and brains getting exploded in slow motion though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not exactly child friendly though with other kids around and brains getting exploded in slow motion though is it?

You can switch off that in the options menu

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Crash Bandicoot or Spyro? Both are on sale on the online playstation store. Or Ratchet and clank and batman arkahm night both on sale as well I believe on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

God of War?

Advertisement