Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statements and GDPR

• 17-12-2018 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

My bank will only provide me with 6 months of Credit Card Statements, but I need 12 months for a loan application. They want to charge €5 per statement for the older ones, so €30 total. Can I make a request for these under GDPR at all? Would bank statements be covered under GDPR?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭28064212

AFAIK, you can't specify the format of the results of a GDPR request. They must supply the information, but they don't have to supply it in statement form. They could just print out an Excel sheet of your transactions, without even having the name of the bank on the print out.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

Thanks. I figured they might try to do something like that since they want to charge for the statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Is on-line banking not an option?

Even online they only offer 6 months previous statements and list of transactions. They remove everything older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What financial institution are you with? With Ulster Bank they have the last seven years of credit card statements available to download on their online banking service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ptsb have older statements online too

It's KBC my CC is with. I talked to the lender for the loan and as a result they are happy to accept just the last 6 months.

TBH I was very surprised to find KBC would only supply 6 months online.

I only have my CC with them, maybe I'll switch to the bank I have my main account with instead. Someone was meant to call my back today and never even bothered.

Advertisement