Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

735xt or fenix

• 17-12-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

going to upgrade from a 920xt to either a 735xt or a fenix

fenix will be second hand, 735 might be new depending on how prices are in january

i prefer the fenix from a purely looks point of view but if the 735 is the better watch for what we are going to use it for i'd go for that ..

does anyone here use the fenix for triathlon / multisport and does it work ok for it , any other thoughts,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭joey100

I've had 2 Fenix 3's from new and both went back. I had big problems with locating satellites. I'd be 30 mins into a 40min run before it would find them. Same issue with both, no problems getting sorted with the shop I bought them in but in the end I got a refund and bought a forerunner 35, it does everything I need and I've had no issues with it. I'm not sure if it was an issue with a certain batch of Fenix 3's but it's something I would be checking before buying second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

I've had a fenix 3 for a couple of years and not had a single problem. Been great for all activities, pool swims, lake swims, mountain / trail runs, night training, indoor runs etc. Picks up cadence, speed sensors and HR quickly. Usually takes as long as tying my laces to pick to coverag. Good battery life and charges quickly. Use it as my day to day watch too. I'd highly recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

if its purely triathlon events, I would go with the 735. I think its a better looking watch myself as its sleeker etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've a fenix 5 plus sitting under the tree as a gift from herself, with the amount of treadmill runs i'm doing while travelling US/Asia at the moment the built in spotify support/bluetooth for headphones was a key point

but the biggest seller for me was having something i could wear with business attire that didn't look completely out of place. the 920 did. the 735 would have. it's not the best way to make a decision but it was a factor for me. i did a lot of research into it and didn't feel like i was giving up anything to a 935/735. battery life might be a concern if you were going 14+ hours for an IM and wanted it to track everything but that's about it, but even then you should be okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

I have the fenix 5 and its top class!! Would highly reccommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭audiRon

735xt great watch. Haven't used the fenix

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Have 735 for two months and it is an excellent all round watch. I got it on Black Friday deal (180) and bought the mint green one, which I regret as it looks like a sports watch:D, so not a good look for day wear.
    Have never owned a fenix!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Had the 735.... Thought it was a great watch to be honest until the face of the watch popped out..... Seems its only held in with glue and a rubber strip.... Fair play to garmin it was a week still in warranty so they authorised the shop to give me purchase value on a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

bought the better half a 735 for xmas, she likes it, having seen it in operation for a couple of weeks whilst its a nice looking watch its not that amazingly different to what i have.. apart from looks. gonna kick it down the line for a while, unless it turns up on a really good deal somewhere, got an edge 520 for the bike instead :)

Advertisement