Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add a bill pay dongle

• 17-12-2018 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have fibre cabinet broadband with eir.
    I have a pre paid dongle with eir but I want to add it to bill pay.

I think I can get 25gb for €20 p/m.

Is there a bar to stop going over that amount?

How can I add extra data if needed?

I want it all on the one my eir account.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi

I have fibre cabinet broadband with eir.
    I have a pre paid dongle with eir but I want to add it to bill pay.

I think I can get 25gb for €20 p/m.

Is there a bar to stop going over that amount?

How can I add extra data if needed?

I want it all on the one my eir account.

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf, 

If you click on this link it will outline the different mobile broadband plans that are available. 

We have two plans available. The first gives 25GB of data per month and costs €20. The second plan gives 50GB of data per month and costs €30. The contract is for 6 months. 

In regard to a bar, it would not be possible to block you going over the allowance but you will be able log onto your my eir account and check what your remaining allowance is. 

If you go into an eir store and bring identification with you they can add the broadband dongle plan to your eir account. 

- Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I won't bother if that is the case. I have always been able to put a bar on my phone's data and top up extra if needed. That is with vodafone though.

I will just stick to pay as you go since you can't offer that level of service.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I won't bother if that is the case. I have always been able to put a bar on my phone's data and top up extra if needed. That is with vodafone though.

I will just stick to pay as you go since you can't offer that level of service.

Thanks for your help.
    I don't know if this helps but its from my mobile billpay account.

Data Usage Alerts
    Get text alerts when your data is running low
    • Home alerts:
      On Off
    [*]
    How it works
    It’s easy to keep tabs of your data usage with data usage alerts.
    With data usage alerts switched on, you’ll receive a free text message when you’ve reached 80% of your data allowance and again at 100%.
    You can also monitor your data usage anytime by free-texting “balance data” to 50104.
    Need extra data? Check out our Add-ons here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭grinder23

It cuts you off when you reach the 25gb limit and displays a page offering you add ons so you can't exceed the limit without agreeing to it

grinder23 wrote: »
    It cuts you off when you reach the 25gb limit and displays a page offering you add ons so you can't exceed the limit without agreeing to it

Can we get eir to confirm this as this is what happens with the pay as you go option.

• Advertisement

grinder23 wrote: »

Can we get eir to confirm this as this is what happens with the pay as you go option.
    Hi tigerandahalf, 

When you reach your allowance on your broadband a message will display on your broadband dashboard advising that you have reached your allowance. It will then give you an option to continue and incur out of bundle charges or you can choose to add a data add-on. 

I hope this clears this up. 

Grainne

Hi tigerandahalf, 

When you reach your allowance on your broadband a message will display on your broadband dashboard advising that you have reached your allowance. It will then give you an option to continue and incur out of bundle charges or you can choose to add a data add-on. 

Grainne

I use the dongle for long trips in the car. The kids use it and I have the dongle stored away in the car. If I don't touch the dongle will it stop once it reaches the limit?

The dongle is a small huawei so I am not sure if it can display when the data is finished.

I just want 2 things -

The dongle to stop once it reaches its limit (so I don't incur extra charge)

The ability to top up the dongle with extra data if needed (just like on my bill pay phone).

Thanks

Hi tigerandahalf, 

Grainne

I use the dongle for long trips in the car. The kids use it and I have the dongle stored away in the car. If I don't touch the dongle will it stop once it reaches the limit?

The dongle is a small huawei so I am not sure if it can display when the data is finished.

I just want 2 things -

The dongle to stop once it reaches its limit (so I don't incur extra charge)

The ability to top up the dongle with extra data if needed (just like on my bill pay phone).

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf, 

Once the allowance has been used up on the dongle it will stop working. 

The only way that you can get the internet to work again is to agree to buy an add-on

Grainne

Is it possible to go bill pay online? There isn't an option to sign up without getting a dongle.

Also how would you add on extra data if needed? Through the dongle or through the webpage?

Thanks

Is it possible to go bill pay online? There isn't an option to sign up without getting a dongle.

Also how would you add on extra data if needed? Through the dongle or through the webpage?

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf, 

If you want to add the broadband dongle bill to your eir account you will need to do this in a store. 

Just advise the store that you already have the dongle. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement